The David Mackay thread

Will David Mackay play on in 2021?

• WIPE THEM OUT, ALL OF THEM

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

I figure to celebrate the return of such an outstanding football tradition that brings us all together at around the same time to discuss the team sh*t that our selection committee has put forward for this weekend's schmozzle, we should have a thread dedicated to just totally venting about this one selection. That way, the other thread need only deal with venting about the short but lack of reboundedness defensive group and the overly tall and lack of pressuredness forward group. And that a 3'8" bloke with just average disposal and 15 games in the role is currently our blue chip midfielder with the next bloke having about the same experience but calling it "just average disposal" would be imply a Vader esque level of reticence to actually watch us play football.

Anyway, I'll start.

I cannot believe they selected this lifetime (2009 excepted) fringe plodder with no future in the game that provides absolutely nothing in terms of improving our performance as compare to just selecting 21 players. And that a)Ned misses just because of him or b)ROC is punted after one game is beyond stupidity. If Nicks had it, he's lost it.

Next thread coming soon - Matthew Nicks, I was wrong
Absolutely agree. He is taking up room that should be for a player in our future. Cant wait to hear the story behind dropping Hamill

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I would like to congratulate '1970crow' on the foresight or insight to post this prior to selection, we have seen some amazing selections this year as many of the esteemed posters on this site have clearly pointed out but the continued selection of David Mackay appears to have now achieved some form of cult status.

I personally am frustrated with the clubs selection policy and clear lack of commitment to developing our young players that it is impossible to find the right words! As another poster in the selection thread pointed out, we have basically chosen every senior player possible all year, to the detriment of team structure for one, but more importantly to deny opportunity to many of our future players and therefore delay further sustainable future success, of course we are still getting pretty well flogged each week.

As for Ronin O'Connor I hope he has had a clear discussion with the coaching group and understands why he is being dropped, I thought for a first game and only 50% game time he did quite well, but of course what would I know, as far as I can tell he deserved at least another run!

I also thought Sam Berry showed more leadership standing up to take that high ball mark than David Mackay showed in the entire game. The funny thing about youngsters is that they often don't know they can't do something until someone else tells them they can't, what sort of message is the coaching group of the Crows sending to their developing group?

Worth more than Hamill's 6 touches factored by 20 experience points. 240 x 4 >>>>>>>>>>> 6 x 20. And that is how we select a 22. 240 games will always beat 20 games.

And whilst we're on it, both Keays and Sloane playing with one bung hand each. But instead of getting them right and prioritising 2022, the continue to push through as mids that only plin the stoppage rotation. Keays 12 and Sloane 10. These are 2 of our 3 prime movers presently denying jumuior midfielders of minutes.

Our coaching panel consists of many idiots.

Billy should never play again.
MacKay should never play again.
STOP PLAYING INJURED SENIOR PLAYERS WHEN THEIR INJURY CLEARLY EFFECTS THEIR PERFORMANCE. Lynch, Tex, Sloane, Keays, Brown.

So many things that should be very a simple decision, we just keep getting them wrong.

Sloane 17 to back up his 18 from last week. Funny thing is that he's hit his yearly high TOG at 89%. So not onky id he not winning possession, which is his job, he's also not leaving the field of play as much as he was prior to injury. So more time on ground for less outcome, great stuff Rory.

Mackay another masterful 14 touch game. Viva la 250 mother flippers. Cannot wait fir 2022 to see this kid hit his straps.

Back