Certified Legendary Thread The Cult of Robbo - Volume 2

Stubby holder?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Greeting disciples.

I seek your guidance, I find myself unsure of TGO's plan. It would seem I love and hate him in equal parts. Please enlighten me of the plan as you see it.

Thank you.

Brother GN80,

If there is one thing to be learnt from the Gospel of TGO, it is that man plans and the gods laugh.

One does not plan to down a dozen schooners at the Turf Bar, smoke 12 darts and devour a kebab. Such an experience must simply come to be, the inevitable next step in a continuous moment-to-moment unfolding of The Way of Things.

TGO is not TGO because he downs a dozen schooners at the Turf Bar, smokes 12 darts and devours a kebab. But, because he is TGO, he downs a dozen schooners at the Turf Bar, smokes 12 darts and devours a kebab.

I hope that clears things up.

Brother GN80,

If there is one thing to be learnt from the Gospel of TGO, it is that man plans and the gods laugh.

One does not plan to down a dozen schooners at the Turf Bar, smoke 12 darts and devour a kebab. Such an experience must simply come to be, the inevitable next step in a continuous moment-to-moment unfolding of The Way of Things.

TGO is not TGO because he downs a dozen schooners at the Turf Bar, smokes 12 darts and devours a kebab. But, because he is TGO, he downs a dozen schooners at the Turf Bar, smokes 12 darts and devours a kebab.

I hope that clears things up.

Are you saying the doctrine of robboism requires one merely to be and adapt, that planning truly disrupts the true path to enlightenment.

I ask because cosmically and spiritually my life is a shambles.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Brothers,

May you not be ostracised from family, may you find kebabs of unexpected bounty and have a glorious Corona while you reflect upon our Lord and unSobered, TGO.

Hopefully 2017 brings us a TGO reality TV show. Imagine that. Glorious.

Corona? Glorious? Surely TGO sees this a sacrilege, unless of course you haven't paid for it.

Corona? Glorious? Surely TGO sees this a sacrilege, unless of course you haven't paid for it.
Remember TGO is the ur-specimen of the AFL opinion writer. Be as Robbo, whatever you say or do is never wrong. Even if it is opposite to your previous actions or words. In the moment nothing is sacrilege. Whatever you drink, whatever you smoke, whatever you eat is the chosen substance.

you're yet to reach enlightenment, which is by no means a criticism. It's a lonley path but bring great rewards once achieved.
I hope I'm not showing you the path, as one needs to find it oneself, and I hope I won't be excommunicated for revealeing a core tenent, but TGO does not consider corona beer or even alcohol. it's a well-spring.
TGO, when in need of deeper insight, plumbs for Jack Daniels. PBUH

Thank you brethren I find your selfless education of this spiritual layman an inspiration. I will strive for that sweet, sweet light at the end of this crusade, hoping to please TGO and the congregation in the journey.

TGO's mere servant
GN80

Are you saying the doctrine of robboism requires one merely to be and adapt, that planning truly disrupts the true path to enlightenment.

I ask because cosmically and spiritually my life is a shambles.

Brother GN80,

I would not use the word 'doctrine', for it implies dogma. The Way of Robbo is to seek fulfilment and enlightenment, via any and all means, except tennis, hot drinks, regular exercise, leafy greens, early nights, and sobriety.

His is an example, not an instruction. You can have guilt, or not guilt, anything else is an abmerration that will leave you flabberbasted.

TGO does not pretend to have the answers. He knows that true Wisdom can only come from having the questions.

"Is, is Geelong, got you guys mentally?"

"I'm not ignorant....or or or...homophobic...who cares do what you want...but what's wrong with calling him an effing homo?"

"It's life guys. It's just life. If Tom thought life was going pretty well for him well, it's just run into a brick wall. But (suddenly louder) YOU KNOW WHAT (breathing gets heavier, voice goes soft and understanding once more) - we've all made mistakes, I've made mistakes. Harf - how many mistakes have you made in your life, I've made three".

Three. Even TGO has made three mistakes. Is his life a shambles? Is it a shambles to drink yourself to sleep each night, and cough-start your heart each morning? Not if you're the Chief Football Writer for the Herald-Sun. It's a process. It's a Way. It is His Way. It doesn't need to be your Way, in fact it almost certainly can't be. Few thrive on the diet of tar, grease, fat and alcohol. There is only one CFW of the H-S, after all.

Are you the CFW of your life, GN80? That is the question you need to ask yourself. In the spirit of TGO, perhaps start looking for the answer in the bottom of a bottle of Jack.

"They have shown us what we all have been talking about, well, not what I was talking about, but what everyone was talking about and I was agreeing with."

Brother richoatthedisco

I have never looked at existence in that way, I will never look in any way but from now on.

I have lived this purposeless life believing that ones flaws is a detriment to one's existence. I never thought one could be there own personal CFW and that could be enhanced by ones being.

I've never been one for slogans but I guess to do as TGO does, you need to do as you do.

Eternally yours
Brother GN80

Are you the CFW of your life, GN80? That is the question you need to ask yourself. In the spirit of TGO, perhaps start looking for the answer in the bottom of a bottle of Jack
Just choked on my dinner :thumbsu:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Brothers, are we the true believers the only ones that can see the obvious?

Mark "Robbo" Robinson is an Australian sports journalist. He is the chief football writer for Melbourne's Herald Sun newspaper, appears on the 1116 SEN radio station's pre-match Australian Football ... Wikipedia
Born: December 25, 1967 (age 49), Bendigo
Other name: "Robbo"
Employers:
Herald Sun, 1116 SEN, Fox Footy

Or has one of you lot ninja edited Wikipedia?

Brothers, are we the true believers the only ones that can see the obvious?

Mark "Robbo" Robinson is an Australian sports journalist. He is the chief football writer for Melbourne's Herald Sun newspaper, appears on the 1116 SEN radio station's pre-match Australian Football ... Wikipedia
Born: December 25, 1967 (age 49), Bendigo
Other name: "Robbo"
Employers:
Herald Sun, 1116 SEN, Fox Footy

Or has one of you lot ninja edited Wikipedia?

That's been like that since the start hasn't it?

Brother GN80,

I would not use the word 'doctrine', for it implies dogma. The Way of Robbo is to seek fulfilment and enlightenment, via any and all means, except tennis, hot drinks, regular exercise, leafy greens, early nights, and sobriety.

His is an example, not an instruction. You can have guilt, or not guilt, anything else is an abmerration that will leave you flabberbasted.

TGO does not pretend to have the answers. He knows that true Wisdom can only come from having the questions.

"Is, is Geelong, got you guys mentally?"

"I'm not ignorant....or or or...homophobic...who cares do what you want...but what's wrong with calling him an effing homo?"

"It's life guys. It's just life. If Tom thought life was going pretty well for him well, it's just run into a brick wall. But (suddenly louder) YOU KNOW WHAT (breathing gets heavier, voice goes soft and understanding once more) - we've all made mistakes, I've made mistakes. Harf - how many mistakes have you made in your life, I've made three".

Three. Even TGO has made three mistakes. Is his life a shambles? Is it a shambles to drink yourself to sleep each night, and cough-start your heart each morning? Not if you're the Chief Football Writer for the Herald-Sun. It's a process. It's a Way. It is His Way. It doesn't need to be your Way, in fact it almost certainly can't be. Few thrive on the diet of tar, grease, fat and alcohol. There is only one CFW of the H-S, after all.

Are you the CFW of your life, GN80? That is the question you need to ask yourself. In the spirit of TGO, perhaps start looking for the answer in the bottom of a bottle of Jack.

"They have shown us what we all have been talking about, well, not what I was talking about, but what everyone was talking about and I was agreeing with."

Now time has passed since this revelation, I thought I would say that I still find my way back to this post or brother richoatthedisco's to give me comfort when I doubt myself. I feel my aura of amber and nicotine growing stronger every day, and my guts.

Now time has passed since this revelation, I thought I would say that I still find my way back to this post or brother richoatthedisco's to give me comfort when I doubt myself. I feel my aura of amber and nicotine growing stronger every day, and my guts.

Just don't put a slice of lemon in your corona. It's not kosher.

I too have now ventured to that troubled territory and read the sad words of TGO. He has bared his soul and put aside any journalistic impartiality to state the case defeated comprehensively in CAS and by Johnny Foreigner in the Swiss Court of Justice Thingy.

Reading that made me consider another verse from the Holy Scripture

3 Corinthians 27:69 "And Babophet went to Galilee upon the mule and did fall off in front of Ezekiel and his life partner. They did gaffaw and remark it was a source of epic lulz."

You have forgotten the words of TGO as spoke in The Book of Jobe.

Back in 2010 TGO was enjoying a friday morning dart while listening to Jobe on SEN, and said to one of his angels "isnt jobe great! Hes a gun footballer, he loves the Dons, and he always praises my proclaimations"

"Bad call Robbo", the angel said. This angel was bitter and twisted, and hated TGOs love of Jobe. " My thourthes tell me that Jobe only praises you because his life is so good. If he suffered like my Tigers, he would speak your name with hate and blame you for his woes".

TGO took one last drag, and proclaimed "bullshit! Jobe is a truly good man, and i will prove it!" He summoned Hirdy and told him "you are to go to the dons and make jobe suffer. Take his health, take his wealth, and take his spot on the team."

Hirdly descended from Fox Footy, and inflicted TGO's wishes. Jobe was filled with poison, banned from finals, stripped of his brownlow, and banished to serve flat whites in the slums of brooklyn.

In spite of all this, jobe still praised the great one. "I still believe TGO speaks the truth, and I know he will reward me for my faith!"

Robbo said "told ya", and he rewardes jobe for his devotion. He was returned to the afl, kicked many goals, and had his brownlow reinstated

This prophecy is yet to be fulfilled, but as it has been said so shall it be done. praise TGO

The 11 apostles

Well of course He did Simon.
TGO knows how to party.

Simon Hilbert ‏@hilbo76
@Robbo_heraldsun gee robbo for just kick off you looked smashed already ! Did you kick off 3 hours ago?

Just doesn't get any better in life than that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back