Roast The decision not to take Liam Picken.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

THATSGOLD

Brownlow Medallist
10k Posts
Sep 21, 2005
the G.. home of the pies!
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
collingwood
What the hell happened?

Son of Billy Picken. Cousin of Jono Brown. An absolute gun again today in the Grand Final victory.

Who is responsible and why did we pass?

What the hell happened?

Son of Billy Picken. Cousin of Jono Brown. An absolute gun again today in the Grand Final victory.

:eek::rolleyes::eek:

What the hell happened?

All 16-18 AFL clubs (cant remember if GC/GWS were in that draft) passed on him 85 times before the Dogs finally picked him.

Such a revisionist post its not funny - go find a post from yourself in 2008 saying we should take Picken and then you may have a point.
Otherwise - this thread has absolutely no basis.

All 16-18 AFL clubs (cant remember if GC/GWS were in that draft) passed on him 85 times before the Dogs finally picked him.

Such a revisionist post its not funny - go find a post from yourself in 2008 saying we should take Picken and then you may have a point.
Otherwise - this thread has absolutely no basis.
He was a great pick up so late in the draft, probably the best late pick up playing the game today. I'm asking why we didn't at least rookie him in 2008.

I remember him playing for Williamstown when Buckley came back from his long term hamstring injury at Box Hill 2007. He kicked the winning goal!! We already had a strong list I guess??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I must admit your post fits the irony of your name

Picken completed a preseason with the Pies (at 17) and two with the Bulldogs, before playing with Williamstown and winning their B+F in 2008. He earned a position on the Bulldogs rookie list because Williamstown paid his wage.

The Pies did their due diligence. Picken acknowledges that he was not ready for the AFL and that the penny did not drop for him until he was 22-23. So every clubs decision between the ages of 17-23 not to take him were correct.

I also think the Pies recent decisions not to take the sons of Stewart and Kelly under father/son have been correct as neither has set the world on fire in their 2-3 years in the AFL system.

Fishing season?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Picken completed a preseason with the Pies (at 17) and two with the Bulldogs, before playing with Williamstown and winning their B+F in 2008. He earned a position on the Bulldogs rookie list because Williamstown paid his wage.

The Pies did their due diligence. Picken acknowledges that he was not ready for the AFL and that the penny did not drop for him until he was 22-23. So every clubs decision between the ages of 17-23 not to take him were correct.

I also think the Pies recent decisions not to take the sons of Stewart and Kelly under father/son have been correct as neither has set the world on fire in their 2-3 years in the AFL system.
Well Stewart might be another father son mistake we are about to correct.

Did anyone else think he was in his early twenties? I did for some reason.

Anyway, great to see him play so well on the big stage, but the guy's over 30. He'd be the oldest player on our list. Considering he's only come good this last year and half, I don't think this was a bad miss by our recruiters.

Enjoy the medallion Liam!

Did anyone else think he was in his early twenties? I did for some reason.

Anyway, great to see him play so well on the big stage, but the guy's over 30. He'd be the oldest player on our list. Considering he's only come good this last year and half, I don't think this was a bad miss by our recruiters.

Enjoy the medallion Liam!
He'll play till he's 34 35 playing like that.

Might as well start a why did we take Fraser before Pavlich thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back