The Demon Golden Turkey Team of the Century

Remove this Banner Ad

I do remember a majority of those players but I think you have left out one; Andrew Lamprill. I never got to like him and could never work out why he was kept on the list so long. If I think of any others I will add them to the list.

------------------
The Melbourne Football Club: Tradition, Heritage, Excitement

Believe me there were plenty of players that were mentioned but not included in the final team. Lamprill was definitely one of them. Can anyone think of any other duds?

Good team!

um well how about David Cockatoo Collins, and maybe im being a bit to harsh, but Paul good maybe, i dont know. He didnt really seem to relish his chances in the seniors.

I think you're a bit harsh on Jay Viney. he did come over when the team was hard to crack into, and injuries didnt help. although maybe because ive got a soft spot for him im being too biased, but hey it happens to the best of us. (im not saying that Jay was briliant when he was at the club, im just saying it was a bit harsh)
biggrin.gif

------------------
this is my team and these r my boys, and if u mess with them, i'll kick your arse !!!

OOPS! i just read the bit about the cockatoo collins brothers. i think they should both be in there, doesnt every good side have a set of brothers now?

Hey even if its a dud team its a good dud team.
biggrin.gif

------------------
this is my team and these r my boys, and if u mess with them, i'll kick your arse !!!

I did a bit of digging into the archives and here are a few I thought could be contenders for the team.
Mark Bradly
Nick Carter
James Cook
Rod Keogh
John Howat
Phil Gilbert
Robert Pyman
Simon Eishold
Luke Beveridge
Brent Heaver
Michael Prentice
Daniel Clarke