Competitions The Disaccharide Goal Kicking Competition

Remove this Banner Ad

May 24, 2006
Car 55
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Redbacks, Sturt, Liverpool, Arizona
Congratulations to SugarShane for winning our second goal kicking competition for 2019!

But what the heck does our new title mean? Well... SugarShane is reminding us that he has now won this thing twice. Talk about Professor Wiseguy

SugarShane joins Crouch as the only ever multiple winners of this game.

The good news is that with four rounds to go we will be able to squeeze in ANOTHER goalkicking competition this season. And possibly two or three more. In fact you can accurately gauge the Crows fortunes by looking at how many goal kicking competitions we have:

Graph.jpg

Current Reigning Champion: SugarShane

Hall of Fame: AdelaideFan14, Coopers, Hinkstuff, SugarShane, Dirty Bird, jenny61_99, AFC979810, ok.crows, Samcro24, Crowowowow, Crouch, El Doederino, Crouch again, Brenton Davy, SugarShane again

Broom Closet of Fame: johnnypanther, AFC979810, Glenno23, Brown_WOOLF, Tarasque36, DangerSloane, DD#23, Glenno23 again, Mattrox, Pilchard_Adams, Red mist

NB: Participants enter the 'Broom Closet' when there is no outright winner and all remaining participants bomb at the same time.

Rules

Basic plot:
You have to pick an Adelaide goal kicker each week. If he kicks a goal you move on to the next round. If he doesn't you're out. Can't pick the same player twice. Last person left wins.

Selections: You make your selections in this thread. Your selection must be in by the first bounce. If you pick someone twice you're eliminated. You can change your selection right up until the first bounce if you get a late vibe.

Late changes: If your selected player is named in the 22 but is a late withdrawal then you get whoever comes in for him. For clarity, a late change is any change that occurs after Thursday Night (Or Friday Afternoon if it's a Sunday game). If there's more than one late change then I'll match up players alphabetically to work out who replaced who. If one change occurs on a Friday after teams are announced on Thursday, and a further change occurs on match day, we'll still apply the alphabetical rule.

Forgetting: If you forget - bad luck! You're out.

Tiebreaker: Gone. Had been keeping track of goals to use as a tie breaker in case all remaining participants bomb out in the same week. Too fiddly and time consuming. Have returned to the original rule where if the remaining participants all bow out at the same time and there is no outright winner, into the Broom Closet they go.

Latecomers: If you haven't entered by the first bounce of the Crows' clash with St Kilda then you can't play.

Immunity Card: If your player kicks the first goal of the game (the game, not just the Crows first goal) then you earn an Immunity Card. An Immunity Card can be used if your selected player fails to kick a goal. It's like a Get Out of Jail Free card.

Fine Print Rule I Keep Forgetting To Put In: If you forget to put a selection in one week but sneak through via an Immunity Card... then you will be allocated the Crows players with the lowest guernsey number who didn't kick a goal in that game. Just so that all players have made an equal number of selections.

All jokes aside, what happens if there's a bunch of players still left when the Crows season finishes?: If it gets to that stage I will demand tipsters pick multiple goal kickers whenever our final game arrives (or threatens to arrive - eg Round 23 if finals are up in the air). Will explain these rules in more detail later should this scenario eventuate.

FAQ

Q: What happens if the Crows don't kick a single goal in a game?
A: Dump truck / manure

Q: Shouldn't you get rid of Immunity Cards for this game given that there's only a few weeks left?
A: Probably... but I'm not gonna. Last time I did that I actually got the first goal of the game for once and was SPEWING

Good luck to all participants. Try not to blow it like you always do.

Attachments

• 1564372838755.png
    1564372838755.png
    44.6 KB · Views: 113

Congratulations to SugarShane for winning our second goal kicking competition for 2019!

But what the heck does our new title mean? Well... SugarShane is reminding us that he has now won this thing twice. Talk about Professor Wiseguy

View attachment 717406

SugarShane joins Crouch as the only ever multiple winners of this game.

Thank you for the kind words. The test of a true sportsman is to be humble in victory as well as defeat.

But also:
giphy.gif

I look forward to milk and snacks in the 2+ Club with Crouch.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

enny61_99 - Tex
Milera2Betts - Walker
AmericanCrow--Taylor Walker

Scorpus - Otten

Billie - JJ
Footy4ever - JJ

Dude316 - Darcy Fogarty

Drugs Are Bad Mackay? - Douglas

skam85 - Mackay

GreyCrow - Murphy

I got excited to get back in the last game, then forgot to put in a selection! Old age forgetfulness is a bitch (if I remember rightly)

Anyway - back the kids - Stengle for me please.

enny61_99 - Tex
Milera2Betts - Walker
AmericanCrow--Taylor Walker

Scorpus - Otten

Billie - JJ
Footy4ever - JJ

Dude316 - Darcy Fogarty

Drugs Are Bad Mackay? - Douglas

skam85 - Mackay

GreyCrow - Murphy

Smoooothy - Ten Goal Tommy Lynch

Jenny61_99 - Tex