Mega Thread The Daniher Debacle

Remove this Banner Ad

I also think that the article starting that Daniher wants to spend more time in the ruck makes him look even more appealing to us. Getting him and another KPF in the PSD could work well.

Just to add to the discussion here folks. Was listening to abc grandstand today while I was mowing the lawns. The question was asked to Adam Ramanauskas. Did the Bombers make a mistake not taking what ended up being pick 3 from the swans for Daniher last year. Ramas response was that he didnt think that that was the offer. Rama being a player would have a fair idea I would think.

Just to add to the discussion here folks. Was listening to abc grandstand today while I was mowing the lawns. The question was asked to Adam Ramanauskas. Did the Bombers make a mistake not taking what ended up being pick 3 from the swans for Daniher last year. Ramas response was that he didnt think that that was the offer. Rama being a player would have a fair idea I would think.
Ramanauskas is a former player who now works in the media. Why would he have a better idea than Tom Harley, who said "we put forward what we thought was a compelling deal and that involved two first round picks" (i.e. our 2019 and 2020 first round picks)?

Ramanauskas is a former player who now works in the media. Why would he have a better idea than Tom Harley, who said "we put forward what we thought was a compelling deal and that involved two first round picks" (i.e. our 2019 and 2020 first round picks)?

Ramanaskus is an accredited player agent so he’d have a fair idea.

Is he Daniher's agent?

Again, why would he have a better idea than Tom Harley, the CEO of our club and who was involved in our discussions with Joe directly?
What is said behind closed doors and the offers potential/otherwise are far different to the vanilla statement that Harley will make.

Harley never says anything that isn’t taken from a script of cliches. Not sure why you expect anything less from a polished performer like Harley. He won’t let much on and you wouldn’t expect it. But you have to take what he says with a grain of salt.

Player managers all talk because they are looking after their clients directly or indirectly (and themselves).

What is said behind closed doors and the offers potential/otherwise are far different to the vanilla statement that Harley will make.

Harley never says anything that isn’t taken from a script of cliches. Not sure why you expect anything less from a polished performer like Harley. He won’t let much on and you wouldn’t expect it. But you have to take what he says with a grain of salt.

Player managers all talk because they are looking after their clients directly or indirectly (and themselves).
So you are saying that Tom Harley is publicly lying about what we offered Essendon?

Sorry mate. I meant to say player manager. A few too many 150 lashes I’m afraid..

I love the mental gymnastics Essendon fans go through in defending Dodo. Based off of current evidence the deal would have been aweful for us

It would have been awful last year! I was shocked some people actually wanted us to do it!

Seems that Brisbane have full confidence in their medicos getting Joe out on the park.

The critical issue appearing to arise from this saga, is how can their medicos be so much better than ours? We have blokes getting 'two week' injuries and then we don't see them for the rest of the season.

At face value it appears to be a weakness in our system.

Is time that the Club did a review of the medical dept. to see if it is up to speed or if is it just hype that Brisbane's medical team is so good?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Seems that Brisbane have full confidence in their medicos getting Joe out on the park.

The critical issue appearing to arise from this saga, is how can their medicos be so much better than ours? We have blokes getting 'two week' injuries and then we don't see them for the rest of the season.

Is time that the Club did a review of the medical dept. to see if it is up to speed or if is it just hype that Brisbane's medical team is so good?
Go on any team board on this site and people will make the same complaints about their team and injury issues

I have no idea why you think Brisbane's medical team is so much better than ours based on their belief that they can get Daniher fit again, as opposed to, you know, actually achieving that.

They aren't much better than ours if you look more into detail Peter Blanch is the head of Brisbane medical team he was also at Essendon in 2017 which was Daniher most prolific season of his career.

So its more of a Patient/Doctor relationship exclusive to Daniher.

99% of fans wouldn’t have a clue how good or bad a club’s medical department is, not a clue. It certainly can’t be judged on whether a player gets back on the field within the original publicly estimated timeframe. Fans who think public statements in that regard are true and accurate are naive at best.

99% of fans wouldn’t have a clue how good or bad a club’s medical department is, not a clue. It certainly can’t be judged on whether a player gets back on the field within the original publicly estimated timeframe. Fans who think public statements in that regard are true and accurate are naive at best.
I find it interesting someone with the groin history of Daniher wants to play more ruck.

I watched this clip about kobe Bryants trainer, who used to be Michael Jordan's trainer. And he basically talked about how he had to rebuild kobes body And had to focus on eccentric movements to lengthen his muscles to build his body specifically for the sport of basketball and reduce the strain in his knees (which he apparently developed from over training).

So the fitness of our players is really a holistic thing that involves training routines, recovery, diet etc. And obviously extends to the treatment of injuries. There are a lot of differing opinions and science, so there realistically could be a huge difference between the medical staff at the swans and other clubs. I'm not sure the swans are leading the way.

Aren’t we running out of things to criticize the club for? So much of injury recovery is down to luck, no matter how much you strengthen/treat muscles etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Aren’t we running out of things to criticize the club for? So much of injury recovery is down to luck, no matter how much you strengthen/treat muscles etc.

I find the colours a little too bright

/s

To a degree but a lot of our 2 week injuries are double that in real time. So whilst it is luck, doesn't mean we can't look into it and improve.

To a degree but a lot of our 2 week injuries are double that in real time. So whilst it is luck, doesn't mean we can't look into it and improve.
That's a function of the club telling lies not the medicos stuffing up.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back