Certified Legendary Thread The Cult of Robbo Volume 3

Collingwood 4 eternity

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 16, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
So there is triple bypass heart surgery then there is Robbo. 6 way, sextuple bypass heart surgery. In other beds a sextuple might be fun.

He is a lucky man. Get well Robbo. Quit the bloody smokes.

God said He can’t enter heaven till the Saints win the drought breaker

The devil said he’s not welcome till the Blues win their next one

Gotta give up that cigs now surely

jakarta2005

Draftee
Mar 17, 2013
AFL Club
Richmond
from reading the Hun article atm:
" I have been a smoker for 35 years so, internally, it’s inevitable that my number would come up for Covid. My immunity levels are feeble. These past few years, I would pick up a chest infection opening the freezer, and cough it up almost nightly next to Gerard on AFL360. "

"Haphazard diabetes control – I was an “immune-type diabetic” for 15 years – plus laziness, stupidity and gung-ho naivety, combined with a broken work-life balance through the footy seasons at least, and ultimately topped off by a two-year world pandemic – well, my body eventually rebelled.

There’s a hereditary element – my paternal grandmother and a couple of dad’s brothers died of diabetes and on the other side there is history of extensive heart failure – but the living have control of the environment, not the dead."

Would be nice to read the article - but I'm not sure I'll pay the subscription just to read it!

Aug 27, 2014
spacetime
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
there are no other teams worthy
Sadly best thing Robbo has written
Robbo used to write good stuff when he was younger but seemed to go to trash for last decade or more.
Sorry to hear and read he went through hell in recent months.
Read his story this morning and felt sorry for what he went through.
Good to see he pulled through.

In all seriousness, Robbo was the best media person for this to happen too for the Greater community

While we laugh at his lifestyle, he lived and embodies a large percentage footy fans

Him going and doing the media rounds talking about it could prompt a few blokes to take a look in the mirror and save a few lives

Full credit to him for putting it all out so publicly, I don't know if I would wanna do that

Sep 27, 2005
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Footscray
Smoker for 35 years, that's a helluva lot of damage already done.

Anyway, as the grandson of someone who smoked for 50 years I know the massive damage smokes do, so he's lucky he's got a second chance. Listen to the docs and don't waste it.

Bedeck the 360 Pulpit with celebratory rose petals.

TGO has spent the summer preparing for his return. These are some activities I am aware of but I am sure others will have observed.

* Rehabbing has rightfully been top of the Agenda - a switch from fried to steamed dimmies is believed to be one key factor and will be central to his new Get fit book

* A sort of slimmed down TGO was drafted into the Poms cricket team. Yes he got tired after an over or two of military medium. Yes he still had a gut. Yes he had a dead squirrel on his head.

* Beyond the bowling bizzo he has engaged in a lot of arm waving. Always a TGO strength, this is now core exercise. Fox have already recorded AirRoboics training sessions for the benefit of those of us slow acolytes who eat fried dimmies and keep our hands still.

* As usual at this time of year TGO has engaged in serious dialogue with the Collins Oxford Dictionary crew. The subject is words. It is a matter of great sadness for TGO that Mr Murdoch has not yet acquired these dictionary people.

Any idea on when 360 returns?
Robbo was asked last night on radio. He said he went to a meeting earlier this week where the return date was mentioned but he couldn't remember.

Mar 21, 2006
On Deadly Ground
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Seagal, Hull, Hibs
You don’t have to be Jack Reacher to suspect there’s more to this Simon Goodwin puzzle than a punt and a few beers with his players at the Sorrento Hotel.

Please, this is not about the punt and the beers, it’s much more clandestine than that, and if Jack Reacher were here, he’d probably already have the answers.

Jack Reacher’s head would be spinning.

Jack Reacher would certainly tell us that.

I guess we can be thankful TGO has been watching Jack Reacher and not Pam & Tommy, lest he try and weave that into the Goodwin story.

sosos

Premiership Player
Apr 5, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
You don’t have to be Jack Reacher to suspect there’s more to this Simon Goodwin puzzle than a punt and a few beers with his players at the Sorrento Hotel.

Please, this is not about the punt and the beers, it’s much more clandestine than that, and if Jack Reacher were here, he’d probably already have the answers.

Jack Reacher’s head would be spinning.

Jack Reacher would certainly tell us that.

I guess we can be thankful TGO has been watching Jack Reacher and not Pam & Tommy, lest he try and weave that into the Goodwin story.
Someone give him Pam and Tommy. Stat.

Someone give him Pam and Tommy. Stat.
"Much like the Pamela Anderson sex tape this leak came from someone very close to the source. You don't need a giant talking penis to tell you that."

Nov 10, 2013
The Valley near the Alley
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Hell no
Robbo was asked last night on radio. He said he went to a meeting earlier this week where the return date was mentioned but he couldn't remember.
That’s our Robbo ! He doesn’t need to remember non important stuff like dates. Praise

Keeping us on our toes...
Screenshot_20220225-154113.png

TGO was very calm and serene throughout his return sermon, but we were blessed with the Hird revelation just to let us, his reverent congregation, know that he still speaks from places that requires us, in our mere mortaldom, to discard from our minds such ballast as 'common sense' and 'clear thinking' to truly divine the deeper meaning. Praise!

Sep 30, 2008
Western Victoria
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Chelsea
TGO was very calm and serene throughout his return sermon, but we were blessed with the Hird revelation just to let us, his reverent congregation, know that he still speaks from places that requires us, in our mere mortaldom, to discard from our minds such ballast as 'common sense' and 'clear thinking' to truly divine the deeper meaning. Praise!
Having walked through the Valley of the Shadow of Death it is only fair that TGO has become even more wise (is this possible) for his experience. I call this phase “discernment“ I find him a bit like Caine from Kung Fu now as opposed to the manic version of TGO that he was. It is if he and Nerdling have switched roles…

aussiefooty

Carn the mighty roos!
I reneged on a bet or agreement :( Chess Club Member
Jun 7, 2013
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Socceroos Geelong
He's talking about warnie

Back