The difference it makes. Drafting SA kids.

Remove this Banner Ad

i think being a crap hole is a lot more than the onfield

it started with Trigg.
  • not caring about supporters. Clicks
  • As far as the eye can see
  • Tippett
  • Sanctions
  • Rendell
  • Camp
  • Esports, baseball (leveraging our expertise!!!!)
we had a monopoly, an annoying little brother club, and became so arrogant we made Stevie from marketing our CEO.

we were so complacent & corpulent that we would have made Nero take fiddle lessons from King George III

then came expansion, free agency and we were ill-prepared for any real off field competition

we started making excuses, clubs started picking off our players, we whinged about imaginary go-home factors etc

we became a football second corporation

and it’s snowballed downhill since then

I mean fu**, we got so full of our self importance we made our greatest ever player feel unwelcome, then instead of getting a wake up call - we had a board member plant a hatchet piece with her journalist husband in the daily press

that’s the sh*t we need to fix

I’d argue that Adelaide oval was one of the worst things to happen to us. It was a goldmine that made a complacent club feel like it could do wrong again

in a year of COVID we are again, like expansion, free agency etc the worst placed club to ride out disruption

Competition in all forms is survival of the fittest, best able to adapt to change, and that is not us

retention will improve when we sort out what matters

#FootyFirst
#RealFootyCeo
Surely there wasn't just one chairman that oversaw all of this and implemented this culture at the top. Surely not

This post isn't about taking lower talent SA kids just to draft SA kids.
It's about being in a position to actually get access to those high quality SA ones when they are available, and also actually getting a young SA kid back after he was drafted to another club.
It feels good to be able to draft RT, as it's been awhile since SA has produced a AAA big man talent.

Imagine thinking Caleb Daniel and Mitch McGovern are equal though

i think being a crap hole is a lot more than the onfield

it started with Trigg.
  • not caring about supporters. Clicks
  • As far as the eye can see
  • Tippett
  • Sanctions
  • Rendell
  • Camp
  • Esports, baseball (leveraging our expertise!!!!)
we had a monopoly, an annoying little brother club, and became so arrogant we made Stevie from marketing our CEO.

we were so complacent & corpulent that we would have made Nero take fiddle lessons from King George III

then came expansion, free agency and we were ill-prepared for any real off field competition

we started making excuses, clubs started picking off our players, we whinged about imaginary go-home factors etc

we became a football second corporation

and it’s snowballed downhill since then

I mean fu**, we got so full of our self importance we made our greatest ever player feel unwelcome, then instead of getting a wake up call - we had a board member plant a hatchet piece with her journalist husband in the daily press

that’s the sh*t we need to fix

I’d argue that Adelaide oval was one of the worst things to happen to us. It was a goldmine that made a complacent club feel like it could do wrong again

in a year of COVID we are again, like expansion, free agency etc the worst placed club to ride out disruption

Competition in all forms is survival of the fittest, best able to adapt to change, and that is not us

retention will improve when we sort out what matters

#FootyFirst
#RealFootyCeo

Remove this Banner Ad

Back