The Cricket Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

I reckon last night's line up was a little experimental. 7-8 all rounders(I'm being flexible with the term)!!!

Maxwell only bowled 1 over (to keeping them guessing)
Christian, McKay, and Starc are competing for 2 bowling spots. With Cummins a near cert to play on Wednesday.
The batting struggled once Swan came on and slowed things down, White and Hussey really got bogged down before a special over from Hussey sent Biggs packing.

WE look ordinary I believe, but it's 20/20 so anything can happen

Starts tonight for the Aussies doesn;t it?? V Ireland (1 spot under us on the T20 ladder). Hopefully we can get off to a good start and actually push to win the thing (I highly dout we will, but always hopeful)
Yep, into the 2nd over now.

Watson got a wicket first ball.

Whitey dominated last night... well, it looks like it on his scorecard.

First 4 went shoulder height wide of slip, second 4 was a misfield, BUT the last 6 was Whitey at his best.

AB MacDonald playing 20/20 style over in WA

Aussies fail again in the T20 World Cup. Final last time, now Semis. Not sure we picked the rigth side overall, but not a bad effort.

At least the Vics have started well with an outright win first up and a clash with the Bulls starting tomorrow. Hopefully Sids and Patto can keep their form together. Most importantly, don;t let QLD's lower order make runs.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bailey's captaincy was pretty ordinary I thought.

On a positive note, Cummins is going to be awesome.
If we can keep him fit Grizz. The guy makes Scott Gumbleton look like Jim Stynes.

Him, Siddsy and Patto with possible Starc or Bird going forward has a truckload of promise. That and with Lyon continuing to improve or possibly another spinner coming on, we have a pretty bloody good bowling attack for the next decade

Not a bad day of work for the vics tonight... Surely Quiney has to get included in some part of the Australian team soon..and Finch should have been in that 20/20 team for that World Cup even if its just Mickey Mouse cricket.

If we can keep him fit Grizz. The guy makes Scott Gumbleton look like Jim Stynes.

Him, Siddsy and Patto with possible Starc or Bird going forward has a truckload of promise. That and with Lyon continuing to improve or possibly another spinner coming on, we have a pretty bloody good bowling attack for the next decade

Cummins is the best fast bowling prospect I've seen out of this country for a long, long time. He's got all the attributes, but he also thinks. He's going to be a ripper.

Not a bad day of work for the vics tonight... Surely Quiney has to get included in some part of the Australian team soon..and Finch should have been in that 20/20 team for that World Cup even if its just Mickey Mouse cricket.

Just checked the score - that's a smashing of biblical proportions.

I'm betting Haddin gets his spot back for the tests too. Just reading a bit around the various media channels and there's been a distinct change of tone around the bloke.

I'm betting Haddin gets his spot back for the tests too. Just reading a bit around the various media channels and there's been a distinct change of tone around the bloke.
Nooooo not Haddin back :(

It helps he's best mates with the captain and a New South Welshman.

No way should Haddin just be able to walk back in, when Wade has done nothing wrong at all.

On happy note, the Vics were great tonight. Finch and Quiney keep getting the job done for us, whilst Rogers suprises with a slashing knock.

Some good signs for the Vics at this early part of the season

It helps he's best mates with the captain and a New South Welshman.

No way should Haddin just be able to walk back in, when Wade has done nothing wrong at all.

On happy note, the Vics were great tonight. Finch and Quiney keep getting the job done for us, whilst Rogers suprises with a slashing knock.

Some good signs for the Vics at this early part of the season
I didnt get to see the game. How did Handscomb keep?

It's a shame if this happens they have really failed to make wade get accustomed to international cricket changing where he bats every couple of games can never really be a confidence booster for someone and plus well Wade isn't the greatest keeper but at least he at least give it a hell of alot more go then haddin and if test form is anything Wade scored a hundred in his last test but that's not the way any more in cricket.

Cummins is the best fast bowling prospect I've seen out of this country for a long, long time. He's got all the attributes, but he also thinks. He's going to be a ripper.

Agree. Looks an absolute gem. Some positive signs in our quicks at the moment. Just got to keep them fit.

I like Lyon, but would like to see another wrist spinner come on soon.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back