Society & Culture The curious case of Ashleigh Petrie

Remove this Banner Ad

I can understand the courts decision. It's not their role to play Robin Hood and it shouldn't matter if he's well off. Bit of a low act by him but not an illegal one.
So he couldnt just not be a utter greedy campaigner and let the mum have it?
Nothing to do with what the court did or didnt decide.
All to do with him being a greasy greedy old pervy campaigner!

I can understand the courts decision. It's not their role to play Robin Hood and it shouldn't matter if he's well off. Bit of a low act by him but not an illegal one.

Unfortunately you're spot on, the role of the court is to uphold the law, which they've done. He had legitimate claim to the super, even if it's morally bankrupt to actually pursue said claim.

Lots of people signing the petition. Hope the decision is overturned.

Let's hope so.

From the article on the previous page...

"Within months of the young woman’s death, Mr Higgins returned to his partner of 18 years, Lurline Le Neuf, whom he’d left earlier that year to be with Ms Petrie. They share a riverfront home in Shepparton."

Bloke sounds like a massive campaigner, morally arsehole, read somewhere the chief magistrate might step in and prevent him from being a reserve magistrate which would cost him lots of $$$ apparently

Bloke sounds like a massive campaigner, morally arsehole, read somewhere the chief magistrate might step in and prevent him from being a reserve magistrate which would cost him lots of $$$ apparently

About $1,350 per shift the story said from memory.

There's reporting now that he probably won't be welcomed back as a casual when he retires from full time work. Reported that once he retired, he would have had to work for 2 days per week for a year to make that $180k that he's getting from her super.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Let's hope so.

From the article on the previous page...

"Within months of the young woman’s death, Mr Higgins returned to his partner of 18 years, Lurline Le Neuf, whom he’d left earlier that year to be with Ms Petrie. They share a riverfront home in Shepparton."

How did he have a claim as a dependant if they had only been together a couple of months?

De facto with no children is 12 months living together ?

I'd never seen this thread before. What a bizarre one. And what an absolute grub that judge is. $180,000 doesn't seem like much recompense for having the whole world hate you.

Last edited:
I haven't seen it, but reported he was on A Current Affair last night defending his actions by saying, 'authorities said I 100% deserve it.'

So a grub and a coward. Won't even own his decision, hides behind the faceless, 'authorities.

I haven't seen it, but reported he was on A Current Affair last night defending his actions by saying, 'authorities said I 100% deserve it.'

So a grub and a coward. Won't even own his decision, hides behind the faceless, 'authorities.
lol. Nothing but a fat ugly pedo campaigner.

says it right there. What a campaigner

Remove this Banner Ad

Back