The Daw Delisting

Remove this Banner Ad

Daw- Are we going to win cause Daw's in our side?- nope. Sure we can get excited about some of the things he may do again.
We won a game against the Bulldogs cos Maj was in the side. He probably had a bit to do with why we went from just missing the spoon to winning twelve games from one season to the next.

We won a game against the Bulldogs cos Maj was in the side. He probably had a bit to do with why we went from just missing the spoon to winning twelve games from one season to the next.

Oh I mean with our current list of course. Today's side has about seven players less than twenty games. You don't tend to win with sides like that.
And then probably four/five players that may well not get a game in a side that is finals bound.

And also Maj was my fav player and maybe pre injury he could have carried us, but probably not now.

Oh come on J Walker is putrid and has been delisted by two clubs for said putridness, you don't need to like Majak and that's fine. Maj was never given an extended run at it by Scott. I to this day wish Maj had never set foot at our club and had gone elsewhere.

Majak's 2018 season was top class AFL elite. He also kicked ten goals from I think from about nine quarters in the fwd line. I hope he gets his mobility back and rips sh*t up at the Dees.

And I hate the Dees.

And I very much doubt that Walker will be at North next season, which is the correct decision.

The Daw delisting is starting to look like a bit of a balls up. Sure, Daw didn't end up being the player he promised to be, but gee, he would've been handy this year. With Taz gone for a big chunk of the season, Daw would've been handy down back. With Larkey STRUGGLING as our number 1 forward, Daw would've been handy up forward. And with Goldy having no support in the ruck, Daw would've been handy in the ruck to give Goldy a chop-out.

I dare say if Tommy Campbell still didn't have a year to run on his contract, he would've been gone & Daw would still be at the club.

The 3 year deals to Tommy C & Tyson remain the most bizarre contract signings I can recall in my 35 years as a NM supporter.

Tyson I can understand -high draft pick, and to an extent has proven himself AFL standard at some point. Given the list turnover, it's not stupid to use a player on the list when we're short on match-ready bodies and experience. You have to have a look at everyone, including those the previous coach has put a line through. Had a look. Too slow and disposal doesn't compensate. Had to have a look, but gone at end of year, 100%.
Campbell - As a rookie, yes, on the understanding it's strictly as a back up for Goldy, given Goldy's backup rucks are like backup Aussie wicketkeepers - only there in case of injury. A capable fill-in as a ruckman, but trying to turn him into a forward is madness. "Tom if you can get a #1 spot elsewhere we'll trade you with best wishes, but you're here strictly as back up incase Goldy's inujured."

Remove this Banner Ad

Back