List Mgmt. Morning, Joe! (was The Daniher (Probably Mega-)thread)

Remove this Banner Ad

There was never much doubt the Daniher trade would end thus. Bad look for Essendon and the AFL if it was really messy. Daniher's been through a lot. Feelgood news story coming.

Likewise the only reason Dodoro would bid really early on Coleman would be out of sheer spite. I'm hoping Coleman comes our way as well.

Our medical team will have him super fit and Fages will have him focused and loving footy.

Just put a lions jumper on this and we are going to have some good times ahead at the footy.

I’ll be completely honest... I didn’t realise how good joe was!! If we can get him back anywhere near this he could easily be a top 5 forward in the league!!!

I’ll be completely honest... I didn’t realise how good joe was!! If we can get him back anywhere near this he could easily be a top 5 forward in the league!!!

He was on track to be a top 5 player in the competition. He made mistakes but on his day the only person that can stop him is himself. You can't spoil a bloke that is 200cm and can jump higher than god and runs like a bloke 15cm shorter. People think of his poor goal kicking but the year before his injury he fixed his goal kicking, he kicked 65 goals 39 behinds. 62.5% conversation rate is very good.

I obviously haven't seen a lot of him, but off a very small sample he seems like a bush footy type guy. Super talented, loves playing and will get the best out of him with he is up and about and happy off field. When he is in his 'happy place' i reckon everything just falls into place for him on field.

Our medical team will have him super fit and Fages will have him focused and loving footy.

Just put a lions jumper on this and we are going to have some good times ahead at the footy.

Wow, can't wait to see him in a lions jumper. Apparently he is coming over with a big reason due to our medical department which is a great idea to get him actually playing but also good to see our drs and physios getting some recognition which is now having an impact on players outside of our club deciding to join us due to them. This will be far and away their biggest test. A big player beset by groin injuries for 3 years. I reckon he could rival Neale as one of the biggest trades to our club as, lets be honest here our key forwards dont get many goals like other teams', he is a focal point which kicks a huge amount of goals and then allows Hippy and McStay to have the 2nd and 3rd best defender respectively so it impacts our whole forward line.

In addition, it allows us to get rid on a ruckman and get in another forward. Never liked the 2 ruckman setup as it always felt that we were playing 1 man down.

Edit: Also hopefully develops our defenders as well playing against a high quality forward

Last edited:

Damm it, I just put myself through watching those highlights again :(

Damm it, I just put myself through watching those highlights again :(

Let’s see how good he is though without Josh Green and Matty Leuenberger giving him silver service.

Jesus. That highlight package is worth band one!

We could try to get Subway Green back but he probably wouldn't fit in the celery cap

I thought we were done with the bullying of Josh Green. Joke wore thin a long time ago.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Great highlight reel of Daniher from 2017 being his best year to date. Shows what the guy is capable of if he gets over his injury issues.
He is still a risk for the Club. One i hope pays off.
Hope the trade goes through early.
This may give the club time to possibly focus on getting someone else they may be considering.

Hopefully Allison being delisted unceremoniously will teach him not to overrate these academy kids
I find most draft watchers have a strong ability to ignore any previous results, or alternatively edit them out of their earlier mock drafts/power ratings.

I wonder how they'll go about giving Essendon Band 1 but avoiding giving the Crows Band 1 and thus picks 1 and 2 when Crouch if I am not mistaken is reportedly being offered more money? Will take some real clever PR from them to explain. Or maybe they are happy to give the Crows Band 1... although I get the feeling AFL house don't want to push back North, Sydney and Hawthorn's early picks.
Sounds like Crouch will be getting paid well under 700k, but by all reports Daniher will be around the 700k mark.

Don't think it would be that surprising to see Daniher scrape in and Crouch just miss the threshold.

I still can't fathom the amount of love for Dodoro from essendon. The bloke has overseen a list that has won a couple finals in his tenure and they came early. Their list is in shambles and have zero evidence of a decent culture within the playing list. Absolute blinker material.

I find it hard to believe that we would be offering Joe enough $$$ and contract length to trigger band 1 compensation, surely there are incentives in his contract eg. games played/B&F finish that will earn him extra money, IIRC it has been pointed out that incentives/triggers are not taken into account when assessing compensation by the AFL.

I find it hard to believe that we would be offering Joe enough $$$ and contract length to trigger band 1 compensation, surely there are incentives in his contract eg. games played/B&F finish that will earn him extra money, IIRC it has been pointed out that incentives/triggers are not taken into account when assessing compensation by the AFL.
Either his body is fine and they really liked what they saw against Hawthorn or some dodgy dealings is going on. The second couldn't possible happen in the AFL or could it.....

Remove this Banner Ad

Back