The Daw Delisting

Remove this Banner Ad

ideally we should have paid out tom campbell's base rookie wage and delisted him and paid that to daw instead

consider it a sunk cost and keep the better player

I could live with delisting Daw, Wood , Durdin and trading Brown if we had of gotten in 1 or 2 replacements.

We didn't. Baffling.
Yeah, I did find it a bit strange thatt we didn't invite KPF players like Callow/Baldwin as well as Skinner to train with us.

Everything costs money though I guess.

On SM-G965F using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ironically, it isn't the lack of KPP that is causing the blow-outs, it is out inability to hit targets and turning over the ball in the corridor. The second quarter blow-outs has usually been what would otherwise have turned a competitive effort into a disappointing blow-out.

The Daw delisting is starting to look like a bit of a balls up. Sure, Daw didn't end up being the player he promised to be, but gee, he would've been handy this year. With Taz gone for a big chunk of the season, Daw would've been handy down back. With Larkey STRUGGLING as our number 1 forward, Daw would've been handy up forward. And with Goldy having no support in the ruck, Daw would've been handy in the ruck to give Goldy a chop-out.

I dare say if Tommy Campbell still didn't have a year to run on his contract, he would've been gone & Daw would still be at the club.

The 3 year deals to Tommy C & Tyson remain the most bizarre contract signings I can recall in my 35 years as a NM supporter.
Very astute DF.
I would think another tall, either Daw or Durdin, would be handy about now.
One extra tall on list would have been prudent.

ideally we should have paid out tom campbell's base rookie wage and delisted him and paid that to daw instead

consider it a sunk cost and keep the better player

No, you could always cover a defender but if goldstein goes down with a knee, then it's much harder to replace him in a short time.

Campbell has proven himself relative durable and could ruck the whole game in the vfl and get 40+ taps per game. Can xerri do something similar?

I meant as forwards.

Daw wasn't playing back.

daw is quite useless as a pure forward but when in defense, he gets his confidence up as he is good at what he is doing, he would bobble forward to kick 2, 3, 4 goals in 2018. In the short span of 15 games, daw was considered one of the elite defenders against opposition big forwards.

Comben was the unexpected casualty. That said Daw was insurance. Unwise given our injury record.
Yeah should've kept him on as insurance. Must admit though, based on last years games, he seemed to have lost his pace which, along with his athleticism, was his best asset. Guess we'll see when he gets up to speed with the Dees.

So our talls consist of Walker, Goldstein, Tarrant, Xerri, McKay, Comben, Campbell, Corr and Larkey.

Now in fairness we could not have known what was wrong with Comben and how that wasn't picked up earlier I struggle to fathom. He will be fine, the treatment he's on works. It's not rare or difficult to fix, just takes time.

Durdin - well I mean really? we're not moving forward by keeping Sam.
Daw- Are we going to win cause Daw's in our side?- nope. Sure we can get excited about some of the things he may do again.
Brown- Something happened there, and oh he'd be out injured as well if he stayed.

Now the bolded are all unavailable or coming back from injury. Yes I'd probably have kept Daw over Campbell, Tommy though has a contract as others have said. I'd also play Campbell if it was up to me.

Have been atad unlucky again on the injury front. ISn't there some 202cm 19 yr old doing well and available for the mid season draft? Anyone? Was a GWS academy player I believe.

My main thought about Majak is that while he would have been ok back up, in our current position, for KPD/KPF or Ruck, at his stage of his career he should have had one of those positions nailed down. J Walker is more versatile and effective as a swing man that Majak ever was. I loved the excitement he brought when he played at his best, and I loved the recovery story, but he wan't the future for us.

My main thought about Majak is that while he would have been ok back up, in our current position, for KPD/KPF or Ruck, at his stage of his career he should have had one of those positions nailed down. J Walker is more versatile and effective as a swing man that Majak ever was. I loved the excitement he brought when he played at his best, and I loved the recovery story, but he wan't the future for us.

Oh come on J Walker is putrid and has been delisted by two clubs for said putridness, you don't need to like Majak and that's fine. Maj was never given an extended run at it by Scott. I to this day wish Maj had never set foot at our club and had gone elsewhere.

Majak's 2018 season was top class AFL elite. He also kicked ten goals from I think from about nine quarters in the fwd line. I hope he gets his mobility back and rips s**t up at the Dees.

And I hate the Dees.

And I very much doubt that Walker will be at North next season, which is the correct decision.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back