Certified Legendary Thread The Cult of Robbo - Volume 2

Stubby holder?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
An all time classic moment from TGO. So much so it's become my avatar.

View attachment 360032

Brothers, do we have any thoughts about what TGO was seeking to convey with this sermon? My first thought was that it might be something about letting the "blind" lead the blind - perhaps a parable for Hawthorn allowing Luke Hodge to remain part of their leadership group?

Childhood friend sent me this. I think it's time to let go of old friendships.

Perhaps some educational is required to turn around this so called friend's opinion on TGO?

Every heathen no matter how blasphemous deserves a chance at redemption.

You could try your best to convert said friend and if you fail it's no biggy. Life with TGO is all that matter. Friends are overrated.

Brothers, a sobering reminder to always remember to put the right words.

https://embeds.audioboom.com/publis...hild_channels=1#Mark Robinson on The Run Home (7:59)

Mark Allen: "When you heard those comments, what did you think, Robbo?"

TGO: "Tss- umm..., ts- what did I think? Jus' gotta fi-I know what I thought, jus' gotta put the, the, the right words of... I THOUGHT THAT IS WEAK AS PISS."

MA: "What?"

TGO: "That's what I thought."

MA: "What?" (giggling)

TGO: "I said 'Ben Hart, you've been at Collingwood for five or six years as an assistant coach to Nathan Buckley... (breathes in) AND YOU COME OUT AND GO ON RADIO AND SAY THIS IS WHAT BUCKS SHOULD DO AND ALL THAT SORT OF STUFF, (breath) why didn't you tell him while you were there?' I THOUGHT IT WAS WEAK."

Brothers, a sobering reminder to always remember to put the right words.

https://embeds.audioboom.com/publishing/playlist/v4?bg_fill_col=#ecefef&boo_content_type=channel&data_for_content_type=3481339&image_option=small&link_color=#58d1eb&player_theme=light&src=https://api.audioboom.com/channels/3481339/audio_clips?include_child_channels=1#Mark Robinson on The Run Home (7:59)

Mark Allen: "When you heard those comments, what did you think, Robbo?"

TGO: "Tss- umm..., ts- what did I think? Jus' gotta fi-I know what I thought, jus' gotta put the, the, the right words of... I THOUGHT THAT IS WEAK AS PISS."

MA: "What?"

TGO: "That's what I thought."

MA: "What?" (giggling)

TGO: "I said 'Ben Hart, you've been at Collingwood for five or six years as an assistant coach to Nathan Buckley... (breathes in) AND YOU COME OUT AND GO ON RADIO AND SAY THIS IS WHAT BUCKS SHOULD DO AND ALL THAT SORT OF STUFF, (breath) why didn't you tell him while you were there?' I THOUGHT IT WAS WEAK."
Incredible. In response to this....I cannot put the right words. Incredible.

https://www.triplem.com.au/sport/af...-and-mark-robinson-went-head-to-head-at-a-pub

"This was at a pub in South Melbourne...Robbo from the Herald Sun decided he needed to smoke the peace piece with Hutchy from Channel 9."

BT revealed it was an article from Robbo that inspired the meeting.

"Apparently Robbo had written something not so nice in the papers about The Footy Show," he said.

"So an informal meeting was constituted...apparently the opening line went like this: the writer of the bad words against The Footy Show said in a very calm manner, he said let's not beep around, everyone at my paper thinks you're a beep, and I am the captain of that beep team.

BT said Hutchy's response was just as good.

"I've also had it on good authority that in response to Robbo's introduction to the meeting, that Hutchy responded, everyone at Channel 9 thinks you're a beep, beep, beep beep beep."
Hutchy, Channel 9

(Log in to remove this ad.)

ONCE contenders and now pretenders. The Cats announced themselves, the Saints made noise for three quarters and flailed in the last, while West Coast continues to disappoint. Adam Simpson hates the Eagles being called flat-track bullies, but that’s what they are. They leave their state without the necessary intensity that is built to fever-pitch in front of 40,000-plus fans at home.

On Sunday, the bedraggled Hawks were too hard for them. Players such as Josh Hill, Sam Butler and Jack Redden were average, the midfielders were average and the Eagles were average. They don’t return to the MCG again this season unless they play finals. More flat-tracking until next time, hey Eagles?

Sometimes I thing TGO is teasing me...just like he teased Moses in the desert

Brothers, do we have any thoughts about what TGO was seeking to convey with this sermon? My first thought was that it might be something about letting the "blind" lead the blind - perhaps a parable for Hawthorn allowing Luke Hodge to remain part of their leadership group?

False prophet.

Brothers. I feel my faith is going to be tested this week

Didn't you like the Sunday sermon?.....I felt it was delivered with both panache & aplomb.....Aplomb- Good word that.;)

Alistair Clarkson
Twitter numbskulls

Can someone do strikethrough. I cant. (Fixed thanks Willo_)

-SEN 24/4/2017

Last edited:
Alistair Clarkson
Twitter numbskulls

Can someone do strikethrough. I cant.
put [ s ] [ / s]
on each end of the words, but without the spaces :thumbsu:

Brothers. I feel my faith is going to be tested this week
Brother Dunn,
As a Hawthorn Supporter I feel your anxiety towards the upcoming sermons of TGO regarding WC; I have felt the wrath of them during the preceding week. However remember what TGO says is for our own good, just like extra hot chilli sauce on a large mixed kebab it will sting a bit at first however in the cold light of day you will come to realise that it is for the best. Keep the faith Brother.

Brother Dunn,
As a Hawthorn Supporter I feel your anxiety towards the upcoming sermons of TGO regarding WC; I have felt the wrath of them during the preceding week. However remember what TGO says is for our own good, just like extra hot chilli sauce on a large mixed kebab it will sting a bit at first however in the cold light of day you will come to realise that it is for the best. Keep the faith Brother.

Thank you Brother. I know we deserve it but I hope TGO goes gentle on us, for we are weak of spirit. Perhaps he will judge that a contemptuous wrist flick is all we deserve,,

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back