Review The Deesgrace vs The Swans: The weak, The pathetic, The useless

Remove this Banner Ad

I remember worrying about it as a teenager, but then found myself getting over it pretty fast by drawing up "superteams" with Dunstall , Schwarz and Neitz next to each other in the forward line and thinking how many flags are we going to win? omg!

If only I knew I'd still be waiting today. :(

Good: At least 2 of our players didn't get in a fight in a strip club???

Pretty surprised we haven't had more COVID breaches to be honest. Considering how dumb we are on a football field I was expecting some more balatant breaches of COVID protocols. Something like Oscar McDonald playing a game of squash with his cousin up in Cairns.
I think both McDonalds are pretty bright.

Appointing Alan Richardson has to be one of the worst decisions the club has made since the previous worse decision (which was probably extending Goodwin's contract). He's got a winning percentage of <35%. Never played finals in six years of senior coaching.

With all these Corona lay-offs you'd think the club would have thrown Richo out on his arse already. Pathetic. Get the ******* dimwit out of the club.
This.

On the blower to a mate today and we both said the same thing. Saints sack him, turn their fortunes around instantly. What do we do? No, not pick up someone from a good club with a good record, we pick the guy the Saints sacked.

I really like him as a person, but he hasn’t got what it takes. It just shows me that if we appoint the right person like the Saints did then we can shift this very quickly. Goodwin just has to go. No finals, no future. It’s just pathetic.

This.

On the blower to a mate today and we both said the same thing. Saints sack him, turn their fortunes around instantly. What do we do? No, not pick up someone from a good club with a good record, we pick the guy the Saints sacked.

I really like him as a person, but he hasn’t got what it takes. It just shows me that if we appoint the right person like the Saints did then we can shift this very quickly. Goodwin just has to go. No finals, no future. It’s just pathetic.
And they got Roughead. I bet we didn't even talk to him. Someone who could transform our ridiculously bad forwardline to at least be competitive. Our coaching panel needs a complete overhaul. Josh Mahoney probably needs to go also if we're being serious.

This.

Being Perts team mate for years has got to count for something.

And they got Roughead. I bet we didn't even talk to him. Someone who could transform our ridiculously bad forwardline to at least be competitive. Our coaching panel needs a complete overhaul. Josh Mahoney probably needs to go also if we're being serious.
My word. There’s no way we have done this properly. It’s embarrassing.

This.

The Saints did bring in Howard, Jones, Ryder, Butler and Hill last trade period too who've been solid to great for them most of this year. Not disagreeing that Richo is an uninspiring addition, but they added more than Ratten last year which has helped them.
A better coaching lineup would be handy with some extra talent on the outside and a consistent pressure forward (or two).

The Saints did bring in Howard, Jones, Ryder, Butler and Hill last trade period too who've been solid to great for them most of this year. Not disagreeing that Richo is an uninspiring addition, but they added more than Ratten last year which has helped them.
A better coaching lineup would be handy with some extra talent on the outside and a consistent pressure forward (or two).
And we brought in * all

I don't agree with this, we had Jordan Lewis on our list. For all you know Roughead is a terrible coach.
Just because he is a good player who played forward doesn't mean he can coach forwards.
Goodwin's a 300 game 2 time premiership player.

Its fine and well to put the heat on goody, but let's not forget the players while we are playing stacks on.

******* pitiful performance. Star studded midfield gets their arse handed to them once again...any chance we hold them accountable at some stage like we do the coach?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Its fine and well to put the heat on goody, but let's not forget the players while we are playing stacks on.

******* pitiful performance. Star studded midfield gets their arse handed to them once again...any chance we hold them accountable at some stage like we do the coach?
Pfft are you kidding? Our midfield belted North and Adelaide they are amazing and definitely will take us to the top🌈

Pfft are you kidding? Our midfield belted North and Adelaide they are amazing and definitely will take us to the top🌈

They are honestly starting to s**t me to tears. The excuses we continually make for them when they get their s**t pushed in.

They are honestly starting to sh*t me to tears. The excuses we continually make for them when they get their sh*t pushed in.
* there was one play on the near side wing when Viney and Oliver literally ran into each other chasing a ball because neither had peripheral vision and it got behind them.
Sums up our midfield perfectly, we have a group of blokes who's junior career revolved around being the man to get the ball and give it to someone else. They've tried to teach Gus to be the unselfish one who waits on the outside but he's struggled badly.
The only one who played a team first role was Harmes and they punted him to defence.

fu** there was one play on the near side wing when Viney and Oliver literally ran into each other chasing a ball because neither had peripheral vision and it got behind them.
Sums up our midfield perfectly, we have a group of blokes who's junior career revolved around being the man to get the ball and give it to someone else. They've tried to teach Gus to be the unselfish one who waits on the outside but he's struggled badly.
The only one who played a team first role was Harmes and they punted him to defence.

Yea in the first quarter, ******* disgraceful. Selfish stat chasing campaigners. That incident set me off on a 10 second swearing rant. Zero team work, all about themselves. They can say all the bullshit they like about how they love playing with each other, but their actions on the field say they couldn't give a s**t about the blokes next to them.

Yea in the first quarter, ******* disgraceful. Selfish stat chasing campaigners. That incident set me off on a 10 second swearing rant. Zero team work, all about themselves. They can say all the bullshit they like about how they love playing with each other, but their actions on the field say they couldn't give a sh*t about the blokes next to them.
I reckon Oliver's pretty happy with himself getting SuperCoach points from his 25 disposals. Vineys a one direction one thought at a time mid, Brayshaw is the most one dimensional in the team who only plays well when he can start on ball and be unaccountable going forward. Petracca as soon as he loses a slight amount of confidence turns into Jordie McKenzie with his skills.
Needs a fresh set of eyes on the midfield to run a different mix

Yea in the first quarter, ******* disgraceful. Selfish stat chasing campaigners. That incident set me off on a 10 second swearing rant. Zero team work, all about themselves. They can say all the bullshit they like about how they love playing with each other, but their actions on the field say they couldn't give a sh*t about the blokes next to them.
So many times they give handballs in close without following up with an easy shepherd. Need to do the 5-star handball a bit more at training.

So many times they give handballs in close without following up with an easy shepherd. Need to do the 5-star handball a bit more at training.
It genuinely makes me mad, cause it's so basic and so obvious. Yet nothing changes.

Yeah it's u/14s sh*t. Give the hands, immediately look for a shepherd or be an option.

If i was coach id say I'm dropping the next guys I see do it, no questions asked. Only way I reckon the selfish pricks will ******* learn.

If it costs the team wins and a finals birth , so be it. Short term pain for long term gain. With the added bonus of finding out if some of these campaigners are just all about themselves by continuing to do it. Trade them , * them off if so.

I reckon Oliver's pretty happy with himself getting SuperCoach points from his 25 disposals. Vineys a one direction one thought at a time mid, Brayshaw is the most one dimensional in the team who only plays well when he can start on ball and be unaccountable going forward. Petracca as soon as he loses a slight amount of confidence turns into Jordie McKenzie with his skills.
Needs a fresh set of eyes on the midfield to run a different mix

Liked for the Jordie McKenzie reference, good times

Yeah it's u/14s sh*t. Give the hands, immediately look for a shepherd or be an option.

I don't think we've practised shepherding since Neale Daniher was coaching, I have no memory of seeing players consistently shepherd in the last decade, heck they can call it blocking if they want, but it's so rare that it stands out like a beacon if someone does it

The worst are the guys who have no right to receive the ball anyway, because they are a worse disposal, yet they still run away from the ball carrier and try to get a possi instead of shepherding, and the best are the guys who do neither and actually move into the way of the ball carrier, Omac comes to mind

Remove this Banner Ad

Back