The Cricket Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Marcus Harris fails once again. If only there was some kind of statistic that would indicate that he absolutely can't cut it at international level...

England have bowled pretty well , Leach is an issue and Woakes just steady .

If and its and big if , they remove Warner , Head , Green in the next hour they are back in the game. Slightly 🙂

I have high hopes that this could be Head's time to solidify his spot in the side. Hopefully this is his Matty Hayden moment and he takes his chance.

I have high hopes that this could be Head's time to solidify his spot in the side. Hopefully this is his Matty Hayden moment and he takes his chance.
Well has booked himself in for series now .
Very good knock , typical of what I think we will get .
Innings like this mixed with frustrating starts

Last edited:
Very important innings from Head to ram home our advantage and give us a stranglehold on the 1st test.
We now need to Green to get runs , confident at test level then we have a decent 5-6 .
If Green can be the steady consistent middle order answer , Head can play his natural game .

Pretty concerned if Warner isn't fit that we could find ourselves with Harris + a rookie opening bat then 2 for fu** all could be on the cards.
90 is nothing to sneeze at but Warner lived dangerously all innings , I didnt think he looked back in great form .

Sounds like he will play though . If he doesnt its an interesting decision, go experience with Khuwaja or take a punt possible on Street.

I would play Neser for Hazlewood but think they play Richardson .

90 is nothing to sneeze at but Warner lived dangerously all innings , I didnt think he looked back in great form .

Sounds like he will play though . If he doesnt its an interesting decision, go experience with Khuwaja or take a punt possible on Street.

I would play Neser for Hazlewood but think they play Richardson .

I do agree with that 100%.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Cummins ruled out due to being a close contact from a restuarant. Neser to debut.

Won the toss and batted. Leach dropped for the English who have gone with Anderson, Broad, Woakes and Robinson

Only coming back to grade cricket in January . Probably 50/50 to play for the Vics by years end .
That's a huge shame. Even more so when you consider that Harris is completely outclassed at test level.

Street and Hunt will be good options . I particularly like Hunt , has a very well rounded game but probably 2 years off .
Usman as a stop gap? although if we go 2-0 do we consider throwing a Hunt or Street in considering we won't lose the series from that point.

Give Tim Ward a go to replace Harris. It would be nice to see the Australian selectors finally pay attention to current form. Plus he’s predominantly younger than Khawaja. We shouldn’t be selecting fringe players in their mid-30s - time to focus on the future.

Cummins ruled out due to being a close contact from a restuarant. Neser to debut.

Won the toss and batted. Leach dropped for the English who have gone with Anderson, Broad, Woakes and Robinson

Imagine those rules stay in place in the footy season with cases flying around left right and center in the winter.

Anyways great day for Aus batting time yesterday, I'm not sure this attack for us has 20 wickets in it, so I just want to get ourselves in a position that a loss is nigh on impossible.

Usman as a stop gap? although if we go 2-0 do we consider throwing a Hunt or Street in considering we won't lose the series from that point.
I think Usman only gets in if we are in trouble ( unlikely )
Gut feel is they if we win this test they will give Harris another test .

Then Street next in line possible for a dead rubber or two if required

Remove this Banner Ad

Back