Mega Thread The Daniher Debacle

Remove this Banner Ad

Thats the end game for the afl and free agency...theyre heading that way as it is. Free agency has and always will benefit power houses regardless of the sport

doesnt mean we have to be wanting it to happen though haha.

Personally I don't think we are heading that way though, not anytime soon. The AFL is too invested in the success of interstate and expansion clubs to start a free-for-all which would inevitably just mean young players leaving interstate clubs to go to Victoria.

doesnt mean we have to be wanting it to happen though haha.

Personally I don't think we are heading that way though, not anytime soon. The AFL is too invested in the success of interstate and expansion clubs to start a free-for-all which would inevitably just mean young players leaving interstate clubs to go to Victoria.
In reality there is only so much "loading" up teams can do due to salary cap...besides its not like we are seeing an even spread of free agent signings across the league

Wonder if he has committed to us In 2020 already

Presume they have spoken
Yea i expect the club and daniher have been in constant communication and would no eithe way..given his situation and his name at the club...id be amazed if he recommits to bombers after having requesting a trade

Would love to see daniher sit the year out

Can’t get behind this logic at all. If we do end up getting Daniher, do we want a Daniher that’s fit and in form, or a Daniher that’s coming off a third straight season of basically doing SFA? That would put him in borderline write-off territory.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lowers trade value...less wear and tear on a body that struggles with injuries....sticks it up dodo and the bombers

Decreases trade value and increases the chance of us getting a rusty dud who is three years removed from his best footy, and basically three years removed from any consistent match fitness.

BARRETT: The inside story of the Daniher debacle - http://m.afl.com.au/news/2019-10-31/barrett-the-inside-story-of-the-daniher-debacle

So now the truth emerges directly from the Mouth From The South Damien Barratt. In an article printed on AFL.com Barratt states that the announcement by Joe Daniher that he wanted a trade to Sydney not only took Essendon by surprise but broadsides the Swans who had absolutely no idea he was interested.

His so called business meeting with Harley was nothing but a catch up between mentor and player that happened to be spotted be none other than Adam Tomlinson. Tomlinson, who was seeking a transfer himself, told a mate at GWS and before you know it the rumour of Joe's move to Sydney had spread faster than syphilis at a free love convention.

Now this article is interesting because Barratt had stated on Trade Radio:

The Swans have brought this on themselves. They have to get this deal done no matter what. They have had contact with Daniher on several occasions before the Harley meeting. UNTRUE. APOLOGISE BARRATT! All commentators in Melbourne were feral on this issue. David King stated:
The Swans have to do this deal it is their fault. They need to get the deal done no matter what it takes now they have convinced the player he needs a move. WRONG APPLOLOGISE DAVID.

The first the Swans knew about his intent was when he announced he was seeking a trade to Sydney. The Swans were not only broadsides they had to try to think up a strategy to try to assist the player as much as possible to get to Sydney.

But enter Adrian 'DoDo' Dodoro. He was not only being difficult he was living in a fantasy world. The smirk on Mr Dodoro's face will turn sour next year when Joe says fu** off Bombers and lands in Sydney for a compensation pick. That is if he plays a game this year. If he doesn' t then I doubt Swans will be interested.

This whole incident was triggered by the player himself. Because he was going stir crazy over the speculation in the Victorian media about his injuries. He is over it. He is not happy to be playing at Essendon next year. He would rather be out of there. This was not orchestrated by the Swans, as the Melbourne media have stated with incessant vitriol. It was a whim of a player in crisis.

So I would like to see the whole Melbourne AFL Media Circus, especially Barratt, McClure, Lloyd and King apologise to the Swans for their vitriolic treatment of our club. It is a disgrace that these so called journalists and commentators can spew inconsistencies and downright lies as fact. There should be a complaint made to ACMA about these clowns who masquerade as journalists and expert commentators. Time to start the actions against them because this is just not good enough. It is sloppy journalism at the least and syphiletic hatred at it's worst.

On ANE-LX2J using BigFooty.com mobile app

Earlier in the year I said the Bar Rat should not get engagement from Sydney. As far as I am concerned the Club should refuse to have anything to do with those turkeys. Would be good if Harley showed some guts and told them to **** off. He won't though.

Earlier in the year I said the Bar Rat should not get engagement from Sydney. As far as I am concerned the Club should refuse to have anything to do with those turkeys. Would be good if Harley showed some guts and told them to **** off. He won't though.
Bar rat.. I like it
Harley has shown up the Bar rat in an ultra professional way. Harley has come out of this with his reputation 100% intact and has no need to sink to the level of a bar rat

Bar rat.. I like it
Harley has shown up the Bar rat in an ultra professional way. Harley has come out of this with his reputation 100% intact and has no need to sink to the level of a bar rat

Well the Rat does set a low bar.

I'll run away now.

For anyone who is undecided on Damian Tharrat!

This from earlier this year when he once again didn't get his facts right in attacking Luke Hodge for doing a mid game interview.

Tomlinson is also a piece of s**t on the highest order would not surprise me if the Giants ok'ed him to disclose it on SEN.
I as under the impression that he didn't disclose it. He told his club and they disclosed it which is probably worse as it shows how bitchy and jealous that club really is.

I think there is zero chance of Daniher coming to us next year (or ever). If he can't get on the park next year, then there's no point in us signing a player who's barely played in three years. If he gets back to his best, then I'd imagine Essendon will be pretty keen to re-sign him.

I think there is zero chance of Daniher coming to us next year (or ever). If he can't get on the park next year, then there's no point in us signing a player who's barely played in three years. If he gets back to his best, then I'd imagine Essendon will be pretty keen to re-sign him.
Could be the perfect "Daniher falls back in love with the club" type media spin in a years time....

Good on hodgie... top bloke as well!

Regarsing Barrett, the thing that surprises me is how someone so bereft of a journalistic conscience, feels he is somehow entitled to be the voice of footy conscience...

Clean up your own shitter before you complain about other people's bathrooms you rat

Remove this Banner Ad

Back