The Cricket Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Tim Paine let's a bye for 4.

Pat Cummings can't bowl (cos he's stuffed) Tim Paine keeps bowling him.

Green is employed as an alrounder gets 3 overs... seriously.

I wasn't against Tim but his sledging last test was soft and personal.

He's refusal to bowl Green, Marnus hell even Smith... while running he's 4 strike bowlers into the ground has ended his career. (That only begun cos of what Warner did)

Did I mention the Lyon bye for 4? Umm yes I did but it was worth two lines.

Tim Paine let's a bye for 4.

Pat Cummings can't bowl (cos he's stuffed) Tim Paine keeps bowling him.

Green is employed as an alrounder gets 3 overs... seriously.

I wasn't against Tim but his sledging last test was soft and personal.

He's refusal to bowl Green, Marnus hell even Smith... while running he's 4 strike bowlers into the ground has ended his career. (That only begun cos of what Warner did)

Did I mention the Lyon bye for 4? Umm yes I did but it was worth two lines.
He had to bowl Cummins because there was no other option. Yep he was gassed but he was the only one wininng that game.

Starc unreliable and a non factor and Lyon the same .

The 4 byes if its the one I saw hit footmarks and went the other way , no keeper was stopping that.

He and most of the team made poor decisions under pressure . The Australian team is average and played like it .

Australia had 2 bowlers average 20 for the series but no one else under 40.

India had 5 bowlers average under 30 for the series.

Australia way too many passengers, too much left to to few and that's why we lost the series.

So we are on the cusp of another Ashes series . Its an interesting series between 2 average sides at test level.
England have played 11 tests since Australia's last and have the 'Yorkshire' scandel back home.
Australia have Painegate and haven't bowled or faced a red ball in anger at test level for almost 12 months .

Thought I would give a few predictions a crack
Result - Aussies 3-1 . England to win 1 of the first 2 tests
Most Runs - Warner - will be back to his flat tracking best and will cash in over the last few tests
Most Wickets - Hazlewood
Biggest disappointment - Stokes - will have minimal impact
Suprise packet - Ollie Pope - think he has the game to succeed here
Random - Anderson and Broad both to announce retirements prior to the last test

I'll get in on this too!

Result - 2 all, and a drawn test. Both sides are good enough to win a couple but have obvious holes as well
Most Runs - Labuschagne
Most Wickets - Lyon; solely due to the cooler/wetter forecast for summer, which may keep pitches softer than normal
Biggest Disappointment - Starc; can be lethal for sure but his erratic nature lends itself to possibly going for many runs
Surprise Packet - Hameed; very inexperienced and heading to an Ashes series in Australia is gonna be tough, but I think he is a talented bat
Random - Richardson to play 2 tests, Burns to score at least 15% of runs behind square

I'll get in on this too!

Result - 2 all, and a drawn test. Both sides are good enough to win a couple but have obvious holes as well
Most Runs - Labuschagne
Most Wickets - Lyon; solely due to the cooler/wetter forecast for summer, which may keep pitches softer than normal
Biggest Disappointment - Starc; can be lethal for sure but his erratic nature lends itself to possibly going for many runs
Surprise Packet - Hameed; very inexperienced and heading to an Ashes series in Australia is gonna be tough, but I think he is a talented bat
Random - Richardson to play 2 tests, Burns to score at least 15% of runs behind square
I didnt put Starc as a disappointment as Im expecting that to happen !

I'll get in on this too!

Most Runs - Labuschagne

If he gets the most wickets I'm very confident Aus will win, Cider and Hoff are usually always reliable.

Getting nervous now.

Good lord I hope we get another Steve Smith GOAT level Ashes series. That series in England was simply ridiculous. Just an unbelievable performance.
Englands tactics to him will be interesting.
Were very defensive in England and it backfired .

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Getting nervous now.

Good lord I hope we get another Steve Smith GOAT level Ashes series. That series in England was simply ridiculous. Just an unbelievable performance.

If he hadn't been sconed by Archer I dread to think how many runs he'd have made.

Sent from my SM-A326B using BigFooty.com mobile app

Was truly nice of the Aussie selectors to give England every chance they could of a victory. Picking Harris and Starc was just far too charitable.

Still hoping we’ll trounce them - but I won’t be at all shocked if we just scrape over the line with our generally favourable record at the Gabba seeing us through. I’m glad Head got another go at it as I think he’s shown some glimpses of being able to make it at international level - but picking an opener who averages under 30 at test level and Starc who is miserably out of from is honestly daft.

Broad out too.

Sent from my SM-A326B using BigFooty.com mobile app

Well definitely confident of the win now. Just crossing the fingers that this doesn't become a repeat of the continually weakened India side continually rolling us despite the odds.

Hoping this signals a return to form for Starc. More than happy if he puts as much egg on my face as when Mitchell Johnson did when I was furious about his recall many years back before he tore England a new one.

Poms wont be making many this series if they keep prodding outside off stump .
Hazlewood and Cummins will take 30 each.

First ball summed there batting up , as a leftie thats the ball you want full and on leg peg.
Burns made a meal of it .

Hameed dug in, liked Buttlers countour attack and Pope still looks best suited to our conditions

Remove this Banner Ad

Back