The Detroit Pistons thread - Where Motown is being rebuilt by forming a f'in wall, that's all we do

Remove this Banner Ad

That's not a bad thing, Detroit need a decent small forward and it's handy for them to draft and develop one internally. The age of the group would work well for the future.

And the fall off is more due to the Pistons 3 point shooters being incapable of hitting a shot since the All Star break. You can't blame Jackson for that.

That was a great game by Reggie. Interesting that it happened with Monroe out, seems he might need some more space. KCP's third quarter was awesome too.

So is it in our best interests to keep Monroe around considering SVG has anointed Reggie our "Point Guard of the future" already? We already know he prefers the stretch 4...

I guess we'll get some more answers about that tonight as Monroe is out again against the Sixers.

32-50. Largely entertaining season after Smiffy got chopped. Hopefully playoffs next year. Would be a lot happier about Jackson coming back now than I would have been 2 months ago.
Yep, he has won me over the last 6 weeks or so. Not sure what happens with Jennings, but I think they could play 6-8 mins a game together.

I think Monroe is gone, so we've got 3 pieces in Jackson, KCP and Drummond.

There's alot of options in the draft Id be happy with aswell

We have a solid foundation to build upon, hopefully some smart moves in trading, free agency and drfting and we'll be a playoff team next season.

Yep, he has won me over the last 6 weeks or so. Not sure what happens with Jennings, but I think they could play 6-8 mins a game together.

I think Monroe is gone, so we've got 3 pieces in Jackson, KCP and Drummond.

There's alot of options in the draft Id be happy with aswell

I'm not sure what happens with Jennings either. He's a notoriously streaky player so I hope we don't get suckered in by his great form pre-injury. Next season is the last season on his deal so I guess they have next season to decide if they need it.

I think Moose is gone too unfortunately :(.

Who are you eyeing off in the draft? I don't follow college basketball too closely but I've heard Stanley Johnson or Justice Winslow are options at SF if we get high enough to pick them.

Ok...so what do you guys do with the rest of the roster?
Tayshaun is expiring and I believe will not be back.
Meeks is getting $12.8m over the next 2 years
Butler is on $4.5m next year :$
Anthony is expiring but likely to be back for vet. leadership which I'm ok with.
Tolliver has a $3m team option - pick up?
KCP & Drummond will be back - Gores has just said Drummond will get the max...
We've already said we hope Jackson comes back
Cartier Martin has an approx $1.3m player option which he'll pick up unless he wants to try and get minutes somewhere else.
Dinwiddie on rookie contract.
Then Williams, Lucas III & Miller are FAs also. Miller sounds like they'll bring him back, would be quite happy never to see the other 2 again.

If we assume that Monroe is gawn, I feel like there's two smart options for the Pistons this off-season:

A) Draft Stanley Johnson or Justice Winslow (feel like Johnson might be a better fit, as he has the size to swing to the four), sign Draymond Green,

B) Draft Frank Kaminsky (would compliment Drummond well), try and move Brandon Jennings for a decent SF, use cap space to round out the roster.

Winslow is the main guy I want. But Id be happy with Porzingis, Johnson, Hezonja or even Oubre.

Butler is a team option for next year. I dont think we would do it again, but maybe decline the option and re sign him at a different rate.

Tollivers team option will be picked up, is a good stretch 4 and team player to have off the bench.

Dont think we would trade Jennings yet, maybe mid next year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So who do you want in the draft? All the guys have some flaws, but I guess you expect that at 8.

I like Winslow, Hezonja and Porz a lot more than Johnson, but still wouldnt be too unhappy with Johnson. Dont want Kaminsky.

So who do you want in the draft? All the guys have some flaws, but I guess you expect that at 8.

I like Winslow, Hezonja and Porz a lot more than Johnson, but still wouldnt be too unhappy with Johnson. Dont want Kaminsky.

You know a lot more than me Drumroe but here's my 2 cents.

I want Winslow, but I think he'll go Top 5.

Porzingis seems like he'd fit SVG's system playing the stretch 4, shooting 3s and not clogging up the paint with Drummond (like Monroe). Athletic Dirk comparisons have me excited, but should probably cool my jets.

I don't know much about Hezonja & Johnson other than ones European & the other played at 'zona. What are they like?

Winslow, Johnson and Hezonja in that order. I doubt Winslow will be available and I think we should avoid Porzingis.

Hezonja is the best shooter in the draft. Is really athletic aswell. Has some massive upside but has some attitude/ego issues.

Johnson Id liken a bit to a Gerald Wallace.

And we've made our our first move.....
Butler and Williams for Illyasova.

Like it a lot, but pretty much confirms Monroe is leaving. Definitely haven't lost much there, maybe a bit of of leadership from Caron but that's about it.

And we've made our our first move.....
Butler and Williams for Illyasova.

Like it a lot, but pretty much confirms Monroe is leaving. Definitely haven't lost much there, maybe a bit of of leadership from Caron but that's about it.
Big fan of this move! We will have the cap space and theres no better stretch 4 for us to sign (that will sign with us). Also has an unguaranteed contrwct next year so can easily waive him if he plays poorly.

Agreed. Fits Stan's preference for a stretch 4, we pretty much acquired him for nothing and he's got 1 year to prove himself or he's out the door.

Downside is Moose is gone. Where do we think? New York?

What's his D like? Are oppositions just going to crush him & Dre?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back