Current Murder of Daniel Morcombe

Remove this Banner Ad

People like this guy should never get the death penalty. He deserves to suffer in pain for eternity and never see the light of day again.

Hope big Bubba have a welcoming for him in prison! Seriously a disgrace that he was even on the streets, should have been in prison for life the last time!
agree, with his priors he should have been in prison, i wish the morecombes could sue the judges for the previous light sentences this grub got, our judicial system has a lot to answer for , a thorough clean out of all judges would be a start, the police find the perpetrator , and the judges s**t in the polices face, with ridiculously light sentences , in Victoria this has been mostly the doing of that turd rob hulls, who appointed a lot of softly softly judges, ps hulls is the son in law of that grub burnside, which says it all

agree, with his priors he should have been in prison, i wish the morecombes could sue the judges for the previous light sentences this grub got, our judicial system has a lot to answer for , a thorough clean out of all judges would be a start, the police find the perpetrator , and the judges s**t in the polices face, with ridiculously light sentences , in Victoria this has been mostly the doing of that turd rob hulls, who appointed a lot of softly softly judges, ps hulls is the son in law of that grub burnside, which says it all

That is the thing that annoys me. I am all for rehabilitation don't get me wrong. However he did the same thing TWICE! Surely that rings alarm bells and therefore he should have got 25+ years the last time. Judges unfortunately I don't blame, I blame the lawmakers for ridiculously low sentence outlines. I mean 2 years for the first offence...say what...to me that is a 10 year offence....and the 2nd offence was a 20 year plus offence.

Hmm. The fascination some people have with prison rape is curious. A heinous individual is this prick, undoubtedly callous and evil and hurtful to his victims and life-ruining to their families... but I don't quite understand the yearning people have for a guy to be sodomised. Beyond me.

Also, considering how high profile this case is, his priors, the three guilty verdicts, and his likely sentence... I really cannot see him being in the general prison pool. He'll be in isolation and enjoy three square meals a day. It's how our prison system works. He's just not going to be turfed out unless a screw finds a $20,000 offer to leave a gate ajar. Sorry to disappoint the anal-rape obsessors out there.

Hmm. The fascination some people have with prison rape is curious. A heinous individual is this prick, undoubtedly callous and evil and hurtful to his victims and life-ruining to their families... but I don't quite understand the yearning people have for a guy to be sodomised. Beyond me.

So we are meant to feel sorry for the criminal...FMD! Why should more prison resources be there to keep him safe...yet what he did was 100 times worse than what will happen in prison! Deserves to rot in jail, I have no sympathy if someone does something to him in prison!

So we are meant to feel sorry for the criminal...FMD! Why should more prison resources be there to keep him safe...yet what he did was 100 times worse than what will happen in prison! Deserves to rot in jail, I have no sympathy if someone does something to him in prison!
When did I say or even imply we should feel sorry for him? I called him a prick. That's being lenient on the guy. He's an appalling reoffender who's already extreme fortune that saw him free for so long was unwarranted. His acts were as close to evil as people can get and I have nothing but hatred and disillusionment around him. I have no sorrow for someone so callous. And remorseless.

But what I am saying is that these primal "hang the bastard!" and "jee I hope he bloody gets rooted in there! Sicko!" calls are just a little barbaric. I mean why? How is that going to remove the pain this kid's family feel? How's it going to give the kid the 70 years of love and tribulation and work and anger and joy and beers he was entitled to? It's not a good look and I tend to find the people picketing out the front for a death penalty are basically the lowest common denominator.

So sure he deserves to rot in jail but it's a little weird to hope he's sodomised. A little homoerotic too...

I've seen where they keep peds in maximum security prisons, its not pleasant, its also not downright awful, its just basic, functional accommodation, usually a bit on the dingy side.

The sadists out there can feel assured that a lengthy term in prison would absolutely suck, and I don't think its so much that its downright uncomfortable or because its extremely dangerous, but just because of the massive reduction in opportunities for new experiences it represents. Life would stretch out in front of you as a never ending series of boring gray days with the same shitty food, the same shitty room, no real prospect of improving your life and the same unpleasant people around you. With someone like this guy, he'll also know that he has someone between none and zero percent chance of ever getting parole because no elected politician is ever going to sign the papers for a murderous paedophile serving a life term.

Personally, I think he deserves to be deprived of any opportunity for a meaningful life, and society needs to keep him locked up for its own safety and peace of mind. Because of that he will have a rubbish life, which will most likely end in suicide/homicide or hep B, and honestly meh. Best thing we can all do is forget about him immediately.

Just curious guys- what do you think an appropriate sentence is for the rape of a 6 year old, which is so violent he has a punctured lung and a torn scrotum. If that happened to you as a 6 yo, or your 6 yo son- what would you like the offender to receive?

3 1/2 years seem adequate? :rolleyes:
At first blush, yes, 3 1/2 years does seem inadequate - however not being privvy to all the detils, I am not in a position to give a definitive answer.

The 7.30 report was worth watching last night. Goes into Cowan's past and how the investigation got sidetracked by the 'blue car' sighting which was considered vital. A detective who questioned Cowan at the time wanted him to be the subject of search warrants but his car was white.

Its amazing they managed to draw the confession from Cowan years later.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

At first blush, yes, 3 1/2 years does seem inadequate - however not being privvy to all the detils, I am not in a position to give a definitive answer.

No mitigating circumstances would make 3.5 years seem adequate for that! Was at least and I mean at least a 10 year sentence

Just curious guys- what do you think an appropriate sentence is for the rape of a 6 year old, which is so violent he has a punctured lung and a torn scrotum. If that happened to you as a 6 yo, or your 6 yo son- what would you like the offender to receive?

3 1/2 years seem adequate? :rolleyes:

Is that all he got for an earlier crime? s**t no wonder Toby mitchell was laughing and said "good country australia" after his court appearance last week.

I think it is time that judges and parole officers start wearing responsibility for their poor decisions.

Life is precious until you commit crimes like this. Then I can't help but think their is 6B people on the planet and many of those more deserving to the privilege of living in Australia.

There is no need for rehab if they can be deployed in work camps for the rest of their natural life.

Is that all he got for an earlier crime? s**t no wonder Toby mitchell was laughing and said "good country australia" after his court appearance last week.

The boy was covered in blood as he stumbled into a petrol station after the attack, near death. He got 7 years, walked out of prison after 3.5.

This country really shits me sometimes- no, actually am ashamed of it, when it comes to this.

I am really struggling with this one. I think it is important that, when it come to sentencing, recognition is given to early guilty pleas to save victims from having to give testimony (particularly when it involves sex offences against children) and also reductions in sentences to recognise good behaviour in prison, but 3 1/2 years for what he did...

When did I say or even imply we should feel sorry for him? I called him a prick. That's being lenient on the guy. He's an appalling reoffender who's already extreme fortune that saw him free for so long was unwarranted. His acts were as close to evil as people can get and I have nothing but hatred and disillusionment around him. I have no sorrow for someone so callous. And remorseless.

But what I am saying is that these primal "hang the bastard!" and "jee I hope he bloody gets rooted in there! Sicko!" calls are just a little barbaric. I mean why? How is that going to remove the pain this kid's family feel? How's it going to give the kid the 70 years of love and tribulation and work and anger and joy and beers he was entitled to? It's not a good look and I tend to find the people picketing out the front for a death penalty are basically the lowest common denominator.

So sure he deserves to rot in jail but it's a little weird to hope he's sodomised. A little homoerotic too...

+1

To me we don't ask the question enough of "what made this individual the way he/she was?" We just want to have someone locked away, hung or burnt at the stake.

Cowan from all reports came from a loving family which doesn't make much sense of why he did the things he did. He was bullied a lot as a child apparently which leads me to believe this may have had an effect on the man he became.

I'm not really much of a believer that people are "just born evil". Imo 99.9% of the time they are made into the people they become by societal influences. Bullying can have a huge impact on people and this may have contributed to the monstrous man that Cowan became. Who knows.

He should never be let out of prison (for the safety of the community) and he should not be allowed any creature comforts while in prison (prison should not be a taxpayer funded holiday). But asking for someone to be raped in prison, or killed is not on in a civilised society imo.

That other paedophile Ferguson who died a few years ago from what I heard had a very sad life and was abused a lot as a child. Plus he was born basically blind and was tormented a lot. He turned into a very sick man who shouldn't of been allowed in society. But I actually did feel sorry for him. For the innocent child that he was, that was abused himself and turned his hatred and anger outward instead of inward (unfortunately for his victims).

It would be interesting to find out more about Cowan's life and find out why he became who he became. Because until we start asking that question more and finding solutions to the societal influences that create these monsters we will continue to have horrific crimes like this occur.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back