the crowd

Remove this Banner Ad

willoblue

Club Legend
Sep 16, 2009
Melbourne CBD
AFL Club
Fremantle
How many times have we heard visiting teams trying to "take the crowd out of it"?
it seems as if they want 2 get on top early to take us out of the contest.
OK, what if:
we get louder when we are doing badly?
I don't mean booing like another team, but
by building our support when the team needs it most.
Let's create a true cauldron where opposition mini-success creates the monster of the crowd.

How do we do it?

We need one or two individuals in each block who take the lead at these times to start them off.
Perhaps they can be linked by electronic communication? :eek: maybe too much
But to create that truly unhospitable environment we need to keep up our passion.

Go Freo!

I was asked about this by an afl club years ago. What I came up with was that the crowd at the opposition goal end needs some tactics that they bring in when the ball is in that area that is designed to unsettle the opposition. One tactic when a player is having a set shot at goal. Another when the ball is in general play.

Well, at my old club, the ressies would stay behind to watch the league team, handbags included . Best player in ressies would be appointed the 'Bourbon king' and have a chair on the back of the kings ute . When said king commanded it at any stage in the league game our club chant would start up by all and sundry.
We had 6 or 7 come-from-behind wins that year and I reckon it was because of the crowd support we had . We scraped into the finals at 4th spot on the ladder and took out the grand final in a come from behind win also.

In summary - we should sell full strength booze in general admin, allow us to park a ute at each end of the ground and the wafl players need to get down and get on the juice to start it all off !!

Simple.

Well, at my old club, the ressies would stay behind to watch the league team, handbags included . Best player in ressies would be appointed the 'Bourbon king' and have a chair on the back of the kings ute . When said king commanded it at any stage in the league game our club chant would start up by all and sundry.
We had 6 or 7 come-from-behind wins that year and I reckon it was because of the crowd support we had . We scraped into the finals at 4th spot on the ladder and took out the grand final in a come from behind win also.

In summary - we should sell full strength booze in general admin, allow us to park a ute at each end of the ground and the wafl players need to get down and get on the juice to start it all off !!

Simple.
great post :thumbsu:

Football without fans is nothing! And with a very vocal & committed support Subiaco Oval could be a cauldron which would be worth quite a bit of value to the team performance but also would add to the occasion for the supporters also!

It may take a bit of organising to get started but most important thing would be the commitment of the supporters to it! The stadium is packed for every match so there are no problems with numbers!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

In an "entertainment precinct" like Burswood there would be a solid case to have the drums reintroduced once the new stadium is built. I am sure the Subiaco residents are the ones that probably complained in the first place. I am sure the residents in the Burswood towers would love it.

In an "entertainment precinct" like Burswood there would be a solid case to have the drums reintroduced once the new stadium is built. I am sure the Subiaco residents are the ones that probably complained in the first place. I am sure the residents in the Burswood towers would love it.

Nah last time I saw them was an away derby. NEK MINNIT never returned.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back