Discussion The Demise of Nike

Remove this Banner Ad

Spotted on a Facebook post, more heat pressed stuff falling off, this time on their orange training guernsey

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190212-192825_Facebook.jpg
    Screenshot_20190212-192825_Facebook.jpg
    171.3 KB · Views: 446

they will be back but hopefully they pull their finger out and look at what Puma and Adidas are doing in this league.

Collingwood and Richmond are out of contract at the end of 2021. Also crows a possibility after ISC

If we do change I'd like to see us have another run with adidas
Gibbsy should be able to confirm, but I recall there was a bad blood ending to Collingwood and Adidas.
I don't remember them parting on good terms

B..but we have three stripes?
I must need a drink because I can't remember of this is truth or not, I think it was debunked, but Collingwood changed to black based jumpers for Adidas

I must need a drink because I can't remember of this is truth or not, I think it was debunked, but Collingwood changed to black based jumpers for Adidas
FJGD convinced me it was Eddie's big ruse to make a jab at Port Adelaide?

FJGD convinced me it was Eddie's big ruse to make a jab at Port Adelaide?
There was some reason, I'm.not sure off the top of my head crow28 is across this stuff

https://www.bigfooty.com/forum/thre...nd-collingwoods-2001-guernsey-change.1117194/

Gibbsy made this thread nearly three and a half years ago, which goes into a fair bit of detail in regards to Collingwood changing their jumper. I remember reading through it years ago, I'll eventually get around to reading it again to refresh my memory

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Interesting, but just goes and proves how much they haven't given a s**t.
Further to the Nike not being a sponsor next year, I spoke to a Nike rep yesterday who told me that Nike is withdrawing a lot from Australia. In particular Nike golf and sponsorships. Sometime in the near future you won't be able to buy Nike golf products in Aus and will only be able to get them online.

She wasn't currently sure how much of the standard gear would still be around. She seemed to think stuff like sweat bands and some accessories would still be around as they're made by a different part of Nike, but as for the clothes in general will be scaled back. Just not enough money being made here.

Goes some of the way to explaining why they basically phoned in the Carlton sponsorship and half arsed the products. They couldn't wait for it to be over.

Very interesting... no doubt as it gets tougher IN Australia financially, luxuries such as Nike branded running shirts are taking a loss

Interesting to see where the other big brands go compared to the little guys

Hah. I'm looking at getting a Carlton indigenous guernsey (beautiful design, **** manufacturer of course) and my boss at the retail store that sells AFL guernseys said this in reply...
View attachment 678076
Waiting. On. Nike.
They can basically do nothing right haha

Remove this Banner Ad

Back