Opinion Dustin Martin is better than Dangerfield

Remove this Banner Ad

Cool and I agree with that, but what does it have to do with anything I’ve said?
If Fyfe had the opportunities to shine in a champion team, there is little doubt in my mind that he would.

Nat Fyfe is a brilliant player, that’s why Freo go out of their way to make sure he gets the footy. He thanked Reece Conca on Brownlow night for working so hard to help him get the pill. This is the opposite of how Richmond and Martin work. Richmond are a low possession high value side. Martin along with the whole team understand this and play accordingly.
This is why Richmond are under represented in AA sides and the players seem to be statistically, individually less productive than greats from other clubs.
You are looking at this the wrong way, Martin, off the leash, able to chase cheap possessions in a team built around protecting him and feeding him opportunities would be a statistical freak.
Fyfe at Richmond would have to give that up.
He’d still be bloody good though.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Dangerfield is a better player most of the time.

Difference is, the times when Dusty is better are the times it matters.

When the pressure is on in a big match, there is no question who you'd prefer.

Dusty behind Fyfe individually?

2 Brownlows

V

3 Norm Smiths
1 Brownlow

Dusty has twice as many individual accolades as Fyfe. How can he be behind individually when he has MORE individual accolades?

Hard to win a North Smith when team doesn’t make the GF. Doesn’t really compute when only 1 of 44 players can win a norm smith, where as everyone is able to win a Brownlow. Not saying Fyfe is better, they are totally different players and both have strengths over each other.

I've been saying this for the longest time, maybe now people will listen.

Dangerfield needs 35 possessions to really dominate a game.

Dusty can tear a game to shreds with 20.

That's the difference

Agree to an extent. Have seen him dominate a qtr or a patch of play and save or win a game when at Crows and Cats. He has very good forward craft but I think he should be in the middle, Unless he is sore or resting forward. Had to get into the game today and spent too much time forward. If they get Cameron next year I’m not sure he can play forward with him and Hawkins

When ever we need something Dusty steps up. Without fail.

I expected a little more from Danger tonight if I'm honest.

Dusty is better than Danger no debate, but Dimma truly smashes Chris Scott.

What was Danger doing forward in the premiership quarter when Richmond were coming back?

Dusty is simply the best player in the comp. No one rises to the occasion like Dusty.

Individually, yes. It’s subjective but put Fyfe in a strong Melbourne club, with a clean bill of health and we’d be talking about him in the same breath as Ablett and Franklin, imo just slightly above Martin.

No doubt Martin is one of the greatest finals performers we’ve seen, but Fyfe has been incredible in finals too. Put a team around him like Martin has had and no doubt he’d have multiple Norm Smiths too. Plus Fyfe is actually good in the H&A season, despite being surrounded by gumboots.

A bad team didnt make Fyfe kick 2 shots out on the full in a Grand Final. And the other shot a Behind.

Fyfe is ahead of Danger. But no-one is ahead of Dusty at the moment.

Dusty is better than Danger no debate, but Dimma truly smashes Chris Scott.

What was Danger doing forward in the premiership quarter when Richmond were coming back?

Dusty is simply the best player in the comp. No one rises to the occasion like Dusty.

Who else was going to kick the goals?

Geelong were so badly exposed last night. They dont just need a FF but they need 2 small forwards. Richmond is that far ahead.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Truth be told, Martin is considerably better with ball in hand.

Danger is more a contested beast, willing himself to get the pill and bowl blokes over that get in the way.

The Geelong coach must have realised that was what his team needed in the guts during the third quarter, but didn't use him.

Paddy is a capable forward, but there was a clear match between his strength and team requirement last night that was left unused.

One has a great coach. The other has a crap coach.

Brownlow Top Ten Finishes (The Last Twenty Seasons):

Patrick Dangerfield: x 9
Gary Ablett Jnr: x 8
Dustin Martin: x 6
Chris Judd: x 6
Adam Goodes: x 6

All of these players are gods of the game in a longevity sense in terms of their careers of course personal achievement is not team achievement. I hate these petty arguments because they are just that on a side note it is remarkable how many Brownlow Medal winners only had one top ten finish in the last twenty seasons. The full list is available, but don't expect me to type it out any time soon.

Cringe

dangerflop2020granny-gif.994372

Think everyone in the league needs to take notice that the guy who doesn't play for frees, keeps his feet in the contest and doesn't do the cheap sh*t...is the best player in the league
Mind boggles how the media dont pull him up for it, Danger dives everytime the going gets tough in finals.
The fans see it - of all Clubs.

I honestly can't believe how limp a performance Danger put in considering we've been hearing him constantly and the Vic media always slobbering over the fact that he WANTS and NEEDS and CRAVES a premiership...and he dishes up THAT kinda performance tonight..I'm sure everyone will give him a pass though, for some reason.
Could not agree more. He is all sizzle, but has gone missing in all the finals against Richmond.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back