Updated The Delphi Teen Murders - Video of killer found in Libby's phone * AN ARREST HAS BEEN MADE

UPDATE Richard Allen has been arrested

It's been more than a year since the Delphi murders, when the bodies of Indiana teens Liberty German, 14, and Abigail Williams, 13, were discovered near a wooded creek.

Abby and Libby went missing on Feb. 13, 2017, when they were dropped off at about 1 p.m. on a day off from school, to walk the Delphi Historic Trails in Carroll County. They had planned to meet up with a family member later in the day.

The two eighth-graders posted several photos of themselves on Snapchat, while crossing the scenic Monon High Bridge the afternoon they disappeared. Their bodies were found about 24 hours later near Deer Creek, a half mile east of the bridge.

So far, officials have released three key pieces of evidence in the case.

The photo: A grainy image of what police believe is a suspect in the slayings was captured by Libby on her smartphone, as he walked along the trail, head down, toward the girls. The suspect was wearing jeans, a blue jacket, a brown hoodie and a hat.

Delphi-suspect-double-970px.jpg

The audio: German also captured a snippet of audio on her phone of someone giving the command "Down the Hill" to the two teens. Police praised her for her foresight in capturing an image and voice that they could analyze in the search for the killer.

The sketch: A composite sketch by police of a man believed to be connected to the killings was drawn from eyewitness descriptions of the suspect seen walking along the trail the same day that Abby and Libby disappeared.

delphisketch.jpg

Bless Libby for the courage and wits to take his pic and record his voice but still, over one year later the police have made no arrest.

Last edited:

Beatnicked

Club Legend
Jul 30, 2018
AFL Club
West Coast
It's been more than a year since the Delphi murders, when the bodies of Indiana teens Liberty German, 14, and Abigail Williams, 13, were discovered near a wooded creek.

Abby and Libby went missing over a year ago on Feb. 13, 2017, when they were dropped off at about 1 p.m. on a day off from school, to walk the Delphi Historic Trails in Carroll County. They had planned to meet up with a family member later in the day.

The two eighth-graders posted several photos of themselves on Facebook, while crossing the scenic Monon High Bridge the afternoon they disappeared. Their bodies were found about 24 hours later near Deer Creek, a half mile east of the bridge.

So far, officials have released three key pieces of evidence in the case.

The photo: A grainy image of what police believe is a suspect in the slayings was captured by Libby on her smartphone, as he walked along the trail, head down, toward the girls. The suspect was wearing jeans, a blue jacket, a brown hoodie and a hat.

View attachment 551555

The audio: German also captured a snippet of audio on her phone of someone giving the command "Down the Hill" to the two teens. Police praised her for her foresight in capturing an image and voice that they could analyze in the search for the killer.

The sketch: A composite sketch by police of a man believed to be connected to the killings was drawn from eyewitness descriptions of the suspect seen walking along the trail the same day that Abby and Libby disappeared.

View attachment 551571

Bless Libby for the courage and wits to take his pic and record his voice but still, over one year later the police have made no arrest.

A terribly tragic set of circumstances. That bridge is really high and if the man attacked the girls on the bridge there would be no 'safe' escape route!

Very hard to contemplate the utter fear these darling girls would have succumbed to.
https://goo.gl/images/z5QDyv

Iworkthecircus

All Australian
Jan 6, 2018
AFL Club
GWS
Poor children .

People are selfish it’s common knowledge that unless something happens to u they don’t really give a hoot , or there quick to deminish it
It probably hasn’t even got main stream news attention .... not like it should ...... but Kim and Kanye farted .
You people are 1% of a different kind .

A new picture has been released of the suspect (looks totally different to me) with some more audio where he says "Guys" pauses "Down there". Experienced investigators have analyzed the latest police presser and think the police have a suspect, they're pushing his buttons.

They also think he's a local, hiding in plain sight.

delphi.jpg

https://edition.cnn.com/2019/04/22/us/delphi-indiana-teens-killed-update/index.html

EDIT: Oops he said 'down the hill'.

Last edited:
This looks like the right guy to me even if it's nothing like the second sketch. He abducted a woman end of June,
cuffed and shackled her, held her for several hours in a remote area, she tried to make a call on her iwatch, he saw it and smashed the watch.

He returned her to where she was abducted from. The police were called and out looking for him, pulled him over and he ends up shooting himself. He lives only a 25 minute drive from Delphi.

Police have gone quiet but they were already looking at him for the Delphia murders after receiving a tip. They've asked for his autopsy results and DNA.

Why I think it might be him is not only does he look like Bridge Guy, lives close enough to Delphi, obviously has a gun he could have controlled the girls with, uses restraints so that's possibly why one couldn't run and technology frightens him, he would be very aware of it after the picture of him was uploaded to Cloud from Libby's phone. Smashed his victims high tech watch in fear of what information it might be transmitting, probably the only reason she was returned alive.

pae.jpg

Coastie19

Senior List
Apr 22, 2019
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Have been following this one for a while and was in Indy recently but not there long enough to get a car to visit. So so sad I think everyone local wants the killer caught.

This podcast is ok (www.downthehillpodcast.com) but found it incredibly frustrating listening to the police and the language they are using to try and scare the perp, but I really don’t think they have any good evidence.

Have been following this one for a while and was in Indy recently but not there long enough to get a car to visit. So so sad I think everyone local wants the killer caught.

Shame, if I didn't know what happened there it looks like the kind of place I could spend some time walking around in. It would have good to get your impressions.

This podcast is ok (www.downthehillpodcast.com) but found it incredibly frustrating listening to the police and the language they are using to try and scare the perp, but I really don’t think they have any good evidence.

Yeah that cop was a bit ott and they kept repeating it. There's another pod where they do a really good analysis of all the information at the end.

I know this can't be right but the first thing I hear is an English accent when he says "Guys. Down the hill."

This article btw doesn't actually state what the new clues are.

Coastie19

Senior List
Apr 22, 2019
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
I know this can't be right but the first thing I hear is an English accent when he says "Guys. Down the hill."

This article btw doesn't actually state what the new clues are.

It's not so much new clues, former pros outlined a little while ago in Down the Hill podcast (I think ep 5) about signatures left by the killer, however doesn't state what they are. Leading to one becoming evermore frustrated with the case!

English accent? I hear youngish american

Back