Current Murder of Daniel Morcombe

Am reading "Where is Daniel"- the parent's story basically.

This part got to me, on the day of the twin's birthday they lit 3 candles- one for each boy of the family. "After the media left, everyone sat down around the table. Brad lit the candles, there was no wind.... Sam Knight already had a bad feeling. Her stomach churned. Almost as soon as they were lit, one of the candles flickered and went out. Bruce stared at it, choked with too much emotion to speak. The other two candles kept burning brightly."

:(

Elde Fruit

Debutant
Oct 23, 2016
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Am reading "Where is Daniel"- the parent's story basically.

This part got to me, on the day of the twin's birthday they lit 3 candles- one for each boy of the family. "After the media left, everyone sat down around the table. Brad lit the candles, there was no wind.... Sam Knight already had a bad feeling. Her stomach churned. Almost as soon as they were lit, one of the candles flickered and went out. Bruce stared at it, choked with too much emotion to speak. The other two candles kept burning brightly."

:(

.....and you really believe that happened?

MaddAdam

Cancelled
10k Posts Bay 13: Vintage Bay Podcaster North Melbourne - North 2012 Player Sponsor North Melbourne - North 2011 Player Sponsor North Melbourne - North 2010 Player Sponsor North Melbourne - North 2009 Player Sponsor
Jun 8, 2011
In the not so distant future
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Is there a book from the parents POV? Would be interested in reading that one as well after this..

Really? What in God's name about what they've been through do you want to know about?

(FWIW they've done TV, lots, especially when he was still missing)

maskmcgee

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 25, 2017
The Windy Apple
AFL Club
Essendon
Anyone have a MP3/CD of the song 'Daniel' by Tania Netherway (Band)? I looked it up, it appears to have gone missing from the face of the earth. It dosen't appear to be online anywhere.

Dan Baker

Club Legend
Jan 12, 2017
Conspiracy Not
AFL Club
West Coast
Im very upset David Birnie was allowed to commit suicide.
AFAIK David Birnie was in maximum for his own protection.
Hopefully this guy isnt allowed either.

Prisoner who stabbed Daniel Morcombe’s killer in the neck and face behind bars HASN’T been charged over the attack

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...harged-stabbing-incident-Queensland-jail.html

Those that kill innocent people including little kids aren’t real popular inside.

Who killed Gerard Ross?
The attacks reported are only the ones outsiders hear about :) be sure that there are many more 'gotten to him' that do not get spoken of outside the walls.
His 'high profile' is an opportunity for others to gain status in the gen pop by targeting him and he will be made an example of.

Aug 13, 2007
Vancouver
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Oilers
Just listened to the Casefile podcast on this. I didn't particularly want to but as a Dad of a couple of young boys I thought maybe I could learn something about keeping them safe. Just heartbreaking. Details like the original bus breaking down and the next one driving past him. A passenger even mentioned the driver should have picked him up. And I think I heard police records said 39 sex offenders/pedophiles were in the vicinity. It's a relatively nice area too so that's disturbing.

Argh. Just the fact he grabbed a kid and strangled him (perhaps worse) just for the hell of it. It will play on my mind for a bit.

Tis a bit similar to Jill Meagher- other way round tho i guess. Was offered a lift but was adamant she was walking. Just what if what if..m what if :(
I'm not sure I agree with your comparison, but each to their own.

Had the bus stopped for Daniel.
Had Meagher gotten into that car.

Im not comparing the actual crimes

Sliding door moments where ordinary incidents or decisions made in a split second can have such an enormous negative impact. It reminds me of a lot of crimes, Gerard Ross for example where he left to go to the shops with his brother, they decided to split up and meet just a couple of blocks away. In that couple of blocks, Gerard was abducted and never seen alive again.

Sliding door moments where ordinary incidents or decisions made in a split second can have such an enormous negative impact. It reminds me of a lot of crimes, Gerard Ross for example where he left to go to the shops with his brother, they decided to split up and meet just a couple of blocks away. In that couple of blocks, Gerard was abducted and never seen alive again.
James Bulger

When the mother lets go of his hand :(

Had the bus stopped for Daniel.
Had Meagher gotten into that car.

Im not comparing the actual crimes
Do you think if Meagher had accepted a lift home, Bailey would have targeted someone else that night?

Do you think if Meagher had accepted a lift home, Bailey would have targeted someone else that night?

Yep.

Most likely some other woman walking home maybe 5,10,15.. who knows what ever minutes after Jill was taken.

Bayley was a ticking time bomb waiting to go off.

Mar 5, 2017
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Socceroos - Matildas
Also they are making a movie re. this case??? I agreed with Pete Ford, perhaps straight to TV mini series type format, dunno if a big screen adaption would work. Anyway, either way I would be interested to see this film, if it's made.
Out on Netflix now.

It wasn't until near the end of the movie, that I wondered whether it was based on one of the BigFooty crime thread cases, having only by chance seen the movie pop up in the Netflix listings and thinking it was probably an Aussie movie from seeing the name of one of the lead actors.

I highly recommend it.

'The Stranger is a 2022 Australian psychological crime thriller film written and directed by Thomas M. Wright, starring Joel Edgerton and Sean Harris.
Based on the non-fiction book The Sting: The Undercover Operation That Caught Daniel Morcombe's Killer by Kate Kyriacou, and inspired by the murder investigation of Daniel Morcombe, the film follows an investigation of a child abduction case, with an undercover police officer (Edgerton) in a sting operation tasked with getting close to and forming a friendship with the prime suspect (Harris).

The film premiered at the Cannes Film Festival on 18 May 2022, under the Un Certain Regard section. It had a limited theatrical release in Australia by Transmission Films on 6 October 2022 and streamed worldwide on Netflix on 19 October. The film received positive reviews from critics.'

Last edited:
Mar 5, 2017
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Socceroos - Matildas
Last edited:
Back