Analysis The D Word

Nov 13, 2015
In Transit
AFL Club
Carlton
Timely bump Thy

Given the injuries to some key best 22 players, seems we are starting to have some decent depth when the likes of Jack, Kennedy, O'Brien, Polson, Levi and Stocker ( past years he would be playing round 1)are running around in the magoos

As players like Doc, MK, Marchbank, Willo start to filter back in and still developing Macreadie, TDK, etc, this group will really start to achieve some great things

May 10, 2007
Under the table
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Pittsburgh Penguins
Rushing Fasolo in off no preseason along with five other new guys does not necessarily scream "depth". Might still be some gifting of games available at CFC.

Going in the right direction, though. Midfield looking deep, albeit young and not ready yet. Small/mid options at either end is where we do not have depth.

Aug 30, 2017
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Rushing Fasolo in off no preseason along with five other new guys does not necessarily scream "depth". Might still be some gifting of games available at CFC.

Going in the right direction, though. Midfield looking deep, albeit young and not ready yet. Small/mid options at either end is where we do not have depth.
All the comments regarding Fas are about how well his recovery went, just after surgery he was back doing hard running work, and that Russell thinks he's possibly the fittest he's ever been. That last VFL practice match I'm pretty sure he played big minutes including some time on ball.

Seems like he actually had a pretty big preseason except that due to his wrist/arm there was a few weeks in the middle where all he could do was fitness work. It's not like McGovern, for example, who had down time and wasn't able to keep running/working due to his back.

Mr_Plow

That name again...
May 18, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Red Wings

Fasolo did literally all the pre-season running. He won't be lacking endurance.

May 10, 2007
Under the table
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Pittsburgh Penguins
OK, good, Fasolo is fit. But to the depth point, if someone was in the team playing the role, he'd have to take it away. Whereas I think to be honest, we're still looking for our first decent small/mid forward, let alone the 2-3 we'd ideally have. (Credit to Cuningham who I think has clearly shown he wants that gig and has earned it over the praccy games).

We need to add mongrel factor ratings to depth - otherwise I'll have to start a post game mongrel ratig thread with voting...

:think:

hmm nto a bad idea I reckon..

Mongrel rating 5/4/3/2/1/ and Best new mongrel...:moustache:

Giving Setters a 4 before the ball is even bounced. Just think he has that hard edge.
Weiters for best new mongrel.

Premature speculation! Love it!!! Hope you are right because we are a tad short of mongrel atm...

My smoky for a mention is Garlett I've noticed his 1% ers often have some sting to them - like Kennedy's - if a player is there for a block may as well make it felt don't ya reckon? Over a game it all adds up - I wish Ed had some more mongrel - never seen him hip and shoulder anyone with venom...same with Phillips- get yer hands dirty mate you are a ruckman FFS! Dow has a bit in him but needs to put on some weight..looking forward to the Stocker adding some venom...

My tip for top5 is The McGovernator will let the pussies know he is on the ground ..:devil:

Blue and Blue

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 29, 2018
On the glory road
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Everton
Premature speculation! Love it!!! Hope you are right because we are a tad short of mongrel atm...

My smoky for a mention is Garlett I've noticed his 1% ers often have some sting to them - like Kennedy's - if a player is there for a block may as well make it felt don't ya reckon? Over a game it all adds up - I wish Ed had some more mongrel - never seen him hip and shoulder anyone with venom...same with Phillips- get yer hands dirty mate you are a ruckman FFS! Dow has a bit in him but needs to put on some weight..looking forward to the Stocker adding some venom...

My tip for top5 is The McGovernator will let the pussies know he is on the ground ..:devil:
My idea about how to play footy is simple. You can't stop the opposition getting a kick at times but by hell you got to make them earn it, then think again next time because it hurts. There's different ways of doing that.

And yeah Garlett crossed my mind also. Just something.

We need to add mongrel factor ratings to depth - otherwise I'll have to start a post game mongrel ratig thread with voting...

:think:

hmm nto a bad idea I reckon..

Mongrel rating 5/4/3/2/1/ and Best new mongrel...:moustache:

giphy.gif

seriously of the 3 big forwards he is the one that would have me looking over my shoulder most - pack-crasher extraordinaire........hurt them big mac......

Back