Club History The Dean Kent memorial society of Perennially injured players who play well against Melbourne

Remove this Banner Ad

Dean Kent, we welcome you as our inaugural member to this famed club.

Qualifications for entry requirements simple:
  • Misses all or large parts of most seasons and is generally re injured within one to two weeks of return.
  • Get on the park a number of times each year but rarely sees out a game and is either on the way to hospital for scans or wrapped up in ice by the end of each game.
Feel free to nominate candidates, past present or future.

Topkent I nominate you as the thread ambassador and patron saint of our threads moniker, Dean Kent.

We almost need a ‘traded players who play well against Melbourne’ thread.

Nomination from left field but Lynden Dunn. Has been cruelled by injuries since moving to Collingwood but did have a strong game in Round 23 2017 to deny us finals.

But i like Dunn, he was a great player for us. Wish we still had him instead of oscar or frost.

But i like Dunn, he was a great player for us. Wish we still had him instead of oscar or frost.
They can be loved and still one of the greatest in this thread.

Harley Bennell has only played more than 15 games in a season once in his nine-year AFL career and has played a mere 2 games since 2015.

As well as averaging 1.8 goals a game v the Dees he also averages more disposals against us than any other team (26.6).

He has polled in three of his five games against us, including two BOGs, one of which came in a losing side.

While he has 7 Brownlow votes against Melbourne, he has not registered more than 4 Brownlow votes against any other team despite having played more games against some of the others.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I know Nick Riewoldt doesn’t fit the premise of this thread but it was shocking even for us how he used to get injured and then magically be fit to face Melbourne randomly.

He ******* raped us for 15 years. I used to hate Rooey but by the end I was in complete awe at his ability to continually dominate year after year.

When he out bodied Hore then kicked it on the full that seemed about as Kent as it could get an then he looked like the best small either club has had since Milne.

Can't wait till he 30 + 7s next year to Carey and Stevie J rightfully

I can't tell you guys how great it is to have a player on our team who spuds it up each week, but manages to motivate himself to stick it up his former team mates.

Lol, came across this thread at the perfect time.

Curnow must come in for this game! Even on one leg he will destroy us.

Lol, came across this thread at the perfect time.

Curnow must come in for this game! Even on one leg he will destroy us.
I feel like these memorial threads should be sticking to the top. The Kingsley is iconic to this forum.

Hannan looked better on the weekend, but his first 3 games were the sort of output that he had towards the end of his career for us, very lucky not to be dropped.

Will kick 2 or 3 on Friday for sure though.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back