Opinion Dustin Martin is better than Dangerfield

Remove this Banner Ad

Difference is Martin nails the 10% opportunities about 80% of the time.he also looks for the percentage option first, the team option. Still has the odd blue, he's only human (just).

Dangerfield takes the 10% opportunity way more often (has shots from 55-60 out on the regular) and goes at about 10%. Then gets hyped up. He wastes so so so much ball, in a team that goes over the top "unselfish" play otherwise (see some of the Hawkins goal assists past 3 years). He talks a big game about team play but when there's a spotlight, Dangerfield will take it to the detriment of the team. Even tonight he pissed away a shot from 60 out. Yes Dusty misses a hard one too, but Dusty nails 4 others... That's the difference.

Fyfe has had one good season. Still well behind them both and doubtful he’ll catch up

2 Brownlows to Fyfe would suggest he’s had at least 2 good seasons.
If that’s not enough? Fyfe averages the highest votes per game of anyone to have ever played the game.
But anyway, you’re argument is also sound if you take away the facts I just showed you.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hate to see people stick the boots in Danger just because Dusty is a FREAK.

Will be hard to see another player with Martin's skill and attitude to the game. You can tell on the field he's just a big kid who loves football and it shows in how he plays.

Dangerfield is probably a victim of trying to force things too much sometimes, which funnily enough fans love to ask of players i.e. grab the game by the scruff of the neck. Doesn't mean he's overrated honestly.

I’m looking forward to the tribunal thus week which is where Dangerfield will be sent .
He ain’t fit to carry Dusty’s jock strap !!
Dangerfield is only as good as the herald sun and SEN Make him out to be .
Smug , still no medallion .

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Good to hear the term 'jock strap' used.

Haven't heard that in years.

chalk-and-cheese.jpg

this - danger is not on or even close to martin’s level. martin is a better forward and a better mid.

he also seems like far less of a flog, despite his appearance.

this - danger is not on or even close to martin’s level. martin is a better forward and a better mid.

he also seems like far less of a flog, despite his appearance.

Imagine the kind of person Dangerfield would be off the field, if he had Dusty's ability on it.

Seriously. Glory be.

His head is still inflated with his subpar performances in major games.

Hate to see people stick the boots in Danger just because Dusty is a FREAK.

Will be hard to see another player with Martin's skill and attitude to the game. You can tell on the field he's just a big kid who loves football and it shows in how he plays.

Dangerfield is probably a victim of trying to force things too much sometimes, which funnily enough fans love to ask of players i.e. grab the game by the scruff of the neck. Doesn't mean he's overrated honestly.
Interesting take.

I actually don't see it that way though.

I think the media narrative of Martin is quite different to the reality. I think he's a hard nosed, madly competitive guy who desperately wants to win and will do whatever he has to to get his team over the line - it just so happens that that usually involves him having to do freakishly good things.

He's not mucking around out there. He's deadly serious and wants to win.

Dangerfield however...as good and as physically brave as he is... I can't help but feel that deep down he's in it for himself.

Dangerfield probably needs to take a leaf out of hardwicks book post season 2016.

Take a step back relax and just enjoy playing the game.
It looks like he heaps so much pressure on himself. You could see it after the prelim final last week.

Cant compare the two. Martin is one of the most naturally gifted footballers I have seen makes it look effortless is pretty much the midfield version of buddy. His trust and love for his coach means you just watch and know that he loves the game he may have individual success and 3 norm
Smiths but you just genuinely get the feeling he loves playing footy with the boys and that mentally allows you the freedom to play naturally.

dusty brings out the best as does cotch

- pushing it off to selwood is rubbish - selwood is a champ and a great captain who leads from the front.

danger is the me me me show

and when it got tough dusty got even tougher and dangerfield played for frees.
Thanks. You made my point for me.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back