Certified Legendary Thread The Cult of Robbo Volume 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Nuggetz

Club Legend
Jan 4, 2021
AFL Club
Sydney
This is where the underlying conditions thing comes into play - Covid-19 has prevented TGO from his annual spiritual pilgrimage to the holy lands of SE Asia - unable to walk the earth 🌍 and ponder this challenging time
Maybe its time to bring SE Asia to Robbo? What's his local Thai massage and Thai restaurant number?

Shane Heard

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 11, 2018
AFL Club
Essendon
Robbo rose from the dead early on the first day of the week. He appeared first to the Nerdling. He had driven seven demons out of him. The Nerdling went and told those who had been with him. He found them crying. They were very sad. They heard that TGO was alive and that he had seen him. But they did not believe it.

After that, Robbo appeared in a different form to all of them. This happened on 360. The disciples returned and told the others about it. But the others did not believe them because they missed the end of the show.

TGO said to them, “Go into all the world. Preach the good news to everyone. Anyone who believes and is baptized will be saved. But anyone who does not believe will be punished with loss of Premiership points. Here are the miraculous signs that those who believe will do.
In my name they will drive out Melbourne demons. They will speak in languages they had not known before. They will pick up snakes with their hands. And when they drink deadly poison, it will not hurt them at all. They will place their hands on injured players. And the people of Victoria will get well.

When the Lord Robbo finished speaking to them, he was taken up into heaven. He sat down at the right hand of God with a Carlton Zero can. Then the disciples went out and preached everywhere. The Lord worked with them. And he backed up his word by the signs that went with it.

Last edited:

Cleavy

Hall of Famer
Nov 28, 2004
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
from reading the Hun article atm:
" I have been a smoker for 35 years so, internally, it’s inevitable that my number would come up for Covid. My immunity levels are feeble. These past few years, I would pick up a chest infection opening the freezer, and cough it up almost nightly next to Gerard on AFL360. "

"Haphazard diabetes control – I was an “immune-type diabetic” for 15 years – plus laziness, stupidity and gung-ho naivety, combined with a broken work-life balance through the footy seasons at least, and ultimately topped off by a two-year world pandemic – well, my body eventually rebelled.

There’s a hereditary element – my paternal grandmother and a couple of dad’s brothers died of diabetes and on the other side there is history of extensive heart failure – but the living have control of the environment, not the dead."

hamG

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 29, 2007
Kew
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Atlanta Hawks
So there is triple bypass heart surgery then there is Robbo. 6 way, sextuple bypass heart surgery. In other beds a sextuple might be fun.

He is a lucky man. Get well Robbo. Quit the bloody smokes.

Collingwood 4 eternity

Premiership Player
Mar 16, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
So there is triple bypass heart surgery then there is Robbo. 6 way, sextuple bypass heart surgery. In other beds a sextuple might be fun.

He is a lucky man. Get well Robbo. Quit the bloody smokes.

God said He can’t enter heaven till the Saints win the drought breaker

The devil said he’s not welcome till the Blues win their next one

Gotta give up that cigs now surely

jakarta2005

Draftee
Mar 17, 2013
AFL Club
Richmond
from reading the Hun article atm:
" I have been a smoker for 35 years so, internally, it’s inevitable that my number would come up for Covid. My immunity levels are feeble. These past few years, I would pick up a chest infection opening the freezer, and cough it up almost nightly next to Gerard on AFL360. "

"Haphazard diabetes control – I was an “immune-type diabetic” for 15 years – plus laziness, stupidity and gung-ho naivety, combined with a broken work-life balance through the footy seasons at least, and ultimately topped off by a two-year world pandemic – well, my body eventually rebelled.

There’s a hereditary element – my paternal grandmother and a couple of dad’s brothers died of diabetes and on the other side there is history of extensive heart failure – but the living have control of the environment, not the dead."
Would be nice to read the article - but I'm not sure I'll pay the subscription just to read it!

footyfan1978

Hall of Famer
Aug 27, 2014
spacetime
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
there are no other teams worthy
Sadly best thing Robbo has written
Robbo used to write good stuff when he was younger but seemed to go to trash for last decade or more.
Sorry to hear and read he went through hell in recent months.
Read his story this morning and felt sorry for what he went through.
Good to see he pulled through.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

TheLoungeLizard

The world's most handsome man
Oct 21, 2010
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Newcastle United, New York Yankees
In all seriousness, Robbo was the best media person for this to happen too for the Greater community

While we laugh at his lifestyle, he lived and embodies a large percentage footy fans

Him going and doing the media rounds talking about it could prompt a few blokes to take a look in the mirror and save a few lives

Full credit to him for putting it all out so publicly, I don't know if I would wanna do that

Dogs Rule

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 27, 2005
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Footscray
Smoker for 35 years, that's a helluva lot of damage already done.

Anyway, as the grandson of someone who smoked for 50 years I know the massive damage smokes do, so he's lucky he's got a second chance. Listen to the docs and don't waste it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad