Certified Legendary Thread The Cut

Remove this Banner Ad

Trengove: "Time for one last play, Coach!"

Neeld: "OK Trenners, after you vibrate that way, Aaron and Jack fall down, Mitch, you just spin around in a circle..."

Neeld: Ok boys, new game plan. We all stink at football, so we're going to quit the league and buy a KFC franchise. I want a team effort. Wattsy and Trenners, you're on the registers. Don't forget to supersize and get em buying the 1 percenters. Spud, you're on the drive-in window. The rest of you can divide between the kitchen and the tables. I want a good clean effort and solid discipline. Mick Malthouse will be coming in once a week for a chat and a Zinger burger. Make sure it's a fresh one. Alright, let's do this! #It's a grand old spice, there's 11 and they're nice, it's the chicken and burgers for you...#

I've been avoiding this thread. I have no idea why! GOLD Jerry, GOLD!!!

Aaron Davey: All this time I thought they were cheering for me, but they were actually cheering at me.

Brad Green: Okay, try it again, but this time keep your eye off the ball.
Magner: You mean keep my eye on the ball?
Brad Green: Hey, mate! Which one of us is a former AA?
Jones: Psst! Brad, your jumper's on backwards.

[Neeld is addressing the team on his plan against Carlton]
Neeld: If we hit that bullseye, the rest of the dominoes should fall like a house of cards. Checkmate.
[Frawley groans]
Neeld: Now, like all great plans, my strategy is so simple an idiot could have devised it. On my command all players will line up and let Carlton score goal after goal. You see, Carlton have a preset goal limit. Knowing their weakness, I'll let them keep scoring countless goals, until they reach their limit and shut down.
[Jones raises his hand]
Jones: W-Wouldn't it make sense to actually kick goals - ?
[Moloney starts to choke him à la Homer Simpson to Bart]
Moloney: Sir, I volunteer for a suicide mission.
Neeld: You're a brave player, son. But when I'm in command every mission's a suicide mission.

<3 Futurama! I Got to meet Zapp Brannigan a couple of years back.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Neeld: I want you to shut off the logical part of your mind.
Morton: OK.
Neeld: Embrace nothingness.
Morton: You got it.
Neeld: Become like an uncarved stone.
Morton: Done.
Neeld: Cale, you're just pretending to know what I'm talking about!
Morton: True.
Neeld: Well, it's very frustrating!
Morton: I'll bet.

Bailey: Boys, don't ask why, but you have to lose the big game this week against the Tigers.
McDonald: You want us to lose the last game of the year? But I was always taught that winning was everything?
Bailey: Oh, it is, it is. But we've been pushing you poor lads too hard.
McDonald: Maybe, but if we win we'll still get pick 3 and some confidence for the preseason.
Bailey: Well, pick 3 would still be handy. Alright, I'll give it a shot.

*Gameday*
Bailey: Warnock is killing it at fullback, whaddya say we put him at full forward?
*Warnock goes to FF, Dee's lose after the siren*

Ando727;24294809 #It's a grand old spice said:
^LOLed hard at this, even sang it out a couple of times!
Great thread guys, some quality contributions here.. :D:thumbsu: Nothing beats good ol Simpson's quotes!

Good to see some of you guys are staying positive amongst this horrible period, I honestly dont know how I'd cope.. stay strong guys! :thumbsu:
1 of my best mates is a Dees supporter and he's gone from depressed to giving up and barracking for Perth Demons (has always been a fan though) and his DT now.. :eek:

Board: Dean, you've been coach for almost 4 years now, what initiatives have you spearheaded in that time?
Bailey: Uhhh... All of them?
Board: I see... Then you must have some good ideas for the future as well?
Bailey: I sure do!
Board: Such as?
Bailey: Well, uhh... I wish the candy machine wasn't so picky about taking beat up dollar bills. Because... a lot of players really like candy.
Board: We understand Dean; after all we are from the land of chocolate.
Bailey: The land of chocolate... (Drifts off into fantasy)
La, la, la la la, la...
Board: Mr Bailey. Mr Bailey.
Bailey: Huh. Oh, I'm sorry. We were talking about chocolate?
Board: That was 10 minutes ago!

*Later, with Prendergast, et al*
Bailey: Yeap, I think I did pretty well in there.
Loudspeaker: Workers, we have completed our evaluation of the club. We regret to announce the following lay-offs, which will be read in alphabetical order; Bailey, Dean. That is all.

I've heard Sylvia was in an ad on TV a while back, for some sort of deodorant...

Neeld's first address to the playing group:

Hello, players, look at your winning record, now back to me, now back at your record, now back to me. Sadly, it will stay crap without me, but if you stopped playing like kamikaze artists and switched to a defensive gameplan, you could win like me. Look down, back up, where are you? You’re on a stage with the premiership side you could play like. What’s in your hand, back at me. I have it, it’s a case with a medal saying you won a flag. Look again, the medal is now $100 bills. Anything is possible when youplay a defensive gameplan and not Baileyball. I’m on a horse.

Brilliant but they still lost, and their next 15 matches followed by his dismissal.

**** it's funny though :)

Mark Neeld - like Mike Bassett after a dozen Red Bulls :D

Remove this Banner Ad

Back