Opinion The Definitive Foley vs Valente Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Just like yourself so you hold on to the confort of supporting WC tl know how it feels.

I posted on here to say I rate both players highly. No need to be a campaigner.

Campaigner is my middle name son :moustache:

tenor.gif

Adelaide traded down when he was available and then passed on him again at 27ish. Says how much they rated him.

Also after we took Foley, the Freo recruiting room looked a bit glum so i'm pretty sure he was their preferred next pick.
Really no one wanted Valente except Fremantle: Enough said.
Adeaide and Port passed on him multiple times and he played under their noses over a number of seasons.
Seems he was only popular as an early pick by the Mock Draft fraternity.

Adeaide and Port passed on him multiple times and he played under their noses over a number of seasons.

Hmmm a South Australian midfielder who was passed on multiple times by Adelaide and Port.... Kind of sounds like a certain 2x best and fairest, 3 time Ross Glendinning medallist who just snagged us Jesse Hogan in a trade

Hmmm a South Australian midfielder who was passed on multiple times by Adelaide and Port.... Kind of sounds like a certain 2x best and fairest, 3 time Ross Glendinning medallist who just snagged us Jesse Hogan in a trade
In your dreams.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I hope he works out for you, I really do

Lol I don't really tho psyche!

So am I getting this right? Foley is clearly the better player, although champion data had Valente as the 10th best player in the draft (not bad for a plodder), and someone like Twomey didnt have Foley being picked in the top 30, but he had Valente at 21?

So am I getting this right? Foley is clearly the better player, although champion data had Valente as the 10th best player in the draft (not bad for a plodder), and someone like Twomey didnt have Foley being picked in the top 30, but he had Valente at 21?

The only voice that matters when it comes to the draft.

The only voice that matters when it comes to the draft.
How about Knightmare then? Had Valente at 22, and Foley at 34.. I’m not saying they are right, it’s just interesting how you all know better than the blokes who do this for a living. Peter Bell said we couldn’t push the button quick enough when Valente was still on the board. Going to be fascinating to watch. We have a good record with later picks. Not at all with early ones.

Last edited:
How about Knightmare then? Had Valente at 22, and Foley at 34.. I’m not saying they are right, it’s just interesting how you all know better than the blokes who do this for a living. Peter Bell said we couldn’t push the button quick enough when Valente was still on the board. Going to be fascinating to watch. We have a good record with later picks. Not at all with early ones.

Obviously most of us are a bit perplexed as to why we and everyone else passed on Valente but we have Foley now so have to get behind him, he sounds pretty good really and hopefully will be a gun for us in future... like Valente no doubt will be for your lot

Yes that's why he left..So you could snag hogan. How considerate of him

Nothing to do with Freo's putrid culture and woeful captain and coach

Yes that's why he left..So you could snag hogan. How considerate of him

Nothing to do with Freo's putrid culture and woeful captain and coach

Yea our putrid culture can't believe we lost so many players this trade period!!! Losing Hill to Brisbane and Cerra to a victorian team was so devastating.... not like we attracted 4 players whilst losing one to big money

Interesting Logic. Both our clubs have missed some ripping WA talent over the journey.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back