Scandal The 'disgusting' on-field sledge that made a player consider walking off the ground and quitting the game

Remove this Banner Ad

I dont get this.

You can legally tell a bloke you will break his head if he touches the ball and that is fine

You can bump the sh*t out of a guy who is coming back from a shoulder injury and that is fine

But if you say something to a guy who has had depression and that is not ok

What a time to be alive!

How many shoulder injuries kill young men every year? You don't get it because you are incredibly ignorant about mental health... Which is mind blowing because this discussion has been goign for years now and people are still this slow to catch on FFS

This is what I hate about this sport. Dickheads can get away with saying the most vile things because "it's just a sledge!". This doesn't happen in other sports. Maybe hockey is the only other one.

GO and watch the "Last Dance" doco on netflix about the Bulls, you will see it's been happening in the NBA for a very long time

GO and watch the "Last Dance" doco on netflix about the Bulls, you will see it's been happening in the NBA for a very long time

Trash talking has been in basketball even going back to when I played in the mid 70s - early 80s. I didn't notice it until the influx of black Americans, so I guess it went on in the college system over there and they brought that culture with them. I dealt with it by ignoring it, eventually they gave up on me. A lot of what they said to me was disgraceful, and racist to say the least. I used to think "Wow, if I said that to you in the street, you'd punch my lights out, so why is it acceptable on the court?".

This is what I hate about this sport. Dickheads can get away with saying the most vile things because "it's just a sledge!". This doesn't happen in other sports. Maybe hockey is the only other one.

Yeah the full contact sport that encourages fighting where you can get away with anything....

Remove this Banner Ad

Back