The Day Before (The Last of Us meets The Division)

Remove this Banner Ad

berisha

Club Legend
Mar 22, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Burnley, San Jose Sharks
Anyone checked the trailers for this out? What do you think? Personally I've been stinging for a good new MMO shooter to play with mates (I have GTFO which is awesome but rarely can get the four of us together) and The Last of Us inspiration definitely has me intrigued. Video is a bit cringe, but gameplay looks solid enough, even if it has been done many times before. 'Coming soon' also has me excited as we hopefully don't have to wait ages for it.

Love the setting/concept but have seen it all before. Strange for a trailer not to even hint at the protagonist’s mission (Is it purely to survive? Surely there’s a bigger goal). Graphics look cool. Dialogue is clunky and lacks authenticity. Will be one to wait and see.

The Day Before got some new gameplay and a release date yesterday. They also announced it is coming to PS5 and Xbox Series X|S

Is this game even real? The latest delay has many thinking no.

When I read this earlier I stumbled at the part where they said the name was available at the time but not later. Why not register is earlier if you plan to start marketing that name? lol. They have never opened up pre-orders but I wonder how much investment there has been.

When I read this earlier I stumbled at the part where they said the name was available at the time but not later. Why not register is earlier if you plan to start marketing that name? lol. They have never opened up pre-orders but I wonder how much investment there has been.

Hasn't this 'game' has now been delayed about 4 times starting from last June?. Delaying it 8 more months when they said a March release isn't very believable at all.

People probably holding out hope since Nvidia decided to back this and as we know, big corps can't be wrong :drunk:

Hasn't this 'game' has now been delayed about 4 times starting from last June?. Delaying it 8 more months when they said a March release isn't very believable at all.

People probably holding out hope since Nvidia decided to back this and as we know, big corps can't be wrong :drunk:

Definitely sounds sketchy. Reading through some of the comments it looks like there is some interesting things worth looking up that I had no idea about before.

Definitely sounds sketchy. Reading through some of the comments it looks like there is some interesting things worth looking up that I had no idea about before.

I just watched these and the devs definitely are very fishy.

Even if it exists at best it will be something they likely abandon in 2 months of release lol

Last edited:
So I'm the one that broke the whole devs/volunteers thing late last year. I have a ton of more info on the devs that I haven't been able to share yet.
Funny you post the Press Start link, that author (their new editor) used to be our assistant editor and the amount of stick he's given me for being hyped for this game is huge (all in good fun).

It's actually hilarious how inept Fntastic appears to be

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So I'm the one that broke the whole devs/volunteers thing late last year. I have a ton of more info on the devs that I haven't been able to share yet.
Funny you post the Press Start link, that author (their new editor) used to be our assistant editor and the amount of stick he's given me for being hyped for this game is huge (all in good fun).

It's actually hilarious how inept Fntastic appears to be

To be honest, first thing I thought when I saw the "gameplay" was it really felt like they were using Division source code. The movement and environment just felt so much like that game..something didn't add up. Then you see in the video the gas station looks strikingly similar to the one from one of the Life is Strange games. Vehicle movement and forested areas look incredibly similar to Days Gone.

It's like a chimera of different games ripped and pasted together in scripted sequences

Last edited:
They don't state "knowing" it was available, only that it was, which you can clearly just look up the date at which it was registered.

In other words, they had no idea what they were doing.

Surely now you just swap out the name and register that prior.

Watching the vids on the volunteer stuff is extremely creepy and predatory. It sounds like propaganda bullshit.

:laughing::tearsofjoy:

"We planned to move the game's release before and plan to announce it with [publisher] Mytona in a 10-minute gameplay video, and then you all know what happened. So to be on the safe side, to ensure there are no more transfers, we, along with the publisher, chose November 10. That is a safe date, given the trademark dispute."

"We’re very confident that this issue will be resolved since we have strong legal partners, the extra time will allow us to better prepare for the release and make the overall improvements for the game. It will become even more polished, optimized, and content-filled."

"The storm will calm down eventually, and time will put everything in its place. When the game comes out, people will finally see the truth, but while we're here, we're grateful for such a fantastic journey and for you being with us."

"For us and millions of people, The Day Before is a childhood dream come true. It’s a game with zombies and other people in a huge postapocalyptic skyscraper city. We understand that some players, not seeing the whole picture, might have doubts about the game. Our whole focus has always been on the product itself. We’ve been creating the game for four years. All these years have been full of sweat and blood to make this game, and for many members of our team, it is unpleasant to hear such accusations.

"We didn't take a penny from people: no crowdfunding, no pre-orders, no donations. The game is fully funded by Mytona, one of the largest mobile publishers in the world, who checked the game's build at every milestone per our contract. We made a real inner breakthrough when we decided to go for big challenges from the bottom—so big that some people would consider them impossible."

"Making a fantastic journey from the very ends of the earth, we feel like that simple guy from 90s action movies. You probably remember him as the hero who breaks through the veil of disbelief when no one believes in him, but he finds the inner strength to win and prove to everyone what he is worth in the end.

"We only believe in the final product. No matter what anyone says, you’ll see for yourself on November 10 this year. We hope that after the game's success, we’ll give people faith that in this life, if you persevere toward a dream, it will come true, despite all the obstacles and doubts."

I dunno if anyone has watched the latest gameplay trailer but it's certainly something.

I think it's definitely a real game but as expected/predicted it's not going to deliver the experience that was promised when it was announced. I think this is why we've not seen much 'gameplay'.

Character looks so out of place now. PS3 level graphics

Possibly the most boring gameplay video I've ever seen.

Character looks so out of place now. PS3 level graphics

Possibly the most boring gameplay video I've ever seen.

Looks like a real rush job. Mixamo animations look cheap. The clothing is poor too. That's not even clothing. Looks like they just loaded up a generic model in Blender and painted "clothes" onto the bottom half. At least they did some weight painting on the top of the bag so it's not entirely stiff. Pretty poor when for about the price of $1000AUD you can get some software like from Reallusion to make your game look AAA even if you were indie and serious about making something.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back