Toast The Curious Case of Jack Darling

Remove this Banner Ad

Old slow cole was a slow old soul and a slow old soul was he

He called for the fyfe and fyfe called for his mum and kicked a behind or three

Umps ump umps umps said the purples
And merry old men - not we

Cos theres none so fine with a football mind as an incel football team

spat out my beer :tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:

At the end of 2009, Darling was considered one of the brightest young talents in the country. He was certainly one of the better performed. He'd graduated from the AIS-AFL Academy, he'd starred for Western Australia at the under-16 and under-18 championships, Champion Data's top-ranked player at the under-18 carnival despite being one of the youngest players there. He was taking marks, he was kicking goals, he was barging past players older than him and he looked a potential midfielder, too.

The questions frustrate Darling, who knows clubs worry about his height as a forward and was at pains during the recent draft combine to tell them it wasn't the only position he could play. If it were up to him, he'd be seen as a midfielder, a position his speed and endurance testing suggest he could play. ''You can go and get your own footy in there,'' he told The Age. ''You're not relying on other people to get you the footy, and I kind of rate my running ability. I think my game might suit playing there.''

Darling to the midfield?

A full preseason and season start without Kennedy has been key. He's now confident enough to run to the key spots and go without second guessing JK. The team are also confident incoming for and we aren't so JK centric in our i50 entries.

Massive confidence player. Can just see he is going up for grabs way more confident this season and takes responsibility with his set shots a lot more.

He also seems to have cut out the dramatic playing for frees and flinging his head back and going hard at his second efforts. Also better below his knees than he ever has. Long may it continue.

Oh and I always had faith

Last edited:
Darling apparently has no sense of smell...

Speaking at his former school, Sacred Heart College, he reminisced about his journey before entering the AFL, which might never have happened after he was randomly king-hit outside a Subiaco hotel eight years ago.

Darling suffered brain bruising and a fractured skull, and spent three days in hospital recovering, while he also lost his sense of smell.

"They said it's supposed to come back, but mine's not back yet," he said.

"It can be a good thing, but can also be a bad thing. One time I left the gas on for six or seven hours, almost died.

http://www.westcoasteagles.com.au/news/2018-05-07/darling-not-satisfied-with-sizzling-start

Speaking to radio station 6PR after the Eagles’ win over Port Adelaide on Saturday, the 25-year-old revealed he hasn’t had a sense of smell since suffering a head injury several years ago.

Darling spent three days in hospital in 2010 after being king hit outside a Subiaco hotel, receiving treatment for brain bruising and a fractured skull.

The topic came up when he was asked by the commentary team about changing his son Max’s nappies. His reply was somewhat unexpected.

“I’ve actually lost my sense of smell,” he said to laughs.

“Nah, I’m dead serious, I don’t have a sense of smell, it’s a thing. I don’t have one. Since my head injury back in the day I don’t have a sense of smell so (changing nappies) is fine.”

https://thewest.com.au/sport/west-c...literally-has-no-sense-of-smell-ng-b88827411z

(Log in to remove this ad.)

170807789fefa066a3b82deca4d2079b.jpg

Huge season underway for JD.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back