Certified Legendary Thread The Cult of Robbo - Volume 2

Stubby holder?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Understandably this time of year provides few chances to catch sermons from the TGO however I heard him on SEN this arvo discussing Bryce Gibbs returning to Carlton after maybe asking for a 2nd trade to Adelaide:

TGO: "Football's a profession but if you can't love the one that you... wanna be with, love..."
Francis Leach: "Love the one you're with. If you can't be with the one you love, love the one you're with"
TGO: "Is that it?"
FL: "Yep"
TGO: "And I reckon that's crap. I reckon that's a rubbish comment"
FL: "It's a Crosby, Stills, Nash and Young song from the early '70s"
TGO: "That's rubbish. It's like girls you know, if you can't, arrhh, that's crap"
There was then a bit after that where it was mentioned that TGO could possibly host a love advice segment for callers. Now that would be a good listen.

Praise.
Its actually a steven stills song the other 3were not part of it
Surprised francis did not know this

Crosby and Nash were back up vocalists, even though it was a Nash single.

No Young
Its a steven stills song was on his solo album ,,
Ive only ever heard people say its a steven stills song
Cant believe franky lynch with his knowledge of music
Did not know this

Oh well we all have **** ups like franky ill blame robbo

If I were to sit in the presence of TGO, I too would be a blithering mess.

The aura is profound, the aroma of exhalation of Corona and Winnie Blues would scramble my neural networks.

Understandably this time of year provides few chances to catch sermons from the TGO however I heard him on SEN this arvo discussing Bryce Gibbs returning to Carlton after maybe asking for a 2nd trade to Adelaide:

TGO: "Football's a profession but if you can't love the one that you... wanna be with, love..."
Francis Leach: "Love the one you're with. If you can't be with the one you love, love the one you're with"
TGO: "Is that it?"
FL: "Yep"
TGO: "And I reckon that's crap. I reckon that's a rubbish comment"
FL: "It's a Crosby, Stills, Nash and Young song from the early '70s"
TGO: "That's rubbish. It's like girls you know, if you can't, arrhh, that's crap"

There was then a bit after that where it was mentioned that TGO could possibly host a love advice segment for callers. Now that would be a good listen.

Praise.

Love songs and dedications, with Richard Mercer.....errrmmmm.... Robbo.......

Would be compulsory radio.

Brothers, i am deeply saddened from what i witnessed today, i was walking a path that lead under a bridge, there i saw TGO remonstrating with a homeless man, as it turns out the homeless man wouldn't hand over his goon bag for TGO to anoint, TGO was going to perform a public baptism but the homeless man was having none of it, then a scuffle broke out and TGO threatened great vengence and furious anger if the goon bag wasn't surrended, i walked on and a voice told me to go back, as i approached this now holy bridge i again saw TGO, this time he was walking off sucking out the dreads of the depleted goon bag.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Brothers, i am deeply saddened from what i witnessed today, i was walking a path that lead under a bridge, there i saw TGO remonstrating with a homeless man, as it turns out the homeless man wouldn't hand over his goon bag for TGO to anoint, TGO was going to perform a public baptism but the homeless man was having none of it, then a scuffle broke out and TGO threatened great vengence and furious anger if the goon bag wasn't surrended, i walked on and a voice told me to go back, as i approached this now holy bridge i again saw TGO, this time he was walking off sucking out the dreads of the depleted goon bag.

Are you sure it wasn't just an American actor playing a pale imitation of TGO?
Unknown.jpeg

Sent from my MHA-L09 using Tapatalk

I picture TGO's Vader helmet with the beer can holders on the side.
tumblr_lq1ncpT6iy1r1b3q4o1_1280-200x154.jpg

Brothers and sisters,

News that, in the spirit of our lord TGO, could be good, or bad, or good and bad simultaneously:

https://www.radioinfo.com.au/news/sen-set-merge-crocmedia

"Crocmedia CEO Craig Hutchison was linked to the station's CEO role, originally slated for former Collingwood chief Gary Pert, who had been on the SEN board for eight years....The company noted after the proposed deal no shareholder would have “positive control” of the new company, which would be led by Craig Hutchison."

Is this the end of TGO on the SEN airwaves? Or, just, the beginning?

Brothers and sisters,

News that, in the spirit of our lord TGO, could be good, or bad, or good and bad simultaneously:

https://www.radioinfo.com.au/news/sen-set-merge-crocmedia

"Crocmedia CEO Craig Hutchison was linked to the station's CEO role, originally slated for former Collingwood chief Gary Pert, who had been on the SEN board for eight years....The company noted after the proposed deal no shareholder would have “positive control” of the new company, which would be led by Craig Hutchison."

Is this the end of TGO on the SEN airwaves? Or, just, the beginning?

The SEN flagship show with TGO and Purple.

"Alas poor Robric we knew him well."

Half asleep under his bedclothes of SunHeralds, empty Winny Blue packs and Kebab wrappers, TGO begins to stir. The bronzed fingers reach for and finds the old bakelite telephone.

There is nooooze.

A varicose vein popping eyelid opens upon a scarlet all seeing, all knowing eyeball.

"Soha, are youze saying the witch has left the Age? Shpoze she can't do any more damage to the Dons.... Yerr, thats great... Jakeee Nylex to take over...watta Hooters.

"Waattttt! That blob Hutch is taking over SHEN" ...reaches for **** and smokes two Winny Blues in stereo ... The other varicose veined eyelid rasps as it opens on the death stare eye. The phone is slammed back in place.

"Now where the **** is ma ****ing contract??? Cramming the microwave with dimmies and chiko rolls and giving voice to a full throated cry of "Hurry" at his breakfast, TGO contemplates his next move, which is popping the top of a holy Corona and then ....

"Idd'le mean that rat BarRat will there. He's always hanging on Hutchy's coat tails. I won't stand for that or even sit for that...haha. Geeeze Louise, it will also means Pickering who hates me will have influence. And who the **** is John Rothmans and his altarboy ego Doctor Turf? Doubt he's even Orstrayan... sounds like bad **** to me haha. Oive still got it.

They can't get rid of me. I am CrunchyBar Time. There'll be no Oscars without me on the show.

Oil ring Watson and James. Dale k k k know what we should do.

Wonder whigh radio station TGO ends up after the inevitable removal from SEN. Surely other radio stations will be queuing up? Shirley.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back