The diving thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Does he dive though?
Ducks, dives, drops knees, has no thumbs, touches children, covets an ancient ring, is mates with Vladimir Putin, is related to Atilla the Hun, Genghis Khan, Stalin and Hitler, doesn't like puppies or kittens, hunts endangered animals, likes Justin Beiber, thinks sand is coarse and rough and irritating and it gets everywhere. You name it, that prick does it.

Ducks, dives, drops knees, has no thumbs, touches children, covets an ancient ring, is mates with Vladimir Putin, is related to Atilla the Hun, Genghis Khan, Stalin and Hitler, doesn't like puppies or kittens, hunts endangered animals, likes Justin Beiber, thinks sand is coarse and rough and irritating and it gets everywhere. You name it, that prick does it.
Seems to me that a dive might be if you happen to fall to the ground if somebody doesn't really make contact with you. Ala any number of soccer players. Is that what Rhys does?

Last edited:
SPS was bad but Rhys Mathieson diving into tackles all game was pathetic and he will get himself knocked out in the not too distant future and I will have absolutely no sympathy for him.

Saw him run head first into a brick wall at Gabba central once.

Got up and walked off. Weird unit. Can't see him getting knocked out.

I write to inform you younger footy supporters of one of the most eternal essences of footy. Rovers , all rovers, or at least the good ones, have certain characteristics that have remained throughout the entire life of Aussie footy. They are
  1. They get cheap free kicks all the time. back in the seventies the Carlton and Collingwood supporters would be yelling, "Don't touch him" when Gags Gallagher or Wayne Richardson was going for the ball. You should have been at Bartlett's matches to really see opposition supporters go ape at the free kicks that he could milk
  2. Rover are hungry bastards
  3. We all hate the opposition rovers because, well, read the above two.
Rhys Mathieson is simply carrying on a great tradition of Roverness.

What really annoys me is that ruckmen rarely get free kicks at all.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Oliver got up and went after Schofield.

Just berate SPS like all of you did to Oliver, go on he deserves it.
Oliver whacked Schofield and then went down like shot after receiving one back. SPS received a backhand strike out of nowhere to the throat and chin and was stunned.

To compare the two is laughable

What a s**t post.

What Mathieson does is a blight on the game. It's s**t. The Captain of the club you support is responsible for it evolving into this game.
If initiating contact to your own head results in injury then I say you have copped your right whack.
When someone is seriously injured employing these tactics it will be morons like you who will be posting that it's a shame that something like that happened.
Initiating contact to your own head to draw a free kick is the single biggest stain on this game at present
It is also the precursor to the diving bullshit that is now becoming more prevalent in our game week on week.

It needs to be called out and it needs to stop.

What Mathieson does is a blight on the game. It's s**t. The Captain of the club you support is responsible for it evolving into this game.
If initiating contact to your own head results in injury then I say you have copped your right whack.
When someone is seriously injured employing these tactics it will be morons like you who will be posting that it's a shame that something like that happened.
Initiating contact to your own head to draw a free kick is the single biggest stain on this game at present
It is also the precursor to the diving bullshit that is now becoming more prevalent in our game week on week.

It's your comments on Christensen, not Matho. As if you didn't realise. Injury trolling is the lowest of the low. Your post is disgraceful.

Hopefully Karma gets him just like it did Christensen. Andrew Walker FHU

Garbage post. Being annoyed at Matho/a loss (which are both fair) doesn't excuse an injury troll (which is definitely not). Very average.

Righto champ. Go take a valium. Yours was a s**t post, trying to defend it you're just outing yourself as a s**t bloke. Keep it up.

A lot of very serious souls on this thread. Could you imagine Christenson and Mathieson running around on the same ground... shudder

Righto champ. Go take a valium. Yours was a s**t post, trying to defend it you're just outing yourself as a s**t bloke. Keep it up.

If I don't get all misty when players whom play the game like Mathieson get knocked over and that makes me a s**t bloke, then s**t bloke I am.
And champ, I'm not trying to defend s**t.

If I don't get all misty when players whom play the game like Mathieson get knocked over and that makes me a s**t bloke, then s**t bloke I am.
And champ, I'm not trying to defend s**t.

You were advocating Mathieson getting injured and injury trolling Christensen. That's s**t bloke territory. Plenty of ways to talk about you not liking the way a player goes about it without hoping some 19 year old gets knocked out.

Hahaha the karma bus hit Carlton with that SPS dive! Atleast the majority of Melbourne fans admitted Clary took a dive. I was the one who bumped the thread to get the discussion going on it

This s**t won't stop until supporters start tipping in on their own players so Geelong and Carlton fans it's your turn. Man/Woman up and call a spade a spade and a dive a dive

You were advocating Mathieson getting injured and injury trolling Christensen. That's s**t bloke territory. Plenty of ways to talk about you not liking the way a player goes about it without hoping some 19 year old gets knocked out.

Champ, if they initiate the contact that leads to their own injury then that's the very definition of karma.
And I'm happy to wear your s**t bloke tag if I don't have any sympathy if and when this occurs.

Hahaha the karma bus hit Carlton with that SPS dive! Atleast the majority of Melbourne fans admitted Clary took a dive. I was the one who bumped the thread to get the discussion going on it

This s**t won't stop until supporters start tipping in on their own players so Geelong and Carlton fans it's your turn. Man/Woman up and call a spade a spade and a dive a dive

Ha, you're dreamin' mate.
For some strange, sad reason most take any criticism, fair or not, personally and defend & deny.
Annoying but strangely satisfying to read.
Would be nice if the act itself was called out regardless of who it was.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back