News ISC to leave the AFL in 2020 (Confirmed)

Jul 9, 2003
Vancouver, Canada
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
I played Ammos in the 80s
Perhaps ISC is being confused for another business owned by the same person, Phillip Bart:

You’ll find Bruck textile products and protective fabrics used widely in such industries as the military, mining, oil and gas, structural, and wildland fire fighting. They’re also a key component in clothing used for work wear, corporate wear, metal smelting, and general industrial.

They sold all the Bruck assets to the parent company Australian Textile Mills for $1.
Seems a bargain.
ATM is also owned by Phillip Bart.
From what I can gather online, the two companies have an owner in common, and not much else.

FWIW, and maybe this board has a bigger presence than I’d give credit for but I did hear from another source that they were aware of ISC potentially going under.

Jezza_21 can you elaborate on your post in the S&R board about your boss working at ISC and this apparent Saints move?

Last edited:
Aug 8, 2008
Campbelltown
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Arsenal, Macarthur FC
FWIW, and maybe this board has a bigger presence than I’d give credit for but I did hear from another source that they were aware of ISC potentially going under.

Yeah I have seen this being discussed/mentioned on a couple of other sporting boards (including other sports) before it was mentioned on here.

Yeah I have seen this being discussed/mentioned on a couple of other sporting boards (including other sports) before it was mentioned on here.
Interesting

Mar 21, 2017
Perf
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Arsenal, Scorchers, Scuderia Ferrari
I hope we get Adidas or Nike back

I’d genuinely rather sign with BLK than Nike. The s**t they’ve been producing for the last 3-4 years is laughable. BLK’s colours wouldn’t be an issue compared to Nike’s general quality.

Jezza_21

Debutant
Sep 14, 2015
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Interesting

My former boss just left his current job and will be starting a new role with ISC in VIC. It would be strange that they're hiring new staff if they're about to go bust. He also mentioned that ISC were fancied to take over from X Blades who currently make all the apparel for St Kilda as that contract is going to expire soon. Again that would be a odd move if they were about to go under. But stranger things have happened.

My former boss just left his current job and will be starting a new role with ISC in VIC. It would be strange that they're hiring new staff if they're about to go bust. He also mentioned that ISC were fancied to take over from X Blades who currently make all the apparel for St Kilda as that contract is going to expire soon. Again that would be a odd move if they were about to go under. But stranger things have happened.
It would be interesting to see ISC back with the Saints, I always liked the look of the ISC jumpers on St Kilda .

Out of interest, do you work for a manufacturer?

Dank Academy

All Australian
May 5, 2016
AFL Club
Adelaide
I hope this isn't the case - I've liked the changes that have happened over the last couple of seasons with ISC. Even the angle of Port's 'V' has become more aesthetically pleasing.

2019:
AA020318AT0124.jpg

2017:
gettyimages-835469948.jpg

Maybe ISC are just restructuring?
Could be offloading a few clubs to save money perhaps?

This seems to me the most likely option. ISC are still a big name and a highly viable business, but entering into the AFL with all of the approved supplier and sponsorship deals required just to produce the stuff - it’s such a difficult area to make money.

The one that surprises me is XBlades, seeing as they have three clubs all in the bottom seven for club membership numbers.

At least ISC have all four WA and SA teams, as well as two of the biggest clubs in Victoria and the biggest club in NSW.

I’d be very interested to see how many retail items it takes to break even on these deals.

Jezza_21

Debutant
Sep 14, 2015
AFL Club
Hawthorn
It would be interesting to see ISC back with the Saints, I always liked the look of the ISC jumpers on St Kilda .

Out of interest, do you work for a manufacturer?

Nope, I work for one of the co-tennants of St Kilda's new office at Moorabbin.

cogs2hawks

Team Captain
Jul 30, 2019
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Humongous if factual...

No clue who Collingwood would go with. My first guess would be reuniting with Adidas seeming we are somewhat back to prominence on the field (can't say that for last week).

Perhaps we will have a go at making our own manufacturer again... boy I can't wait to see what s**t it will go on to produce.

which manufacturer did you guys make?

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Shazza_

Brownlow Medallist
Jan 2, 2018
Safeway carpark
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Richmond VFL
reckon pies or bombers will be in adidas again next year.

i dont think puma would looking to sign a 3rd club seeing that they already have Richmond and Carlton.

Nike will have to pull their finger out if they want to go around again

reckon pies or bombers will be in adidas again next year.

i dont think puma would looking to sign a 3rd club seeing that they already have Richmond and Carlton.

Nike will have to pull their finger out if they want to go around again
I'm still not sure about Carlton to Puma

Back