Preview The Defining 5.

Remove this Banner Ad

Aug 31, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
84EFF1CD-7A69-4217-B844-4D55C430EAD8.png Collingwood’s last 5 H&A games for season 2018. I’ve called it the defining 5, because this truly shapes us, not only our ladder position, but also if Collingwood is a contender or pretender.

The big game this week Vs Richmond. I honestly believe we will win this game. I just think all the stars are alinging. If we win this game, I see us finishing top 2. This game will show the AFL community whether we are Pretenders or Contenders. Potential finals preview.

If im being honest, I’m more concerned about our Sydney game than I am about the Richmond game. Although, their record at home isn’t great, I think the Swans will want to show up after their dissimal loss to the Suns. It’ll be an interesting game. We will have to kill them with speed.

We play Brisbane at Ethiad. Brisbane are one of the better teams outside the 8. I don’t expect this game to be easy, but we should have a few players back by then. They did push us at the Gabba earlier this year. I expect our class through the midfield to stand up.

Port Adelaide at the MCG. Similar to WCE they’ll want to stand up at the G. It does help that they probably won’t have Ryder playing, so I expect our midfield to dominate. What concerns me is who plays on Dixon & Gray? Dixon is too big for any of our defenders, and Gray always kills us. This will be a massive test. If we lose this, I seems potentially slipping out of Top 4. This game could be the difference between 2nd-5th. Massive.

Fremantle at Perth. This could be a blessing in disguise, as we might have to verse WCE 2 weeks later in Perth. However, I expect us to win this game. If we are serious about finals, and being a contender. Fremantle are a very good team at home. They’ll probably have Fyfe and Sandilands back by then.

Definitely all winnable games. I think if we go :
5-0 - we make top 2.
4-1 - we make top 4.
3-2 - we finish 3rd-5th. Reliant on other teams.
2-3 - we finish 6th-8th.
1-4/0-5 - we better hope our percentage is good if we want to make the 8.

These 5 games are massive. No real easy 4 points. Just hard tough games to prime us for finals.

I wouldn’t complain with a 4-1 finish. However, the Tigers, Swans & Port game are all 8-point games.

Interestingly, all our games are on Saturday, except the Freo game, which is probably on a Sunday.

LETS FUUUKING GO PIES!!!

Because of the draw and who other teams we are competing against play, there is a good chance we could win just the Freo and Brisbane game we will finish 5th which wouldn't be horrible (although things could go against us and we may finish 7th). Home final wouldn't be the worst thing to come out of this year.

15 wins will all but guarantee a top 4 finish (because that would mean we win one of Port of Sydney games, assuming we don't beat Richmond).

But 100% agree with your sentiment. Our season is in our hands which is a great position to be in.

I'm more confident of beating Sydney in Sydney than Brisbane at Etihad. That game is a real concern.

I'm more confident of beating Sydney in Sydney than Brisbane at Etihad. That game is a real concern.

It’s annoying because at the G we’d smash them. I think Moore is a very good matchup for hipwood and we can cover their mid-sized forwards pretty well. As long as the Etihad hoodoo doesn’t get to us we should win by 4-5 goals.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If we finish 4th and were to beat Richmond would our PF be guaranteed to be at the MCG? We could theoretically be playing an interstate team that finished higher than us but I assume winning the QF trumps that.

If we finish 4th and were to beat Richmond would our PF be guaranteed to be at the MCG? We could theoretically be playing an interstate team that finished higher than us but I assume winning the QF trumps that.
Yes

Knowing us we'll lose players in the next month two. Should beat Sydney and Brisbane.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back