What should be done regarding our logo?

• Total voters
May 25, 2009
Back in S.A.
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Sporting Clube de Portugal
I don't mind the logo itself, I think if they got rid of the cartoony font and used a professional looking font, it would make the logo look much better.

Ze5ZYvW.jpg

Quick and dirty but you get the picture.

I doubt there are many people who dislike our current logo solely because of the font. My impression is that the hate is for the most part directed at the head, with barely an afterthought spared for the font.

Last edited:

mattymac

Why no midfield crowz?
10k Posts
Jul 9, 2009
Yes
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
No
I don't mind the logo itself, I think if they got rid of the cartoony font and used a professional looking font, it would make the logo look much better.

Ze5ZYvW.jpg

Quick and dirty but you get the picture.

Vomitous: (Adj.) Of or pertaining to vomit; tending to make one vomit; inducive of vomit; not up to scratch.

Sorry, but this logo, even if it wasn't an amateurish floating head of not a crow in not AFC colours is just symbolic of a s**t era and needs to be lost and forgotten. It says Trigg in so many forgettable ways

19thDan

Debutant
Jan 24, 2015
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
I received my membership renewal in the post today. The logo from the orange training guernsey was watermarked on the envelope and letter. Looks a lot better than the raptor head.

Updated: Here it is.View attachment 95377

My problem with this (and other Club documentation of late) is the way in which they use three different Crows on the same page - the 1991 crest in the 25 years logo, the Raven, and the new 'training guernsey' one. It reeks of indecision. Pick one and stick with it, and it exclusively.

AFC3000

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 20, 2011
AFL Club
Adelaide
I think the new Crow graphic is really just something for the season. Not a second/third logo. I wouldn't be surprised if their intention was for it to be a full body version of our current logo a bit like the Hawks have got, just it happens to be better done than the current logo. It's not actually that different, the shape of the beak is pretty much the same with the big curve which a lot of people complain about on the current logo but hasn't been mentioned with the new graphic.

19thDan

Debutant
Jan 24, 2015
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
I think the new Crow graphic is really just something for the season. Not a second/third logo. I wouldn't be surprised if their intention was for it to be a full body version of our current logo a bit like the Hawks have got, just it happens to be better done than the current logo. It's not actually that different, the shape of the beak is pretty much the same with the big curve which a lot of people complain about on the current logo but hasn't been mentioned with the new graphic.

Given its appearance on training guernseys I doubt the new Crow will disappear entirely at season's end - I gather those sorts of apparel tend to stick around at least 2 seasons

lV8GvTl.png

Looks like the club went with something very similar.

It's pretty clear that's the exact same crow image, the WFAO version just been converted to a vector path.

May 25, 2009
Back in S.A.
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Sporting Clube de Portugal
It's pretty clear that's the exact same crow image, the WFAO version just been converted to a vector path.

More than just very similar...

I'm aware that the crow with the slogan is based on the other, otherwise I wouldn't have made that post. The reason I wrote "very similar" is because there were changes made.

Back