Discussion The Demise of Nike

Remove this Banner Ad

I can see ISC taking over Carlton. Who will take Sydney in that case?
The same guy who leaked Hawks to Adidas (and got us in deep s**t with them! #worthit ) has also hinted at Sydney leaving ISC.. so possibly Adidas for them as well?

I actually think ISC and Carlton will be a really good combination.
They should bring back the lighter navy blue that they should be in.

I think someone said something about the possibility of Adidas?
I think that was more what people want to see than anything

I think someone said something about the possibility of Adidas?
Yeah, me. Two posts above yours, you silly sausage.
I think that was more what people want to see than anything
It does make a lot of sense, considering the poster who hinted at Swans leaving. I couldn't really care less who Sydney goes with :p

Yeah, me. Two posts above yours, you silly sausage.

It does make a lot of sense, considering the poster who hinted at Swans leaving. I couldn't really care less who Sydney goes with :p
I mean Adidas and Carlton seem more like what the posters on here want as opposed to having any warm leads.

I could I could see Carlton signing a deal with Cotton On Body with Princess Park being the home of women's footy now.
I think Gibbsy knows more, but isn't the CO deal purely to be a Geelong link?

More and more numbers are ripping, the sleeve has torn on a Simpson long sleeve and they are heat pressing the Indigenous round jumper

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The guy who said Hawks to Adidas said Swans to Nike actually.

I'd just say Carlton and Nike had a long contract and fell out half way through it. Not difficult with Carlton's board.

The guy who said Hawks to Adidas said Swans to Nike actually.

giphy.gif

What Carlton FC has is boxes of what are effectively blank navy blue, wolf grey and orange tank tops (and some with sleeves) with no logos at all, in various sizes.

They then have the logos and numbers heat pressed as needed. That way there are no pre-sublimated spares with numbers for players who never crack a senior game. If you have a flick through Instagram, you can see that they didn't bother putting the AFL logo on some of the orange training guernseys.

All other clubs (including Carlton up until this year) get batches of fully sublimated home/away/clash/Indigenous/promotional etc guernseys for every senior listed player. All the unused tops then get given away/donated.

On the surface, this new method of producing guernseys seems smarter and more cost effective. But I don't think the fact Nike are supplying the club with low quality product was taken into account

What Carlton FC has is boxes of what are effectively blank navy blue, wolf grey and orange tank tops (and some with sleeves) with no logos at all, in various sizes.

They then have the logos and numbers heat pressed as needed. That way there are no pre-sublimated spares with numbers for players who never crack a senior game. If you have a flick through Instagram, you can see that they didn't bother putting the AFL logo on some of the orange training guernseys.

All other clubs (including Carlton up until this year) get batches of fully sublimated home/away/clash/Indigenous/promotional etc guernseys for every senior listed player. All the unused tops then get given away/donated.

On the surface, this new method of producing guernseys seems smarter and more cost effective. But I don't think the fact Nike are supplying the club with low quality product was taken into account
Some photos of this wouldn’t go astray

This is really interesting.

But imagine being on a list and getting... nothing to show for it? One of my little factions of my drafted dream is that first day when they 'what size are you mate?' and getting a box full of training jumpers, shorts, socks, and having enough to give socks I don't want to my old man and extra hoodies to my mates. But the main part is having a jumper I never wore and being able to get it out when I've had a few beers at home, holding it, and thinking 'ah man, close enough' a few years later. It's sort of cruel to devoid that.

This is really interesting.

But imagine being on a list and getting... nothing to show for it? One of my little factions of my drafted dream is that first day when they 'what size are you mate?' and getting a box full of training jumpers, shorts, socks, and having enough to give socks I don't want to my old man and extra hoodies to my mates. But the main part is having a jumper I never wore and being able to get it out when I've had a few beers at home, holding it, and thinking 'ah man, close enough' a few years later. It's sort of cruel to devoid that.

Reckon there is every chance they would still get one. They would all be given a jumper for the team photos and usually clubs do a season launch event where each player is presented with their guernsey for that year. I’d be surprised if their numbers weren’t on the back of these.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back