Analysis The Crows Buy/Sell Stocks thread

I thought an interesting way to keep track of player form going into the season would be to start a thread to discuss which players everyone thinks are improving and whose form is dropping. This can be updated weekly.

A few to start:

Frampton: Buy :arrowup: I think his potential is limited, but based on the internal trial and the first Port match he looks a good investment.

McAdam:
Buy :arrowup: After a very nice internal trial match he was quiet in the first Port match. Still think his stock is rising.

McHenry:
Buy :arrowup: Has shown steady improvement over last season and I think at this stage he makes the team for Round 1

Keays:
Buy :arrowup: Has continued his form from last season and is a lock for Round 1.

Walker:
Hold :lrarrow: Things could change quickly, but at the moment he plays against Geelong.

Kelly:
Hold :lrarrow: Similar to Walker I think he makes the Round 1 team due to the lack of experience in the backlines. Hopefully Doedee comes back soon and pushes him out.

Sloane:
Sell :arrowdown: It's a big call to sell your captain, but right now we need more from him. Needs to be more influential on the field.

Murphy:
Sell :arrowdown: Similar to Sloane, provides pressure, but needs to become more dangerous with the ball in his hand.

Who are you buying and selling this week?

May 29, 2011
SA
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Sturt
The market has already priced in gains on McAdam, Sholl and Keays after their break out years. Remember it's about buying low and selling high.

Guys with potential who haven't broken out yet are where I'd be putting my money. Guys like Pedlar, Berry, Hamill would be great options.

I'm selling stock in Fogarty. Big fan but high risk to hold him right now.

Selling stock in Lynch, reckon he'll retire at the end of the year

Selling Milera to put bulk cash in Mackay for those sweet short term gains

Buy McHenry and Pedlar

I'm selling stock in Fogarty. Big fan but high risk to hold him right now.

Selling stock in Lynch, reckon he'll retire at the end of the year

Selling Milera to put bulk cash in Mackay for those sweet short term gains

Buy McHenry and Pedlar

I'm holding my Fogarty, Lynch and Jones stocks for another week because I'm a sucker. Hopefully I don't get burnt too badly.

Oct 20, 2007
Perf
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
New York Jets, Toronto Raptors
Hypothetically if Framptons stock was up significantly I would be shorting. Looks to have positioned himself for a Rd 1 berth at this stage but I think it’s a pre season mirage. When the real stuff starts he’ll revert to type. Will be surprised if he’s still in the team come Rd 3.

*Disclosure Notice, Dewy006 is a major Share Holder in BergCorp.

May 29, 2011
SA
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Sturt
Hypothetically if Framptons stock was up significantly I would be shorting. Looks to have positioned himself for a Rd 1 berth at this stage but I think it’s a pre season mirage. When the real stuff starts he’ll revert to type. Will be surprised if he’s still in the team come Rd 3.

*Disclosure Notice, Dewy006 is a major Share Holder in BergCorp.
Totally agree with this. Frampton will go back to sucking when the season proper starts and Berg will get brought in.

hey shorty

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts TheBrownDog
Jun 15, 2005
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
AUFC, Everton, Sturt
Totally agree with this. Frampton will go back to sucking when the season proper starts and Berg will get brought in.
Let's just hope the last half dozen games from Berg weren't an outlier.

Oh wait.... We've got Thilthorpe

Aug 9, 2019
Victorian Central Highlands
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Panthers, GWV Rebels, Central Augusta
Listening to Scotty Burns presser just then I'm not sure that will be the case, seems Frampton was picked ahead of Himmelberg on what both players have been showing in the match sim and intra-club this preseason.

Oct 20, 2007
Perf
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
New York Jets, Toronto Raptors
Listening to Scotty Burns presser just then I'm not sure that will be the case, seems Frampton was picked ahead of Himmelberg on what both players have been showing in the match sim and intra-club this preseason.

It’s a hard one to get my head around, Berg was arguably our best performing forward in the back end of last year, showed some really promising signs. Competed well in the air, really started to attack the ball and take his marks which had been a problem for him. We reward him with a brand new two year contract, and suddenly he’s on the outside looking in? Behind Tex, Fog, Frampton and now probably Thilthorpe. Obviously I’m not in the inner sanctum but he must of had a very very ordinary preseason to deserve this sort of treatment.

Buying this week:

Gollant: Long term prospect, but one I genuinely can't see us leaving out for too long

Hately: There won't be many times in Jacksons career his stocks will be plummeting. Time to load up.

McHenry: Showed promising signs.

Newchurch, Pedlar, Berry: I'm becoming more convinced its a matter of when, not if, they'll get a debut.

Sell:

Sloane: Whilst Sloane has never been the model of consistency, I'd be getting all of my money out of him and hoping he makes me look like a fool.

Seedsman: Yeah, look, if we're playing Seedsman in the centre, he's likely finished as an AFL footballer.

Murray2503

Cancelled
10k Posts
May 10, 2016
AFL Club
Adelaide
Buy:
Thilthorpe, Berry, Pedlar, Sholl, Schoenberg, Borlase, Worrell, Rowe, Newchurch. McAdam, Hinge.

Sell:
Sloane, Lynch, Kelly, Hately, Fogarty, McAsey, Murphy

Hold:
Jones, McHenry,

Last edited:
Back