Certified Legendary Thread The Cult of Robbo Volume 3

Remove this Banner Ad

"What it does,,,and let's not get too emotional here,,,but what it does, Gerard, it drags up allkindsaquestions, and I'm sure you woulda fielded alotta them today, on your radio program,,,(deep breath),,,just a couple,,,thbeyut,,,right or wrong, these are the questions,,,(deep breath) WHAT IS McKenna going home to Ireland for, as a professional footballer to go to his brother's wedding? WHY ARE PLAYERS WHITING THEIR HAIR? (pause, introspection) WOI, (deep breath, almost can't go on), (deep breath, thinking, wrestling) WHERE,,,is the culture at this football club that after 15 years this football-club-is-still-an-inconsistent-football-club? WHEN can they EVER string something of purpose, together? Aaaand, they've done a terrific job the club, they've got seventy-five thousand members, they've really picked themselves up, after the, uh, drug saga,,,but the fans are REALLY frustrated, with the ind-consistency,,,WHAT-,,,eh-eh-,ev-one keeps saying ohh we don't stand for that - then what DO they STAND for? HOW 'BOUT we don't stand for GAMES like that? That-we-don-we-don't even THINK about that, let's not STAND for those games. SO! What it does. We got players playing injured,,,ya got uhh, ya goin' over to Fremantle-who-played-a-pretty-good-performance yesday wan'it? (Gerarld murmurs affirmation) We'll-get-onto-the-Dockers-and-Saints-later-in-the-week,,,but, the whole fooball world is looking at, response, and I, god help, god help people at Essedon, if there's no response, Gerard. When I've been no response, I mean, 50, 60, 70 points. Now, the Dockers aren't a big goal kicking team, so if it gets to 60 points, Gerard, my god, we're gonna have some, I think we're gonna have some action at the end of the year. And I'm not tryin' to be in first, or last, to say that, but these are facts of football. Ya CAN'T de-LIVER. THAT. KIND-OF, (deep breath) SPIRITLESS. AND-AND,,,UNCARING,,,UNCARING,,,paformance, and expect to say, AHH, it's okay, we gotcha back, wool-wool-wool, ya know, soldier on. 'Snot like that mate, s'professional football."

A slurmon for the ages. Condemnation in a cuddle. If Essedon can get within 10 goals of the Dockers this week they've responded. Woosha will be chastened, and relieved.
You capture the slurring ramblings nicely.
Praise.
It must be said that he did lose with me the 15 years bit, in terms of the bombers seemingly long standing issues.
2004? What happened then.
I did scratch my head.
Trains of thought, free associating, the ramblings of a drunk, regardless, the great one is so far ahead of me, I can only wish.
Sigh.

Understandably overlooked in the fire and capricciosa-tinged brimstone brothers was TGO's opening salvo this eve.

Gerard: Hello Robbo.

TGO: Hello Gerard *sly pause* You're crook, aren't ya?

Gerard: Hehe a little bit ...

TGO: I've told'ya for a coupla years now FIX. UP. YA LIFE.

Gerard: Heh.

TGO: Late noights, bad eating, drinkin' too much ...

Gerard: Give up the gaspers ...

Crew: Hehehehe

TGO: Get ya loife together mate, I'm sick'a carryin' ya.

---

No room for passengers in TGO's best side, brothers.

Bless.

Understandably overlooked in the fire and capricciosa-tinged brimstone brothers was TGO's opening salvo this eve.

Gerard: Hello Robbo.

TGO: Hello Gerard *sly pause* You're crook, aren't ya?

Gerard: Hehe a little bit ...

TGO: I've told'ya for a coupla years now FIX. UP. YA LIFE.

Gerard: Heh.

TGO: Late noights, bad eating, drinkin' too much ...

Gerard: Give up the gaspers ...

Crew: Hehehehe

TGO: Get ya loife together mate, I'm sick'a carryin' ya.

---

No room for passengers in TGO's best side, brothers.

Bless.
I liked when TGO offered to do most of the talking to save the Nerdling's voice.

Nerdling: That'd be helpful.
TGO: Na, I'll let you do it.

He really does generate a massive head of steam when his beloved Essendon are in trouble. The nerd will have to take some sickies if their poor form continues.

"What it does,,,and let's not get too emotional here,,,but what it does, Gerard, it drags up allkindsaquestions, and I'm sure you woulda fielded alotta them today, on your radio program,,,(deep breath),,,just a couple,,,thbeyut,,,right or wrong, these are the questions,,,(deep breath) WHAT IS McKenna going home to Ireland for, as a professional footballer to go to his brother's wedding? WHY ARE PLAYERS WHITING THEIR HAIR? (pause, introspection) WOI, (deep breath, almost can't go on), (deep breath, thinking, wrestling) WHERE,,,is the culture at this football club that after 15 years this football-club-is-still-an-inconsistent-football-club? WHEN can they EVER string something of purpose, together? Aaaand, they've done a terrific job the club, they've got seventy-five thousand members, they've really picked themselves up, after the, uh, drug saga,,,but the fans are REALLY frustrated, with the ind-consistency,,,WHAT-,,,eh-eh-,ev-one keeps saying ohh we don't stand for that - then what DO they STAND for? HOW 'BOUT we don't stand for GAMES like that? That-we-don-we-don't even THINK about that, let's not STAND for those games. SO! What it does. We got players playing injured,,,ya got uhh, ya goin' over to Fremantle-who-played-a-pretty-good-performance yesday wan'it? (Gerarld murmurs affirmation) We'll-get-onto-the-Dockers-and-Saints-later-in-the-week,,,but, the whole fooball world is looking at, response, and I, god help, god help people at Essedon, if there's no response, Gerard. When I've been no response, I mean, 50, 60, 70 points. Now, the Dockers aren't a big goal kicking team, so if it gets to 60 points, Gerard, my god, we're gonna have some, I think we're gonna have some action at the end of the year. And I'm not tryin' to be in first, or last, to say that, but these are facts of football. Ya CAN'T de-LIVER. THAT. KIND-OF, (deep breath) SPIRITLESS. AND-AND,,,UNCARING,,,UNCARING,,,paformance, and expect to say, AHH, it's okay, we gotcha back, wool-wool-wool, ya know, soldier on. 'Snot like that mate, s'professional football."

A slurmon for the ages. Condemnation in a cuddle. If Essedon can get within 10 goals of the Dockers this week they've responded. Woosha will be chastened, and relieved.

The last time he delivered a rant this epic, it was about Richmond in 2016. They won the flag the next year. He knows what he's doing.

The last time he delivered a rant this epic, it was about Richmond in 2016. They won the flag the next year. He knows what he's doing.
I have already put my life savings on Essedon for the 2020 flag.

..does TGO'S latest proclamation mean that bald white men need to dye their scalps? Speak to me, O great one.

..does TGO'S latest proclamation mean that bald white men need to dye their scalps? Speak to me, O great one.

Probably more like old blokes who have gone past grey and into white hair. I’d have to check with TGO but bald is exempt as it is not hair

Probably more like old blokes who have gone past grey and into white hair. I’d have to check with TGO but bald is exempt as it is not hair
Running it past Him would be prudent because TGO may refer to it as "bald hair".

Bless.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

TGO will speak when ready brother! TGO will proclaim "every bald man should have bunny rabbits tattooed on their head, why Gerard? why Gerard? because from a distance they will look like hares"

He the man who was brave enough to ask the question nobody else would.

View attachment 725699
GTO gets to the heart of the problem when nobody else can.

Wrong game plan?
Playing injured players?
Coach lost the players?
Players grossly overrated?

None of the above.

"Why are players whiting their hair?"

Praise.

The thing that got me though was when he said it he genuinely looked and sounded like he was grappling with one of the worlds age old philosophical questions - like is there a god or why are we here.

The thing that got me though was when he said it he genuinely looked and sounded like he was grappling with one of the worlds age old philosophical questions - like is there a god or why are we here.
The question all Essedon fans at Marvel were asking themselves. He is at one, with them.

Makes more sense this way

Magnificent. It's like that scene with Neo and the Architect, only instead of being incomprehensible nonsense from an insufferable bore, it's a modern day 'Howl' from a true prophet and poet.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back