Certified Legendary Thread The Cult of Robbo Volume 3

Randall Stevens

Senior List
Jul 7, 2017
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Robbi getting upset at The Hawks and Tigers.
Spare us mate.

The temerity of clubs preparing for finals as they see fit!
It is far more important that Richmond make their players available to spout clichés to Herald Sun reporters this week than to prepare for a Preliminary Final in the manner the club believes gives them the best chance of winning.

Zephiisdaman

Cancelled
Nov 22, 2010
Whitten Oval
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Even if TGO were to pass out during the half time break while covering a game, after his 12th beer, and 3 pies, a hot dog and a bag of jam donuts, we need not worry. His musings on said contest would remain constant. Unaffected. Unwavering. One wonders whether Gerry would even notice the difference, while basking in TGO's reflective glow.
Going on a tangent here. But from your post here i assume TGO is on a cleansing diet, where is the bag of steamed dim sims and 6 durries?
Never thought I would see the day when TGO succumbed to the whims of fashion and popular opinion. I always considered him an outlier to healthy living.

Mar 9, 2007
Way over yonder across the hill
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Burnie United FC, Cheddar AFC
Going on a tangent here. But from your post here i assume TGO is on a cleansing diet, where is the bag of steamed dim sims and 6 durries?
My mistake. I naturally assumed he had the dimmies while waiting for a taxi to the game. I only didn't mention the smokes because I just thought he'd plough through half a pack during the game.

Praise.

Brothers,

TGO appeared on "The Beep Test" on Saturday night (not something I'd normally watch) and it was an appearance littered with highlights including:

Lehmo (on TGO sitting next to Lawrence Mooney): "...you know what this reminds me of Gerard, you know the Muppets Stadler and Waldorf, the 2 old blokes throwing hand grenades"
TGO (for it was He): "F### off Lehmo"

Lehmo: "What do you listen to Robbo when you lose your Kevin Bloody Wilson tape, what do you put in?"
TGO: "No I don't listen to Kevin Bloody Wilson tape, I have different times of the morning and late night music. 2am is different to 10pm".
Mooney: "What's happening at 2am?"
TGO: "Ask Gerard. You know that infection I had?"

On a discussion around journos copping it from players/coaches:
TGO: "I don't want to name names that's unfair but Dennis Pagan gave it to me one day something fierce. And I really like Dennis but oh did he give it to me. Parkin gave it to me fierce one day".
Nerdling: "And you took a legendary phone call from Andrew Demetriou one day".
TGO: "You're not bad are ya, putting me under the bus. It was written up in the Australian so we can talk about it."
a bit more discussion then this -
TGO: "I've been watching a Few Good Men on Fox right now, on classic movies and if I'm flickin' over and I look at the time I always listen to the last bit where Jack Nicholson's goin' off his head. Andrew Demetriou was going off his head at me, Just going just absolutely going off his dial. And he goes "Do I make myself clear?" And I said "crystal"". This was followed by an impersonation of Nicholson saying "crystal".

Host: "You've gotta get 8 (to win)"
TGO: "F###. We were 7-2 up anyway. I'm not competitive but it's not a f###ing draw"
Mooney: "Nobody has ever kept score before, I love it"
TGO: "I'm competitive".

I may have forgotten some stuff, I transcribed it the best I could.

Praise.

The temerity of clubs preparing for finals as they see fit!
It is far more important that Richmond make their players available to spout clichés to Herald Sun reporters this week than to prepare for a Preliminary Final in the manner the club believes gives them the best chance of winning.
And TGO did smite them from the comp. That'll learn em.

Le Grille

Cancelled
Veteran 10k Posts Werewolf Player SFA Good Friday Appeal North Melbourne - 2018 Luke Davies-Uniacke and Paul Ahern Player Sponsor BeanCoiNFT Investor North Melbourne - 2017 Junker and Wagner Player Sponsor Podcaster Zombie Lover A Star Wars Fan
Feb 14, 2005
AFL Club
North Melbourne
TGO imparting life’s lessons and wisdom to Josh Jenkins:

“It’s a crap world out there. Stay in the football bubble.”

By football bubble does he mean the goal square

Back