Current Murder of Daniel Morcombe

PastiesPeake

All Australian
Jul 14, 2009
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Yep, awesome job by WAPOL. Nailing him in the manner they did was exceptional.

Interested in hearing about his 'false confession'. Surely he is gone.

Ghostwriter

Cancelled
10k Posts RIP North Melbourne - 2014 Daw, Black, Gibson Player Sponsor North Melbourne - 2013 Daw, Black and Gibson Player Sponsorship North Melbourne - North 2012 Player Sponsor North Melbourne - North 2011 Player Sponsor North Melbourne - North 2010 Player Sponsor North Melbourne - North 2009 Player Sponsor North Melbourne - North 2008 Player Sponsor North Melbourne - North 2007 Player Sponsor
Aug 20, 2002
Petrie Motlop sponsor '03
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Watched the video as well last night, a couple of things, when he is sitting on the couch it is very hard to identify him, hence will the confession stick, half his head is missing, how he didn't know it was a cop is beyond me, but he was led along with other 'crimes' by this bloke so he would've been well and truly sucked in, also he dumped Daniel under some bushes etc and threw his clothes in the river, but when he went back a week later all that was there was a piece of skull, what happened to Daniel within the week, wild dogs don't do that?, when Cowan was describing the place he took Daniel, he said it was a humpy or disused house, he had been there before with 'another bloke', what was he doing at this place with another bloke, sex i'd imagine, the thing that struck me was the mulcher in the back of his car, and all that was left of Daniel was a piece of skull.
The video was a confession no doubt but he had help I think.

footy75

Premiership Player
Jun 4, 2008
AFL Club
Carlton
just watched the video...how dumb....even to believe that this guy could make something like this 'go away'

skilts

Brownlow Medallist
10k Posts
Feb 14, 2002
South-West Gippsland
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Lexton, Northcote Park
If a murderer leads police to where he hid the previously undiscovered body, therein is an insurmountable difficulty presented to those mounting his defence.

Ghostwriter

Cancelled
10k Posts RIP North Melbourne - 2014 Daw, Black, Gibson Player Sponsor North Melbourne - 2013 Daw, Black and Gibson Player Sponsorship North Melbourne - North 2012 Player Sponsor North Melbourne - North 2011 Player Sponsor North Melbourne - North 2010 Player Sponsor North Melbourne - North 2009 Player Sponsor North Melbourne - North 2008 Player Sponsor North Melbourne - North 2007 Player Sponsor
Aug 20, 2002
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Anyone else wonder why they never found a body, just bone fragments, this is going to become one of Australia's most hideous murders when/if all is revealed?
Over at websleuths they are pretty sure Jackway was involved, this character would be on a par with Milat, 'biological psycopath'.

billywhizz

Cancelled
Aug 16, 2009
AFL Club
Richmond
Anyone else wonder why they never found a body, just bone fragments, this is going to become one of Australia's most hideous murders when/if all is revealed?
Over at websleuths they are pretty sure Jackway was involved, this character would be on a par with Milat, 'biological psycopath'.

Really sorry for this imagery, but maybe it has something to do with the mulcher in the back of his car. Kinda like that scene in the movie Fargo.

Ghostwriter

Cancelled
Aug 20, 2002
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Really sorry for this imagery, but maybe it has something to do with the mulcher in the back of his car. Kinda like that scene in the movie Fargo.
That's where i'm going with this, any wonder Daniels mum has that fixed stare on her face, cops have told them what happened.

Farmer2Goggin

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 17, 2009
Perth
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Celtics
If a murderer leads police to where he hid the previously undiscovered body, therein is an insurmountable difficulty presented to those mounting his defence.

Let's hope so skilts
Unthinkable that he could get off on a technicality or something similar
Can't imagine what that poor boy went through , let alone the parents and their state of mind with what's being revealed - sickening

Ghostwriter

Cancelled
Aug 20, 2002
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Wonder if the cops will go after Jackway as well?

Kynge of Begrem

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 13, 2011
on bail at the time
AFL Club
Collingwood
I do struggle to understand why he was on the streets given that he
  • took a seven-year-old boy from a playgroup and molested him in a toilet block, putting his hands around the boy’s throat when the distraught child threatened to tell his mother;
  • left a second child, aged six, with horrific and life-threatening injuries after raping him in Darwin, and;
  • admitted to abusing up to 30 children while a child himself by luring them into the change rooms of a local swimming pool.

Mar 16, 2007
Showers Stand
AFL Club
Essendon
  • took a seven-year-old boy from a playgroup and molested him in a toilet block, putting his hands around the boy’s throat when the distraught child threatened to tell his mother;
  • left a second child, aged six, with horrific and life-threatening injuries after raping him in Darwin, and;
  • admitted to abusing up to 30 children while a child himself by luring them into the change rooms of a local swimming pool.
I'm not one for the death penalty, but this sort of stuff does test my patience.

On balance it is fair to say this guy has had his chances. No parole, thats it. Prison is there to protect society. He took his chances in life, he blew, now rot in hell.

I'm not one for the death penalty, but this sort of stuff does test my patience.

For these types of cases I think the death penalty should be part of the conversation.
You could also add people like Adrian Bailey & Martin Bryant to that list as well.

Because this is Australia. We are soft as **** on these types of crime, (make) believe in rehabilitation and give these scum way too many chances. That is why he was on the streets :rolleyes:

Hopefully he will get 35 years+

scotty13

Premiership Player
Feb 4, 2004
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Tracy Vilage Razorbacks
Glad he was found guilty! Wonder how long til the judge hands down the sentencing.

Unfortunately for the Morecombes this wont be be last of it, as an appeal with probably be launch (given he pleaded not guilty) which means the family has to go through it all again.

Hopefully someone on the inside ensures this douchbag is done.

For these types of cases I think the death penalty should be part of the conversation.
You could also add people like Adrian Bailey & Martin Bryant to that list as well.

Is a chance he could do it himself. Apparently is on suicide watch, and will be on suicide watch for a long time.

Back