The Crows Terrible Towel - will it catch on?

Will you take the towel to future Crows games?

• Yes

Votes: 7 36.8%
  • No

Votes: 12 63.2%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

I thought it was a winner.

Both waving it around which looked cool when whole ground joined in and the fact it was 34 degrees it came in very handy.

That being said not sure you'd bring it in middle of June when it's 7 degrees at night.
It did look good. But would have been better if the crowd did it when GWS took set shots.

If that could ever happen organically it would be a real winner.

Realistically I doubt few towels would be brought to another game.

I think the concelt is good. Just not enough people educated in US College sports to do it properly.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

There was a fair amount of participation yesterday - I'd say about one quarter to one third of the crowd were waving the towels after each goal. I would have waved one but someone had flogged the one from my seat before I arrived.

In future games, people will keep waving if ... people keep waving. If the participation level drops below a certain threshold, the remainders will feel like the odd ones out and it'll die out. The reverse would be true if the activity gains momentum and herd mentality takes over.

I actually don't care whether it's unoriginal or whatever. It's just a bit of fun. Fun is why we go to the football!

Not a fan myself. Feel like the crowd noise is best left as an organic thing

Adelaide already has a brilliant atmosphere, and to do some plastic bullcwap like this just feels, forced. I can't see myself waving some stupid towel around my head like an overenthusiastic american nut case.

I know what FR0GGY used his rag for after yesterday's win

6YMfG9j.gif

Can't see it catching on as most people won't remember/choose to bring it but it was still a handy little free towel.

don-t-forget-to-bring-a-towel.jpg

Back