Podcast The Crow Bar Podcast

Remove this Banner Ad

The Weed #33

Debutant
May 17, 2008
A-town
AFL Club
Adelaide
Hi guys, I've been lurking around this forum for longer than I'd care to admit, and while I've always been an avid reader, I've never been a high volume poster. I figured that, after years of taking, it's time to try and give something back.

Me and a few of my mates have decided to record a weekly podcast, in which we chew the fat on all things Crows. We would love you guys to have a listen and get around us. Any feedback, positive or negative, would be much appreciated, we just want to get better at what we do.

https://itunes.apple.com/au/podcast/crow-bar-ep-3-showdown-dominance/id1095686496?i=366139524&mt=2 - link to iTunes - would be thrilled if you subscribed

http://www.crowbarpodcast.com - stream from the Soundcloud widget, for all you Android users out there.

https://www.facebook.com/thecrowbarpod/ - would love it if you could like our page on Facebook.

Thanks a million guys. Go You Crows.
image.jpeg

image_zps23zpd12n.jpeg

Last edited:

I just tuned in to the latest episode. It's actually pretty good - decent analysis & quite funny. I've subscribed on iTunes, another podcast!

Some competition for the crowcast - good stuff :)

I will ask Weed that you respect that the Crowcast is the 'official' bigfooty podcast for the Crows board. Also a reminder that there are 'spamming' rules.
Having a thread like this is perfect and ideal for sharing your content (and is not spamming). Highly encourage you to keep going. Just be concious that starting multiple threads and adding links in other threads will constitute spamming (and be a rules breach).

Looking forward to listening on my way home tonight!

Thanks for that Allefgib - everything you've said is more than fair. I'm certainly aware that the Crowcast is the Official BF podcast - I actually tune in and listen most weeks. I am certainly not trying to step on any toes and causing tension is the last thing I'd want. With the vacuum of Crows related chat, particularly from Melbourne media outlets, I hope we can be a complementary piece to people's weekly Crows fix.

Give us a listen and let me know what you think. I will appreciate any feedback, whether it's positive or negative.

Stumbled across the first episode of this and have been listening ever since. It's good stuff.

Richo's Rant is always a highlight. For some reason whenever I hear it I just picture those two Crows fans going berserk at the umpire at the north Melbourne game the other week.

Nice one fellas. Enjoyed the listen. Obviously know your stuff. Loved Tippets Tips by the way.

Thanks guys, we appreciate the listens. Get on and like our Facebook page for plenty of mid week interaction. We'd love to hear your suggestions for 'Crow Me The Money' and weigh in on our team selection discussions.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Thanks guys, we appreciate the listens. Get on and like our Facebook page for plenty of mid week interaction. We'd love to hear your suggestions for 'Crow Me The Money' and weigh in on our team selection discussions.
Listened. It was well done. You all have a good laugh. Don't do Facebook. Do any of your cast members do BF apart from yourself?. I find our Crow cast engaging as I'm quite familiar with the posters involved and can interact with them as it happens.

Two of them regularly visit this board, but don't actually post. I'll encourage them to create an account and start getting involved, while I'll pull my finger out and start posting more myself. Thanks for the feedback Red Mist, I appreciate it mate.

There's a lot to like.

The intro (Welcome to the Jungle/EF Commentary of THAT Tex pass) is epic. The overall sound quality is great and consistent throughout. Lots of very funny content, but the for some reason hearing the Wheel of Fortune theme looping over the guessing game had me in stitches. The nod to Arrested Development was also a nice touch. I did find myself tuning out towards the end, but probably due to having a short attention span and not being really all that interested in the betting stuff.

There's a lot to like.

The intro (Welcome to the Jungle/EF Commentary of THAT Tex pass) is epic. The overall sound quality is great and consistent throughout. Lots of very funny content, but the for some reason hearing the Wheel of Fortune theme looping over the guessing game had me in stitches. The nod to Arrested Development was also a nice touch. I did find myself tuning out towards the end, but probably due to having a short attention span and not being really all that interested in the betting stuff.

I listen to a couple of podcasts and I also think an hour is too long. I reckon 40-45mins is about perfect.

Thanks for the listen and feedback guys, I really appreciate it

Liquid Crow - thanks mate, I'm glad you liked the Arrested angle. The Wheel Of Fortune theme gets us up and about. How can it not? Cheers bud.

Footypie - yeah, 40-45 mins is the sweet spot. We have actually been trying to hit that window, but our best result is 48 mins so far. I'll be picturing Sam Simmons and channelling your advice this week.

Cleric - You're right, we need Nikki involved, but even I struggle sitting in a small room with those boys for an hour each week, it would be no doubt unbearable for a class act like her.

Thanks for the listen and feedback guys, I really appreciate it

Liquid Crow - thanks mate, I'm glad you liked the Arrested angle. The Wheel Of Fortune theme gets us up and about. How can it not? Cheers bud.

Footypie - yeah, 40-45 mins is the sweet spot. We have actually been trying to hit that window, but our best result is 48 mins so far. I'll be picturing Sam Simmons and channelling your advice this week.

Cleric - You're right, we need Nikki involved, but even I struggle sitting in a small room with those boys for an hour each week, it would be no doubt unbearable for a class act like her.

You wonder why I'm happy to sit at home on my own (apart from the cats) for the CrowCast. It was bad enough the other week with bigfella and feenix in the same room and a bottle of red wine between them... :eek:

Hi guys - Episode 5 is up and just begging for a listen.
http://www.crowbarpodcast.com - stream all eps from our site
itunes.apple.com/au/podcast/the-crow-bar/id1095686496?mt=2 - subscribe

We talk up the big win vs Sydney, Richo roasts Port from multiple angles, Neale-Dog keeps the umpires honest and the lads battle it out in another round of Name That Crow. We also give The Crow Cast a big plug and preview the big game vs the Hawks.

Would love it if you gave us a listen and gave our Facebook page a 'like'.
https://www.facebook.com/thecrowbarpod

Hi guys - Episode 5 is up and just begging for a listen.
http://www.crowbarpodcast.com - stream all eps from our site
itunes.apple.com/au/podcast/the-crow-bar/id1095686496?mt=2 - subscribe

We talk up the big win vs Sydney, Richo roasts Port from multiple angles, Neale-Dog keeps the umpires honest and the lads battle it out in another round of Name That Crow. We also give The Crow Cast a big plug and preview the big game vs the Hawks.

Would love it if you gave us a listen and gave our Facebook page a 'like'.
https://www.facebook.com/thecrowbarpod

The Port roast was epic.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back