Mega Thread The Daniher Debacle

Remove this Banner Ad

Cause when Tippett and Franklin worked we looked unbeatable in 2014 after our 1-4 start we averaged a winning margin of 10 goals till the finals.

We just didnt see it enough :(

Yeah though tippett missed 11 games , his start at Sydney was good. agreed

the 2014 prelim was probably the best we ever looked under horse imo, better than the 2012 grand final

Yeah though tippett missed 11 games , his start at Sydney was good. agreed

the 2014 prelim was probably the best we ever looked under horse imo, better than the 2012 grand final

His 2016 season i thought was the best of his career till he got injured he was a major reason we won quite a few early games playing as a FF/Ruck

Heck his 2015 season was also very good with 44 goals playing permanent forward.

https://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/kurt-tippett.1064861/ this is a good reminder on what we had when he was on the field.

There seems to be a recent trend towards big name recruits not living up to expectations. It costs alot of money and trade value to target mature age players

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nah Tippett could play his record proves that, letting Mitchell go was a far bigger mistake than recruiting Tippett.

Tippo was quite solid.
The two problems with Tippo weref dropping reasonably easy marks or spilling contested marks he should have taken due to his height advantage. The second was his ball drop. I realise it is a long way from his hand to his foot but sometimes he had a ball drop like a drunken sailor

On U27 using BigFooty.com mobile app

As long as we get Daniher dont care how its done. 5 and Papley would have been whatever
Be careful what you wish for. Running is not an indication he is anywhere near over the injury. If he gets over the injury and is willing to work his butt off sure I'd be glad to have him. But indications are neither is true at this time

The two problems with Tippo weref dropping reasonably easy marks or spilling contested marks he should have taken due to his height advantage. The second was his ball drop. I realise it is a long way from his hand to his foot but sometimes he had a ball drop like a drunken sailor

Pretty good conversion rate really you are just making stuff up. Apply the mark dropping to Sinclair and you are onto something.

fu**s me off this arguing about Tippett and all this if we didn't drink bathwater in 14 and get shafted in 16.

Those 2 days go differently who gives a fu** about what he was on or what he did or didn't do cause of the medals around his neck
Yes I'd rather we live in the now. Ancient history is Ancient History. Let's move on. I don't like the denigration of any player. I used to loathe the way many of you treated Dean Towers. He was a player who tried his guts out every time he stepped on the park. At times things came unstuck for Deano but I have been looking at lots of old games and in some of them he was instrumental in our wins. Sad that people seem to forget players are human beings with feelings and ego problems just like the rest of us

Cause when Tippett and Franklin worked we looked unbeatable in 2014 after our 1-4 start we averaged a winning margin of 10 goals till the finals.

We just didnt see it enough :(
The midfield were destroyed after the 15 minute mark of the first. The forwards hardly saw it. Again we made the mistake of playing injured players. 2016 same same. I was even expecting them to wheel Aliir into the backs in 2016

Pretty good conversion rate really you are just making stuff up. Apply the mark dropping to Sinclair and you are onto something.
Definitely not making anything up. I was watching a replay the other night and he dropped 6 straight. Matthews commented that he should have taken at least 4 of them if not all. He got hands on every ball but fumbled the lot. One was on a lead. It was a gift and he dropped it like a poison challice

I actually thought on his day Tippo was a really good player. After 2016 with injuries etc he seemed to drop confidence. In the end his body just could not sustain the punishment

And no player should be judged harshly on that at their career's end. Having said that him being critiqued harshly because of the 2 glaring weaknesses you mentioned is fair and reasonable because he had the physical attributes to excel in that area which during his tenure would have made us a better team. His mooted salary added to the angst of some supporters because of what he could of delivered but didn't. Noticed I said mooted because **** knows what he was really on.

Definitely not making anything up. I was watching a replay the other night and he dropped 6 straight. Matthews commented that he should have taken at least 4 of them if not all. He got hands on every ball but fumbled the lot. One was on a lead. It was a gift and he dropped it like a poison challice

You base your criticism off one match. Yeah ok. Seem to remember him clunking many a good grab and being exceptional below his knees before injury and age started creeping in.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back