Certified Legendary Thread The Cult of Robbo - Volume 2

Stubby holder?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Confirmed actually:

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2017-05-25/cheers-dan-raises-a-glass-to-improved-form

DAN Hannebery has had his first beer in months, and it has coincided with a lift in his form.

After the bitter disappointment of Sydney's Grand Final loss to the Western Bulldogs, the Swans midfielder famously stopped drinking.

Over the pre-season he reported a step up in fitness and his general well-being, but as the losses piled up to start the season, even expert commentators began to question whether his self-imposed "booze ban" was worth it.

Now, the 26-year-old has revealed, he's drinking alcohol again – at least in moderation.

TGO knows all. :rainbow:

Fencing Contractors who don't turn up and cause TGO to sit around his house waiting all day

Those bastards are notorious for those shenanigans.

How dare they upset TGO.

I have a right mind to hunt them down..now..Where's my pitchfork.....?

Is it only because I've spent years meditating on the utterances of TGO that I can clearly understand what he's talking about yet those heathen coaches prove deaf to his word?

You've reached enlightenment, brother. :rainbow:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

TGO: "I don't know about the monkey muscle can you explain that?"

Nerdling starts blithering on about medical mumbo jumbo and Kennedy's recount of the incident. Causing TGO to become impatient and interrupt.

TGO: "Righto, he's out!

Always able to cut right through to the point of an issue.

What, a, masterful, performance, last night, from the Big Bear.

First there was the description of his conversion from someone who loved a bit of biffo, to "think of the children, Gerald". It was like watching Saul reach Damascus and passionately attempt to convince the local Meek that he would inherit the earth, only for the studious violence-avoider to say, na, you should be able to punch a little bit.

But that was just the appetiser. His impassioned argument that Josh Green should not have been rewarded for "cheating the spirit of the game" was a moral whupping for Scott and Richo, who proved once and for all that coaches (and players) will cheat the system to any extent they can benefit and get away with. To them, the ends justified the means, but He wouldn't have it.

"Why do you think it's both say it's smart?.... That's not smart. Tha-tha-tha-evr, my mother would do that... It's, it's, it's smartish, but it's not very smart.

"Cheating, the spirit of the game. We play this game, and you coach it, and we all playered it as kids, the contest. Win ya own ball, EARN your right to play in the team, earn ya own ball. GET ya ball."

Scott tried to muddy the waters by comparing it to a player pulling out of a marking contest to let his teammate take it, but Robbo slapped that down, pointing out Green had no teammate nearby.

Then Scott went the old, "with respect, people who watch footy closely would say that was smart play", and the bull saw the red rag.

"I do watch football closely as well, Chris, with respect (who else watches so closely he sees 20 quarters in four games), with respect, Chris. You are coach, and you know more about football than me, but fundamentally this game is a contest game, and if we're gunna give the ball to a guy who's not even going to contest the ball, I think we're gotta major issue."

Amen.

Scott tried again to twist the debate, trying on some nonsense about the balance between inside and outside footy, as if that had anything to do with this matter.

Robbo was done with him,dismissing the drivel with "That's fine, I agree with that," before one final reiteration of his point, nay, his Gospel for the day: "Just stop waving around like you're a big floppy man outside the, the car yard."

Scott was struck dumb. I was in awe. This was the word of the prophet. Thou shalt not wave around like a big floppy man at the car yard.

Mark Robinson, TGO, FMC (Football's Moral Compass). Just when you thought you had learned all he had to teach. One of His finest, ever, moments.

Don't punch, don't flop. Words to live by.

Last edited:
What, a, masterful, performance, last night, from the Big Bear.

First there was the description of his conversion from someone who loved a bit of biffo, to "think of the children, Gerald". It was like watching Saul reach Damascus and passionately attempt to convince the local Meek that he would inherit the earth, only for the studious violence-avoider to say, na, you should be able to punch a little bit.

But that was just the appetiser. His impassioned argument that Josh Green should not have been rewarded for "cheating the spirit of the game" was a moral whupping for Scott and Richo, who proved once and for all that coaches (and players) will cheat the system to any extent they can benefit and get away with. To them, the ends justified the means, but He wouldn't have it.

"Why do you think it's both say it's smart?.... That's not smart. Tha-tha-tha-evr, my mother would do that... It's, it's, it's smartish, but it's not very smart.

"Cheating, the spirit of the game. We play this game, and you coach it, and we all playered it as kids, the contest. Win ya own ball, EARN your right to play in the team, earn ya own ball. GET ya ball."

Scott tried to muddy the waters by comparing it to a player pulling out of a marking contest to let his teammate take it, but Robbo slapped that down, pointing out Green had no teammate nearby.

Then Scott went the old, "with respect, people who watch footy closely would say that was smart play", and the bull saw the red rag.

"I do watch football closely as well, Chris, with respect (who else watches so closely he sees 20 quarters in four games), with respect, Chris. You are coach, and you know more about football than me, but fundamentally this game is a contest game, and if we're gunna give the ball to a guy who's not even going to contest the ball, I think we're gotta major issue."

Amen.

Scott tried again to twist the debate, trying on some nonsense about the balance between inside and outside footy, as if that had anything to do with this matter.

Robbo was done with him,dismissing the drivel with "That's fine, I agree with that," before one final reiteration of his point, nay, his Gospel for the day: "Just stop waving around like you're a big floppy man outside the, the car yard."

Scott was struck dumb. I was in awe. This was the word of the prophet. Thou shalt not wave around like a big floppy man at the car yard.

Mark Robinson, TGO, FMC (Football's Moral Compass). Just when you thought you had learned all he had to teach. One of His finest, ever, moments.

Don't punch, don't flop. Words to live by.

I think Scott is headed down that perilous road that bucks so arrogantly wandered down last year. And, what's worse, he was there last year. He witnessed it first hand. Surely it was a bad sign that Scott changed chairs this year. Robbo, like the panther he is, has lain in wait all year and last night he pounced.

I'm watching it again now, and Scotty poked the panther early in the segment, telling robbo he knew we disagree on the rushing rule but Scott thinks it's been great for the game. The cut away afterwards showed robbo already looking surly. Later, Scott is talking and robbo leans back in the chair to look at the replay of dangerfield kicking the goal. So obviously declaring Scott was talking drivel.

I'm still trying to work out when Scott acts like 'a big floppy man at the car yard'.

Surely, if nothing else, Scott has learnt his lesson. Challenge TGO FMC at your peril.

Watching last night's sermon, up to who's the top seeded team at the minute.

TGO takes pause, and decrees,,,

"I've got Adelaide as one. If they allowed to play on their terms, yeah,, and they're defencely really good. Yeah."

Defensively
Defencely :thumbsu:

Next time I have a disagreement with any member of my family, co-worker, policeman, bailiff etc I intend to absolutely crush them with 'you're acting like the big floppy man at the car yard' then walk away in triumph

You've delivered to your followers again TGO

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back