Mega Thread The Daniher Debacle

Remove this Banner Ad

If he doesn’t come next year we’ve missed the boat.

In your opinion. There are lots of players who would want to play for the Swans. Daniel Robinson, Jordan Foote, James Rose I'm sure would jump at the chance to play for the Swans. Should we take them back as well since it's sooo hard to find players who want to come to Sydney?

In your opinion. There are lots of players who would want to play for the Swans. Daniel Robinson, Jordan Foote, James Rose I'm sure would jump at the chance to play for the Swans. Should we take them back as well since it's sooo hard to find players who want to come to Sydney?
No that’s your opinion.

lets just look at him playing this year. this may also be a funny year for many reasons. AFL reduce list sizes. maybe rounds get cancelled. maybe covid19 does other things to impact the game. lots of water to flow under the bridge. just my opinion
im not really controversial so not in the discussion.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No you listed players who have been delisted by the Swans and compared them to Daniher. That is your opinion Which is fine agree to disagree and all that. I just couldn’t follow your logic.

I didn't compare them, but I used your rationale to ask a question, because I don't follow your logic either.

The priority shouldn't be if the player wants to play for us, it should be whether we want them to play for us. In the case of Daniher, maybe we just didn't want him that badly?

Not like it matters. He will come next year while we retained Papley for a cancelled season and he will walk again this October for less than we would have originally asked for.

Stephens is whatever until he plays games and shows he's any good at the level.

Not like it matters. He will come next year while we retained Papley for a cancelled season and he will walk again this October for less than we would have originally asked for.

FFS they didn't want a draft pick, they wanted a player! There was no way we were ever giving up the five players they wanted, so what were we to do? To blame Stephens for a decision he had no say in is unfair IMO. And you may not be directly blaming Stephens, but it's inadvertent blame. I've seen the same on this board with Florent after the Mitchell trade.

Edit: apologies for the FFS. It was unnecessary. Sounding like old mate now.

FFS they didn't want a draft pick, they wanted a player! There was no way we were ever giving up the five players they wanted, so what were we to do? To blame Stephens for a decision he had no say in is unfair IMO. And you may not be directly blaming Stephens, but it's inadvertent blame. I've seen the same on this board with Florent after the Mitchell trade.

Edit: apologies for the FFS. It wasunnecessary. Sounding like old mate now.
Stephens will be a gun so the discussion is not going to be talking point 3 years from now. Joe was never worth the Stephens pick with his injury history

Definitely hear u and probably pretty close.

I still think losing Papa and next year's first for Daniher was overs.

Agree paps might walk for stuff all now but hopefully we can still get Joe and at least hang on to our frdp.

He will come next year while we retained Papley for a cancelled season and he will walk again this October for less than we would have originally asked for..
He's still got three years on his contract, he isn't walking for low value

If we had traded in daniher for ONLY Papley, and I sat down to watch papley kick 4 in the all stars game, only to be here and daniher Still wasn't close to fit, I would of been heart broken

Carlton wanted a few smalls, Martin, Betts, and Papley. Although I love Betts, he's there for leadership, and Martin has never been as good as papley (though I don't know if that's the gcs, but how much better is Carlton anyway).

Papley is clearly the best small forward right now, and to trade him away for someone that can't even get on the field madness, the risk reward is not even close to fair.

Carlton wanted a few smalls, Martin, Betts, and Papley. Although I love Betts, he's there for leadership, and Martin has never been as good as papley (though I don't know if that's the gcs, but how much better is Carlton anyway).

Papley is clearly the best small forward right now, and to trade him away for someone that can't even get on the field madness, the risk reward is not even close to fair.

I think we would've done it if we knew we were getting Daniher. But we knew we weren't getting Daniher, so we didn't let Papley go.

Fairly simple logic really. You don't trade out a handy forward unless you're getting a handy forward in return.

Daniher is a very talented young man and I wouldn't wish any misfortune to him but he now comes as a very risky proposition. My crystal ball says Dodoro will match any offers for Daniher in an attempt to force a trade, driving any suitors to refuse to trade and Daniher will be back at Essendon because he's "too important" and Essendon "didn't have any trade offers or draft prospects that could replace Joe" even though they can't get him on the park. Joe is forced to retire early and Essendon get diddly squat.

I hope I'm wrong for Joe's sake.

I cannot see any way Essendon match anything for Daniher, doing that they may end up having to keep him. Even Dodoro isn't that stupid. Essendon to be happy with a compensation pick. If we offer any sort of trade for Daniher, our team should get up and show themselves to the door. It will be the stupidest trade offer ever made for a restricted free agent

Remove this Banner Ad

Back