Toast The Curious Case of Jack Darling

Remove this Banner Ad

#BringEllisYolmanHome
Just stole what was going to be my next post.

79c98a769f17313919cb874421f28097

Could have been the inside bull we were looking for #valesweetprince

The fact that he and Redden continue to get games is a bit of an indictment on, not so much the MC, but the depth of the list. Neither cut it at AFL level.

Darling's best bet in my view is shedding some weight and trying to regain the mobility and competitiveness that made him a promising player when he was young. I don't count on him making it though.

Redden on the other hand is utterly talentless.

This is so obvious - we have to rebuild the midfield. Simmo knows this but he sits behind years of woodhouse recruiting
Yes the midfield had their pants pulled down today.... but apparently its ok for JK and JD and Lecca to shank 70% of their set shots... and then somehow it's the midfield that is responsible for 8 goals 16?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I
Remember how well he played in early career finals and big games?

I now expect very little of him. Played okay today but finished like a headless chook. Yet another player regressing.
Im not sure that Simmo has the ability to get the best out of the players. He may have the best of intentions, but not convinced he's getting through to the boys?

Jack may have been very inaccurate but if he plays like that more often, he will eventually play himself into form. Thought his defensive pressure, work rate and aggression were all up. All these attributes were all up this time last year when he was up and about.

I agree with one of the sentiments earlier, he's just not cut out as our secondary main tall. I know he's slightly undersized at 190cm but he's not even slightly competitive in a body contest. His marks and goals come from when he's using his pace.
Maybe if he were the third tall he'd be a better suited player?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Problem with the third tall story is that with our ruck set up, jack will never be able to play it. At the moment if have two ruckmen that do close to an even split in the ruck and barely play forward. When NN comes back, he spend time in the middle or bench and so does his relief. Jack just needs to be more competitive. First half of last season jack played well as a second tall. That was due to his intent and confidence. Those have return and be consistent.

I actually wouldn't mind trading darling if he cannot deliver. At the right team, jack will be a star. Suns and even gws he will thrive.

Harsh truth though, is he even worth that much? What would he command and, if that price is a draft pick, what would that get us?

McInnes and Vardy are both ruck/forwards or we've got Petrie this season. That's not a hell of a lot of internal depth

Harsh truth though, is he even worth that much? What would he command and, if that price is a draft pick, what would that get us?

McInnes and Vardy are both ruck/forwards or we've got Petrie this season. That's not a hell of a lot of internal depth
45-50 goal third tall types are hard to come by and he could net us late first or late second rounder.

Our depth is an issue and also how it might affect Kennedy. With lecca probably in his last year, losing those two could harm jk as we wouldn't be as good creating space for him and also teams pay close attention to him.

There's a time for Darling questions but I don't understand how there can be calls to trade him after that game?

Sure he had a bad kicking day but he worked hard enough to have 7 shots on goal in a smashing.

Darling was the least of our worries that game.
I'm not calling to trade him based off that but my call is if he cannot recapture his best form.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back